EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

Come what may, though, I am assuming that BEIN would not wish to have their good name and reputation sullied through any association, at least in the short term, with that shambolic Dad's Army of a subscription TV service provider called CTH - whose days, do, indeed, appear to be numbered if/when it is confirmed that they have lost the rights to screen live EPL games here from the 2016-17 season.

BeIn don't give a toss, they are a bunch of arrogant a-holes and their billing and renewal is a joke.

I've just entered my Smartcard number to check my status and according to them it's an invalid smart card - although I was watching it last night and only renewed it in July.

They frequently don't bother putting English commentary on, you get three audio tracks all the same with some camelshagger screaming "Mishmumkin!" at the top of his voice.

Oh and if you want Euro 2016 they'll probably try and charge you extra.

They have good technology, but that's about it.

So it looks like a case of jumping from the frying pan into the fire at the end of the current EPL season (assuming that CTH last that long, of course), then.

^"Hopefully, they would have learnt from CTH's shambolic attempts in this regard this time 3 years ago - which, among a host of other things, resulted in no live PLTV channel coverage here in LOS for the first 6 months of the current agreement period."

Is that true? I don't remember CTH not showing ANY live Premier League games, but the wife does say I'm getting old.

Yes, CTH have, indeed, been pretty good at screening live EPL games across their Stadium 1-5 channels from the word go, just as True were before them.

However, as I said, it did take CTH a good 6 months to set up the Stadium 6 channel with the English-language PLTV punditry from John Dykes & co.

You might want to get ready for Keys and Gray then.

Having said that, they are far more entertaining than that talking head Dykes.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...that said, people in Thailand have had a decade or so of John Dykes so are used to him.

Yes but comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

He has the personality of a brick.

Bein also have a better selection of guests as well, they all like playing Golf in Doha.

Even Souness's rather tasty step daughter reads the sports news now and again.

10947380505_218ffb7c85_b.jpg

You are posting some cracking pictures today Chicog!

I'm guessing that in the next few months history will repeat itself. Some senior CTH executive will be quoted as saying that they do not expect the loss of the EPL rights to have any effect on their business and a month or so later will drop their package price (only to new subscribers) by all of 100 baht. Meanwhile Scudamore will hold a press conference in Bangkok saying how delighted he is with BeiN and what a wonderful and experienced broadcaster they are in Thailand. Numpty.

^Not a great fan of Keys but I like Dykes. Some of the guests I've seen on BeIn Champions League nights I don't rate, and some are very hard to understand (poor english) making their contribution hard to comprehend. That said have you seen the quality of CTH's thai commentators/pundits on Stadium 1 to 5...they look scared to death. BeLn will be a step-up in quality for Thailand.

I also like Souness daughter ;-)

^Not a great fan of Keys but I like Dykes. Some of the guests I've seen on BeIn Champions League nights I don't rate, and some are very hard to understand (poor english) making their contribution hard to comprehend. That said have you seen the quality of CTH's thai commentators/pundits on Stadium 1 to 5...they look scared to death. BeLn will be a step-up in quality for Thailand.

Keys is a good foil for Gray though. He's always winding him up.

biggrin.png

• 2 months later...

biggrin.png

I know it's an old thread but is there any follow-up to this regarding the broadcasting network beIN will use.

Thanks

I will miss the IPL productions, they do great analysis and bring quality guests onto their discussion panel. I guess it means that I will have to get a BEIN set-top box from next season unless TRUE somehow gets all of the EPL channels......I hope so because I have a TRUE set-top box.

I will miss the IPL productions, they do great analysis and bring quality guests onto their discussion panel. I guess it means that I will have to get a BEIN set-top box from next season unless TRUE somehow gets all of the EPL channels......I hope so because I have a TRUE set-top box.

You won't actually, Keys and Gray do a great show and have excellent guests.

The only think that irks me is that if you are on the game on Bein 11 they keep cutting to a quarter screen to show every other PL goal.

Gray has always annoyed me but ever since he stopped using Tiddly Winks, he has become less annoying. But as you say, they have good guests and us in the middle-east have had a couple (or is it 3 now)of years to look at the overall quality of BEin and it's a great service.

I've only watched BIEN this season on the nights City have been on in the Champions League, and I'm sorry to disagree, but as I've said above, I don't rate the guests I've seen. Some have very poor to average english limiting their contribution while others don't seem to offer much. My opinion is that it looks like boys sat in a pub trying to see who can be the funniest.

