Airport Immigration

wwest5829

Arrived late last night after flights from U.S. via Inchon. Coming down the escalator to the Immigration lines, things were very backed up. Too many flights, not enough stations open. I noted that several people during my wait we're going directly to baggage claim avoiding Immigration altogether. This was possible due to an opening immediately right at the bottom of the escalator.

My question. I assume these folks will be in for a rude awakening upon trying to exit Thailand as they did not legally enter Thailand. Just curious as to thoughts on the various possibilities. Immigration officers, steadily processing those in line, noted the run around but I did not see anyone call for security to block the breach while I was there (substantial line).

One thing about that check at luggage is not everyone goes thru it. Seems very random & the few times we have come thru

we only were asked to use it once. Other 3 or so times walked right past it.

But yes they will surely have a problem leaving with no entry stamp. I guess it will be determined by their arrival/ departure TM.6 card...hopefully they kept it?

Picked some visitors up last week from the airport, they landed at 5.20 pm but did not come through customs until 7.10 pm 4 flights international landed within 30 mins.They said it was total chaos with only 5 stations open.

The main problem was the arrival cards, most people had not filled them in , perhaps they should be in several languages.

Cleared immigration at BKK? Just need to clear customs at CNX.

OP says arrived from USA by Inchon. (Korean Air) That will be a direct flight from Inchon and it does not go to Bangkok. You clear immigration at CNX. Theses individuals will be in deep shyt.

OP says arrived from USA by Inchon. (Korean Air) That will be a direct flight from Inchon and it does not go to Bangkok. You clear immigration at CNX. Theses individuals will be in deep shyt.

OP said too many flights indicating his was not the only one entering at the time.

OP said too many flights indicating his was not the only one entering at the time.

Those that did clear immigration in Bangkok will be OK but those that didn't will have a big problem.

Picked some visitors up last week from the airport, they landed at 5.20 pm but did not come through customs until 7.10 pm 4 flights international landed within 30 mins.They said it was total chaos with only 5 stations open.

The main problem was the arrival cards, most people had not filled them in , perhaps they should be in several languages.

Or have an agent in front of the queue area checking their arrival cards. If card is incomplete, make the arrivals complete it before queuing.

Last time we came in on Korean air was no other flights coming in at the same time. How many international carriers come into Chiang Mai direct. I know one of the Chinese ones Korean air and Air Asia do but what are the chances of them all coming in at once. Would be nice if the OP had said how many flights came in. Also there are not enough international flights coming into Chiang Mai to warrant a large staff at immigration.

There can be several charter flights coming in from China late at night about the same time the Korean Air flight arrives. I've been there meeting people arriving on that Korean Air flight and seen the airport swamped with Chinese who arrive just ahead of the Korean flight. Those Chinese charters won't show up as scheduled commercial flights on the internet, but the passengers still need to clear Immigration.

And of course don't forget the baggage is supposed to go to Domestic for passengers from Bangkok or Int'l for those who haven't cleared CIQ there.

I've picked up international passengers before and then found their luggage spinning round the domestic carousel.

And of course don't forget the baggage is supposed to go to Domestic for passengers from Bangkok or Int'l for those who haven't cleared CIQ there.

I've picked up international passengers before and then found their luggage spinning round the domestic carousel.

I always clear immigration at BKK, baggage & customs at international terminal.

I always clear immigration at BKK, then clear customs at CNX. So I am one of the people the OP mentioned. No, I have never had a rude awakening exiting the country since I am here legally, as are the people he is talking about.

If for some reason the people did not clear immigration at BKK, ie direct international flight into CNX, they will still have NO problem when they exit the country because the Thais do not enforce their own rules.

They will be charged with entering the country illegally.

cheesy.gif

Just like these guys both will be put in the same cell. Guess who will be singing high C.whistling.gif

14458426361445842703l.jpg

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1445842636

I don't think the OP was referring to those guys. Actually, I think the Op was confused & disorientated after a long journey, & too much trolley service thumbsup.gif

I would like a free T-shirt like the guys in the photo please.

The one's that say, "Foreigner go home (after pay fine maak)"

I'll pass.

But I think I'll print some up in Thai that says,

"I invite you to the US where we can all go 'snipe hunting'."

I'd like to have the cultural shoe on the other foot for awhile. LOL whistling.gif

OP provides another example of the immigration and customs officers in action!

Immigration? Well, people have to get their sleep don't they? Wonder why the chief of Immigration has been publicly chastised by his superiors!

Customs? I have entered Thailand over the years and never been checked by Customs. More than once no officer was in sight in the customs hall!

But the uniforms are nice! Has anyone figured out what the ribbons mean?

One thing about that check at luggage is not everyone goes thru it. Seems very random & the few times we have come thru

we only were asked to use it once. Other 3 or so times walked right past it.

But yes they will surely have a problem leaving with no entry stamp. I guess it will be determined by their arrival/ departure TM.6 card...hopefully they kept it?

But their arrival card won't have a stamp on it either, so it's redundant.

Archived