Where are the English Language Teachers?

tpm11260

I've been working in Yangon for two months and our school is trying hard to find English language teachers. Is anyone interested in relocating to Yangon? It's an interesting place to be right now. Things are developing very quickly yet Yangon hasn't lost its charm. Let me know if there are any teachers out there who would like a stint in Myanmar.

When I worked in Yangon about 2-3 years ago, the biggest problem was the lack of suitable accommodation at a fair price.

I can only imagine that this problem has got worse?

Considering the ASEAN community starting next month, shouldn't it be better by now?

Would be great to read some details what's going on there these days. I wouldn't mind to give it a try.......facepalm.gif

It's not surprising that SEA are struggling to fill vacancies for English teachers,considering the the poor salaries,even worse these Teachers are sacrificing their peak earning years to acrue a pension for a pittance of a salary! small wonder good English Teachers are not so plentiful!

No I am not a Teacher,I couldn't afford to be one!

It's not surprising that SEA are struggling to fill vacancies for English teachers,considering the the poor salaries...

Poor salaries? In Yangon (3 years ago), I was taking home $2,500 - $3,000 USD a month (tax free), including overtime. I was working for a bilingual, private school, not a 'real' international school.

And the only teaching qualification I had was a TEFL certificate :)

It's not surprising that SEA are struggling to fill vacancies for English teachers,considering the the poor salaries...

Poor salaries? In Yangon (3 years ago), I was taking home $2,500 - $3,000 USD a month (tax free), including overtime. I was working for a bilingual, private school, not a 'real' international school.

And the only teaching qualification I had was a TEFL certificate smile.png

But I understand you also have a MSc.

lol, as it were.

When I worked in Yangon about 2-3 years ago, the biggest problem was the lack of suitable accommodation at a fair price.

Considering the ASEAN community starting next month, shouldn't it be better by now?

Would be great to read some details what's going on there these days. I wouldn't mind to give it a try.......facepalm.gif

Can you explain why the impending ASEAN Economic Community would mean greater access to affordable accommodation in any of the member countries ?

Yes indeed, but in space and satellite technology, not a subject really related to education smile.png

Sell us on the chicks at least..

I found the 'chicks' very nice. But unless things have rapidly changed, you need to either speak Myanmar-sa or Mandarin, because in the 'show-bars', those were the only languages that the ladies knew, apart from sign language whistling.gif

Can you explain why the impending ASEAN Economic Community would mean greater access to affordable accommodation in any of the member countries ?

Why are you not even trying to find the answer by using your own little brain?

I don't help lazy students, sorry...wai2.gif .

I been to Yangoon middle 2015 for a visit...would be nice to work there for some time.....pls mail me the details...I am fluent in english but no certificate...can help to practise conversation...possible ?

This is a solid applicant. Hire this man immediately.

I been to Yangoon middle 2015 for a visit...would be nice to work there for some time.....pls mail me the details...I am fluent in english but no certificate...can help to practise conversation...possible ?

This is a solid applicant. Hire this man immediately.

You really seem to have a very dark sense of humor.....facepalm.gif

I think a lot of people with other degrees are teaching English, I do not think that qualifies then to be called English teachers. Nor does a quick TEFL. probably one of the reasons why the standard of English in Thai schools is shit.

Burma could be the next big place for English teachers. Most places have got to be better than Thailand, minus the cheap pussy Thailand sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to you,it was very fortunate to have landed a salary of that amount!

Archived