Gray has always annoyed me but ever since he stopped using Tiddly Winks, he has become less annoying. But as you say, they have good guests and us in the middle-east have had a couple (or is it 3 now)of years to look at the overall quality of BEin and it's a great service.

What (if any) live news/discussion programmes relating to the EPL do BEin show when games are not being played (akin to the IMG "Football Today" programme which is currently shown nightly on the CTH Stadium 6 channel here during the week)?

If they serve up little more than endless repeats of boring EPL "classics" dating back to 1873 at these times, I seriously doubt whether I'll be bothering with them.sad.png

http://www.beinsports.com/en/tv-guide

It takes a little while to open the guide itself, so be patient.

Thanks for the link. Hmm, not promising as things stand, though. Only 1 channel (2HD) dedicated to the EPL, it would appear. And nowhere 100% EPL coverage on this particular channel either by the looks of it. But hopefully the situation will improve if Truevisions end up screening the EPL here on their behalf, as has been rumoured:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/896127-truevisions-hopeful-of-premier-league-next-season/

Thanks for the link. Hmm, not promising as things stand, though. Only 1 channel (2HD) dedicated to the EPL, it would appear. And nowhere 100% EPL coverage on this particular channel either by the looks of it. But hopefully the situation will improve if Truevisions end up screening the EPL here on their behalf, as has been rumoured:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/896127-truevisions-hopeful-of-premier-league-next-season/

BeIN 11 is the English channel, and they show all live games (only one at 3pm of course). They show EPL on many of the others. They show repeats all the time.

And they have magazine shows, news shows, etc.

The Post Game stuff is very good on a Saturday.

Of course as the rights owners, they might just go lazy and give you the standard Premier League TV fare you get now.

BeIN 11 is the English channel, and they show all live games (only one at 3pm of course). They show EPL on many of the others. They show repeats all the time.

And they have magazine shows, news shows, etc.

The Post Game stuff is very good on a Saturday.

Of course as the rights owners, they might just go lazy and give you the standard Premier League TV fare you get now.

Thanks, I have now had a chance to look at the Channel 11 schedule more closely, and things seem rather more promising than I had previously feared. At least it would appear that IMG's EPL World, EPL News and Football Today programmes will still be shown under the new deal, if not their live punditry before, during and after games. Presumably beIN's EPL Soccer Sunday programme (as scheduled for later today, for example) features their own team of pundits?

I also note, however, that Channel 11 schedule includes a lot of non-EPL material which presumably will be blocked locally unless beIN already possess the necessary screening rights here.

And beIN would, of course, need to recruit a team of Thai pundits for the local audience (and find space for them on their channels), unless this responsibility were to be delegated to Truevisions as part of any sub-contract covering screening arrangements under the new deal.

biggrin.png

I know it's an old thread but is there any follow-up to this regarding the broadcasting network beIN will use.

Thanks

You're not alone wanting to know what's happening to live EPL coverage in Thailand, as from August next. I'm currently subscribing to CTH and Truevisions, by satellite. I will certainly finish with CTH, as soon as this season ends, as long as I'm sure the EPL is switching to another Thai broadcaster. I tried getting some news from True when I 'phoned last week, but all I was told was they're getting 100's of calls from concerned (CTH) viewers, but couldn't give out any information at this stage.

So, does anyone have any up-to-date verifiable information about what's happening to EPL for Thai viewers next season?????

• 2 weeks later...

Someone told me yesterday thatTrue are getting back the premier league next season. Sounds reliable.

I'd be surprised if they don't. They're really the only ones with a proven technical and payment infrastructure to deal with something of that scale.

Someone told me yesterday thatTrue are getting back the premier league next season. Sounds reliable.

I'd be surprised if they don't. They're really the only ones with a proven technical and payment infrastructure to deal with something of that scale.

hopefully true will get the sub-let rights, thats one problem solved, for when i am there.

bloody optus won the rights in aus, so now i am buggered with fox

can not bloody win

As a reminder to you all there's also 365 sport tv which i've been using for the last 2 seasons

watching EPL live and on demand.

https://www.365sport.tv

The standard package is 600bt a month and covers the EPL with 10 channels

The premium package is 999bt a month and covers all sports with 22 channels

You can stream it via any computer device and link it to your tv with a hdmi cable

or via an android set top box directly to your tv.

Archived