How long for a Nationwide debit card?

Has anyone received one recently, if so how long did it take?

My debit card expires at the end of this month. I called Nationwide and they said it had been sent out on the 8th October.

Apparently, they send it by ordinary mail, which seems ridiculous to me.

Any advice on how long I should wait before I start to panic would be gratefully received.

Believe that is UK? Normal mail from US takes 14-15 days to me here in Bangkok - suspect could be up to a week longer upcountry where delivery may be less than often. The only mail I have received from UK are package type at higher costs and they have been quite fast (about a week).

Ordinary mail has been reliable for me and credit/debit cards (at least at Thai end). Did have US post office send to wrong country more than once and one remained lost for almost a year before being delivered to Thailand. Texas tries to make any foreign mail go to a central/south american destination it seems.

My previous Nationwide debit card expired at the end of August 2014, in early August I was getting worried that I had not received a replacement and contacted Nationwide who assured me that the replacement had been sent. The new card arrived just a few days prior to to old card expiring, 'sigh of relief', but it had taken over 3 weeks to get to me in Khon Kaen. As the letter was in a printed business envelope it was not possible to view the date of posting. I notice that the replacement card is valid for 5 years where the previous one had only been valid for 3 years.

A Happy Ending.

Having thought about it for 2 or 3 days I finally decided to start this topic this morning. I wasn’t too concerned but I just wanted to know what other people’s experiences were.

I had already decided to go and draw out as much as I could today on the old card, just in case the new one didn’t arrive in time.

So I went to the bank at 2 o’clock this afternoon, made a withdrawal, came back home and there was the wife proudly declaring that I just received a letter from the UK!

It was my new card.

Unbelievable timing!

So that was 19 days from sunny Swindon. The cheapest happy ending I have ever had.

Thanks to all who replied to this topic.

Archived