EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was 88 posts read, and my takeaway is a lot of maybe's, some "thought to be's", and a few hopeful's.

Not one real new confirmation about who actually will broadcast EPL on tv, next season in Thailand.

Yep. Normal for Thailand. No-one has a clue what is going on.

Its only 8-9 weeks until season starts, right?

Still it is not clear who will broadcast the matches!!

Please let True get it...please please!

Let's hope not.

That would mean double the price. sad.png

Not to mention the return of that geeky guy with thick-rimmed specs and his irritating "big important announcements" frequently intruding on the start of live news and discussion programmes from the UK!crazy.gif

That was 88 posts read, and my takeaway is a lot of maybe's, some "thought to be's", and a few hopeful's.

Not one real new confirmation about who actually will broadcast EPL on tv, next season in Thailand.

Yep. Normal for Thailand. No-one has a clue what is going on.

Its only 8-9 weeks until season starts, right?

Still it is not clear who will broadcast the matches!!

All being well we should know for certain by May 2019!biggrin.png

Please let True get it...please please!

Let's hope not.

That would mean double the price. sad.png

Not to mention the return of that geeky guy with thick-rimmed specs and his irritating "big important announcements" frequently intruding on the start of live news and discussion programmes from the UK!crazy.gif

At least all the games will be on!

• 2 weeks later...

Conjecture?

Source?

Nothing I can find on a couple of minutes search of news/business sources

I don't disagree with a contention that CTH will not be showing Prem. Hang on ... TIT, anything can happen

I called True and they said they currently don't have the right for the Premier League.

I am sure I am not the only one who can see this turning in to a total mess for which ever provider gets the rights a week or two before the season starts

Has it occurred to you that it is because no one has a clue what is happening yet.

Has it occurred to you that it is because no one has a clue what is happening yet.

So my post didn't tell you the simple fact that it indeed had occurred to me?

It did for other.

An announcement on CTH today that their satellite service will end on 1st August 2016. Compensation details will be available on their website from 15th June.

Compensation details will be forthcoming.....good luck with that. What a hopeless bunch.

An announcement on CTH today that their satellite service will end on 1st August 2016. Compensation details will be available on their website from 15th June.

The CTH on-screen scrolling announcement specifically refers to the plug being pulled on the service provided in the KU Band via the Thaicom transponder. Not necessarily sure whether those of us who access CTH through blue dishes pointed at the Vinasat 2 satellite hovering over Vietnam will also find our TV screens going blank on 1st August. There is another thread currently running on this topic on IT forum at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/925121-cth-terminating-ku-service/?p=10863389, on which I have just posted seeking clarification on this crucial point from people in the know.

Not strictly related, but for Thai friends....

talkSPORT brings official English Premier League commentary to Thailand
Wednesday 25 May, 2016
talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station has reached agreement with Chang Siam Group to bring official, live English Premier League audio commentary to fans in Thailand for the next three football seasons, starting with 2016/17.
For the first time, football fans in Thailand will be able to listen to official, live EPL commentary in Thai.
As global audio partner of the Barclays Premier League (English Premier League from 2016), talkSPORT controls an exclusive package of international audio rights until 2019, allowing the station to broadcast official live commentary of all 380 Premier League matches in any language to listeners around the world, outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Chang Siam Group was started 12 years ago by husband and wife team Mark and Chanichar Bond. It also runs Sport Plus radio.
Scott Taunton, Chief Operating Officer of talkSPORT, said: “We’re really excited to bring the passion and excitement of the English Premier League to Thai fans from next season, through this multi-platform partnership with Chang Siam Group. Radio has a unique ability to convey all the live drama of a 90-minute football match, and listeners in Thailand can finally experience this via talkSPORT’s unique commentary and expert insight.”
Chanichar Bond, CEO of Chang Siam Group said: “We are delighted to enter into this agreement with talkSPORT, especially after Leicester City’s astonishing success. As a Thai person, to be able to play a part in bringing the excitement of the official English Premier league in English AND Thai to the whole of the Thai Nation for the first time is a very proud moment for me.”

I have contacted Bein and here is there reply. looks like they do not have TV rights for EPL in Thailand.

Dear Sender:
Greetings from beIN Channel,
Regarding to your request, kindly note our broadcasting rights is only restricted to the Middle East and North Africa.
Best Regards
firstname: Mercer
lastname: William
email: [email protected]
I live in Thailand and believe you have the television broadcast rights for Barclay's Premier League for 2016 to 2019 for this region. Can you tell me which, if any local service you will be using to show live football here in Thailand

I have contacted Bein and here is there reply. looks like they do not have TV rights for EPL in Thailand.

Dear Sender:
Greetings from beIN Channel,
Regarding to your request, kindly note our broadcasting rights is only restricted to the Middle East and North Africa.
Best Regards
firstname: Mercer

lastname: William

email: [email protected]

I live in Thailand and believe you have the television broadcast rights for Barclay's Premier League for 2016 to 2019 for this region. Can you tell me which, if any local service you will be using to show live football here in Thailand

Probably some half asleep Qatari jobsworth there to keep up their "Qatarisation' quota and isn't really doing any work because it's Ramadhan.

Archived