Anybody want to own up to this piece of Farang charm on 29th October?

mamborobert

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four minutes and 5 seconds of excruciating nothingness before getting to the interesting bit, but I'm also wondering what triggered this. He knew that there was a camera and he seemed to stick 2 fingers up or flip the bird with an angry face before getting into his car. I think that there might be a bit of a back story on this one.

Í watched the vid.. the guy is an idiot.. but why the hell did he do it. It does not become clear from watching the vid. Did I miss something.

At the left turn the farang clearly blocked the car with the cam from passing him, by changing driving lane in the curb.

The person with the cam was probably upset, rightfully, and may have blown his horn on the idiot. Rightfully again.

Í watched the vid.. the guy is an idiot.. but why the hell did he do it. It does not become clear from watching the vid. Did I miss something.

Yeah.

1. They're both in the traffic jam on the Superhighway due to construction of the Mae Jo Road underpass.

2. They're both at the far left of the road which you'd expect wanting to make a left turn.

3. Then when making the left turn they both move all the way to the right hand lane. Car with cam gets slightly alongside but gets cut off. Probably honked the horn too at that time as a collision is narrowly avoided.

Not sure if either is to blame for the initial near-collision.. if only one lane is turning left on to a road with 3 available lanes then it's not too unusual to make a move for the outside lane right away. So in other words, if I had to get upset every time someone makes a dash for some clean road space at the same time that I'm also going for it then I'd have to get upset quite a lot.

It happens, not that big of a deal you'd think.

EDIT: Oh, and the camera car driver then proceeds to overtake on the inside and in generally drives a bit too fast given the traffic situation. That's really not strange at all but from memory I recall that's a no no in some European countries. I don't think that's the main issue though.

What we can't see or hear, is the actions & words of Thai driver. Maybe they were giving the finger as they undertook the guy in the Ford. I've had Thais making obscene gestures right up against their windscreens when I've done far less than that Ford guy did. Drive like children, act like children, once in their 4 wheeled isolation tank.

Yeah.

1. They're both in the traffic jam on the Superhighway due to construction of the Mae Jo Road underpass.

2. They're both at the far left of the road which you'd expect wanting to make a left turn.

3. Then when making the left turn they both move all the way to the right hand lane. Car with cam gets slightly alongside but gets cut off. Probably honked the horn too at that time as a collision is narrowly avoided.

Not sure if either is to blame for the initial near-collision.. if only one lane is turning left on to a road with 3 available lanes then it's not too unusual to make a move for the outside lane right away. So in other words, if I had to get upset every time someone makes a dash for some clean road space at the same time that I'm also going for it then I'd have to get upset quite a lot.

It happens, not that big of a deal you'd think.

EDIT: Oh, and the camera car driver then proceeds to overtake on the inside and in generally drives a bit too fast given the traffic situation. That's really not strange at all but from memory I recall that's a no no in some European countries. I don't think that's the main issue though.

Also, it looks like having passed on the inside, the camera car driver then immediately cuts in front of the other driver.

Uhm ok so a guy made some rude gestures. Big deal, just ignore the idiot.

I have had Thais do far worse things to me when they have been unable to overtake. Like waving a gun around and saying foreigners should stay in the left lane or he will shoot them.

I love the way the guy calmly opened the door of the vehicle, watching for the motorscooters working their way up to the head of the pack, kindly gesturing for them to proceed before he went and did his little performance for the camera.

It was quite simply that the car filming tried to overtake (aggressively but this is Thailand), the offending truck, but offending truck was moving into overtaking lane so filming car then dropped back and accelerated on inside line "undertaking" offending truck.

Remember undertaking is not permitted anywhere and in most other countries the law is adhered to. In Thailand people do whatever they want and subsequently kill each other on the roads which is why the death rate is so bad.

Not condoning this guys actions though, it was a stupid thing to do for many reasons but the main one being could be another crazy Thai with machete in the boot.

Archived