Metformin

jgriff

Hello

Can anybody tell me if Metformin is available OTC? If so how much on average? I am a type 2 Diabetic and have been Metformin. I usually bring my supply from Canada but just got a brain wave to try here. I know I am a little slow. gigglem.gif

I am also Diabetic typ 2 since 10 years, and have been buying them here in Thailand since my 8 years stay here. Originally I bought the original ones, but soon enough I found out that the copies were just fine, and much cheaper, and cost about 2 baht a tablet here in Chaiyaphum. I talk about Metformin 500 mg Sandoz...

The guy above that says that Metformin 500 tabelts costs 300 baht only.... I would love to know more details about that price, so I can benefit from it as well. Have myself NEVER seen such a price before.... Is it really 500 mg Metformin Sandoz we are talking about withthat price?? I doubt it..

Glegolo.

I am also Diabetic typ 2 since 10 years, and have been buying them here in Thailand since my 8 years stay here. Originally I bought the original ones, but soon enough I found out that the copies were just fine, and much cheaper, and cost about 2 baht a tablet here in Chaiyaphum. I talk about Metformin 500 mg Sandoz...

The guy above that says that Metformin 500 tabelts costs 300 baht only.... I would love to know more details about that price, so I can benefit from it as well. Have myself NEVER seen such a price before.... Is it really 500 mg Metformin Sandoz we are talking about withthat price?? I doubt it..

Glegolo.

correct! Bt300 for 500 x 500 mg available from chinese pharmacy near Sriraj hospital. Also Siamet 500mg 1bt per tab many chineese pharmacies.also East West Pharmacy soi 13 sukumvit. Ameryl generic called diaglib 2mg bt10 per tab

You see the prices in previous post,however the price for 500mg EXTENDED RELEASE, which is probably what you are using is much more expensive but is available OTC...

Lefty

Hi Lefty

I am using Metformin Hydrochloride 500mg. Doses are 2 breakfast, 1 lunch & 2 dinner. Not sure if these are extended release. I pay the equivalent of about 800 baht in Canada.

Available everywhere without prescription

Depends where you buy, try to find the small shop with lots of people where most come away with very large bags or boxes of meds = wholesale prices. most are Drs or agents of Drs

I pay for Metformin 500 mg 500 tablets tub = 190 Baht per tub.

​Buying from a very busy place also has no problems on sell by date. the Metformin tub I opened last week has sell by date of 18-4-2018........... I buy all my meds in large tubs or if only sold in strips then by the box = a fraction of the price

• 1 month later...

Archived