EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

Someone told me yesterday thatTrue are getting back the premier league next season. Sounds reliable.

I'd be surprised if they don't. They're really the only ones with a proven technical and payment infrastructure to deal with something of that scale.

Apparently its already nailed on.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a reminder to you all there's also 365 sport tv which i've been using for the last 2 seasons

watching EPL live and on demand.

https://www.365sport.tv

The standard package is 600bt a month and covers the EPL with 10 channels

The premium package is 999bt a month and covers all sports with 22 channels

You can stream it via any computer device and link it to your tv with a hdmi cable

or via an android set top box directly to your tv.

Not every premier league game is on live, i had it for a while

As a reminder to you all there's also 365 sport tv which i've been using for the last 2 seasons

watching EPL live and on demand.

https://www.365sport.tv

The standard package is 600bt a month and covers the EPL with 10 channels

The premium package is 999bt a month and covers all sports with 22 channels

You can stream it via any computer device and link it to your tv with a hdmi cable

or via an android set top box directly to your tv.

Not every premier league game is on live, i had it for a while

True, but all the early and late kick off's are live and four 3pm saturday kick off's are live,

with english commentary and english pundits in studio from the Astro network.

The added advantage is that you can subscribe on a month to month basis to cover the EPL

season only from August to May.

You can also watch it on the device you are using anywhere you are in the world as long as you have an internet connection with your device at hand.

• 1 month later...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PPTV-wins-right-to-live-EPL-matches-30284682.html

<snip>

PPTV secured Free TV rights deal for 26 matches with Bein sport 2016-2019. TRUE said negotiations are ongoing, with a decision expected by June. TRUE exec already spoke of close ties with Bein, so I suspect it's just a case of the price they pay being hashed out.

Mod Edit: Per forum rules, and at the request of the Bangkok Post, no link here. Please.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PPTV-wins-right-to-live-EPL-matches-30284682.html

PPTV secured Free TV rights deal for 26 matches with Bein sport 2016-2019. TRUE said negotiations are ongoing, with a decision expected by June. TRUE exec already spoke of close ties with Bein, so I suspect it's just a case of the price they pay being hashed out.

Removed your second link from my quote since I don't believe that its inclusion accords with forum rules!

Suspect that we may need to subscribe to True's platinum package should the EPL footy be coming their way next season (their gold package sufficed under the deal which expired 3 years ago), given that the existing BEIN channel on True is, I gather, only viewable via that package.

Fingers firmly crossed that negotiations do not, in the event, drag on until Saturday 13th August........ ermm.gif

I get a great deal with TRUE cable in Tonglor. 40MB internet and TV for 1100Bhat including tax! Includes Bein Sports and all TRUE Sport HD channels, except TRUE sport HD 1. ALL Spanish, Italian and MLS footy on there. All UCL on there too. Although the sneaky buggers appear to have put tonight's UCL semi, between Man City and Real Madrid on TS1. Thankfully it's also on TRUE4U channel, so happy days.

26 out of 380?

Strange number.

So if we were going to have to sign up to True's platinum package just to see 26 games live, forget it as far as I am concerned.

And presumably it would only be possible to watch the remaining 354 games via the internet if I have understood the Nation article correctly - which would be a complete non-starter in my case with my 3G connection.

If, heaven forbid, this were all to come to pass it would definitely be bye-bye EPL for me in 3 weeks time, then angry.png

The 26 matches reference wrt PPTV is apparently about free to air Prem league football (PPTV presumably can be obtained free). It's a side issue for those who are prepared to pay True for the full BeIn coverage; however full that coverage will be remains to be seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope that True don't get the rights - I hate them. The staff in the shop where we live are awful. I complained about them on Facebook, and the company blocked me.

As the mighty Boro are back in the Pl next season, I guess I'll be looking into the 365 Sport TV Package, and an improved internet connection - anything but True- bleeding-Vision !

I have had no problems with CTH, I have been with them from the start, and have enjoyed their coverage of the PL, but having read the other comments on here, I seem to be in a minority.

Anywhere to watch the Championship on TV in Thailand?

Newcastle fan ? lol

365 Sport TV advertise that they show the Championship, on their system.

5555 we're only recharging and getting ready for a new good era :)

Thanks man.

Yeah Muddle I hate True too. I used to hate CTH too after they split with PSI but since we got their box free and changed the dish we have been pleasantly surprised by their coverage.

When CTH had the hiccup with PSI we had to get a free CTH box and then get a KU band dish. The PSI/CTH dish was C band so now we have 2 dishes. We like the C band dish better because the KU band dish is badly affected by overcast skies and rainfall. If PSI were to get the EPL rights by negotiating a good price with Bein and broadcast with their C band dish that would be the optimum deal for us because we also still have their box. If CTH were to get the rights via Bein then of course we would go with them because since the hiccup we rate their service and possess their box.

If True were to win the rights then we would need to get their box too and then buy their package(Gold or Platinum). I have been in Thailand many years and remember what rascals they were to deal with so I hope they don't but it does appear likely that they will be the Bein partners.

Like all of us we will have to tow the winner's line or go without of course.

The 365 deal looks OK but we live in the sticks so the internet speed is pants.

Yeah Muddle I hate True too. I used to hate CTH too after they split with PSI but since we got their box free and changed the dish we have been pleasantly surprised by their coverage.

When CTH had the hiccup with PSI we had to get a free CTH box and then get a KU band dish. The PSI/CTH dish was C band so now we have 2 dishes. We like the C band dish better because the KU band dish is badly affected by overcast skies and rainfall. If PSI were to get the EPL rights by negotiating a good price with Bein and broadcast with their C band dish that would be the optimum deal for us because we also still have their box. If CTH were to get the rights via Bein then of course we would go with them because since the hiccup we rate their service and possess their box.

If True were to win the rights then we would need to get their box too and then buy their package(Gold or Platinum). I have been in Thailand many years and remember what rascals they were to deal with so I hope they don't but it does appear likely that they will be the Bein partners.

Like all of us we will have to tow the winner's line or go without of course.

The 365 deal looks OK but we live in the sticks so the internet speed is pants.

You need very little internet speed to run 365 we have it with Expat TV.If you email 365 and ask the minimum speed required they will be back to you in a very short time

I've been using ilikehd for the past two-three months and would have gone to them sooner if I had known they showed Stadium 6 under the guise of Arena 6. I really hope we keep that coverage, whoever shows it. Great weekday discussions on Football Today (19.30-21.00 in Thailand during UK summer time, an hour later in the winter), and their match day discussions are excellent. I am always amazed at how professional their coverage is. Outstanding. I'd hate to lose that.

Message from my IPTV guys today confirms they are replacing CTH channels with Bein and True (no info as to how many channels as yet) and adding 4 hd sports channels from Vietnam.

This supplements the Astro (Malaysia), Sky Sports, BT, and Setanta Ireland already available. Also has French/German/Italian...and even Russian sports channels. Looks like I'm well covered for next seasonbiggrin.png

Message from my IPTV guys today confirms they are replacing CTH channels with Bein and True (no info as to how many channels as yet) and adding 4 hd sports channels from Vietnam.

This supplements the Astro (Malaysia), Sky Sports, BT, and Setanta Ireland already available. Also has French/German/Italian...and even Russian sports channels. Looks like I'm well covered for next seasonbiggrin.png

Mine's got NBCSN on it too, which is always good for a 3pm kick off.

• 2 weeks later...

CTH latest

CTH REPORTEDLY PULLS OUT OF RACE WITH TRUEVISIONS

The source told The Nation on condition of anonymity that CTH, the countrys second-largest pay-TV operator, failed to reach a sub-licence agreement with BeIN Sports to continue live broadcasts in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos of the top-rated English soccer league for the coming seasons.

http://www.lettersfromthailand.com/cth-reportedly-pulls-out-of-race-with-truevisions.html

Have a look at the Lynette coverage on Myanmar satellite, I have had it for three months many sports channels, was watching the league play offs life last weekend, the ?Euro 2026 are on board also

CTH latest

CTH REPORTEDLY PULLS OUT OF RACE WITH TRUEVISIONS

The source told The Nation on condition of anonymity that CTH, the countrys second-largest pay-TV operator, failed to reach a sub-licence agreement with BeIN Sports to continue live broadcasts in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos of the top-rated English soccer league for the coming seasons.

http://www.lettersfromthailand.com/cth-reportedly-pulls-out-of-race-with-truevisions.html

That's a relief!

Only Scudamore would be daft enough to strike a deal with half - sunken ship CTH. Qataris negotiating with the only show in town and they are Thai. Anything can happen. Perhaps squaddie no 1 will invoke section 44!

That was 88 posts read, and my takeaway is a lot of maybe's, some "thought to be's", and a few hopeful's.

Not one real new confirmation about who actually will broadcast EPL on tv, next season in Thailand.

That was 88 posts read, and my takeaway is a lot of maybe's, some "thought to be's", and a few hopeful's.

Not one real new confirmation about who actually will broadcast EPL on tv, next season in Thailand.

Yep. Normal for Thailand. No-one has a clue what is going on.

Archived