Pai: British rape victim speaks up about ordeal

webfact

I have worked on hundreds of rape cases in court in australia. The majority that dont continue to trial are because the actual standard of proof to convict is very high and if it is only a he says/she says then any guilty verdict is considered unsafe and will be overturned on appeal. That is for nearly every case that does not succeed.

The amount of false claims being thrown out is miniscule.

However, this guy admitted it. So I would be happy to hear why someone thinks he didnt do it. Surely you have evidence to back up the reasoning.

On second thoughts, dont bother.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way it's fair to say that foreign white tourists don't get treated well in the courts. If a Thai gets done for rape they make the victim have to come back to Thailand multiple times and be put through legal hell . Usually the rapist gets out of jail quickly as a result.

Whereas the one false rape claim I can think of involving those two danes.. they were portrayed in the Thai press as criminals and stuck in Thailand for months.

The most significant aspect of that case was there was a cctv camera that actually worked.

A question to you. I guess this is the same for the Koh Tao couple, right?

I can't find any reason to think Hannah and the guy did anything to bring trouble on themselves.

But let's try comparing like with like,

That Australian woman (Stevie Bamford) claiming to be raped by a tuktuk driver (2012), big story on TV, police found a video proving false claim.

Scots student in Nakon Si Thamarat claiming to be gang raped, witness said no attack took place.

Drunk Dutch girl in Cm claiming to be raped by 3 men, evidence suggested no attack but consensual.

The woman in CM claiming to be raped in a guesthouse while another couple were in the room having sex, other couple said consensual.

The British barman in Cambodia accused of raping a British tourist, his boss found CCTV footage of them holding hands and kissing before and after the alleged rape took place.

So there really is a long history of false allegations of rape being made by young foreign tourists every year.

Which sort of makes a few of us TV readers a bit skeptical when another one with a bit of an iffy story gets published.

Yeah, the hang em high, men are evil, women are angels brigade are out in force each time.

But it isn't evidence, and excuse me if I wait until the judge convicts before I scream for them to cut his balls off!

PS

You do understand in the UK, 7 out of 8 rape accusations never reach court.

50% because they are considered outright as false by the police.

You really hate women don't you?

Explains why you're comfortable in the company of subservient, unquestioning types.

Either way it's fair to say that foreign white tourists don't get treated well in the courts. If a Thai gets done for rape they make the victim have to come back to Thailand multiple times and be put through legal hell . Usually the rapist gets out of jail quickly as a result.

Whereas the one false rape claim I can think of involving those two danes.. they were portrayed in the Thai press as criminals and stuck in Thailand for months.

The most significant aspect of that case was there was a cctv camera that actually worked.

How do you think the Thai police get so many instantaneous confessions?

Explains why you're comfortable in the company of subservient, unquestioning types.

How many of these similar threads have you shouted "hang em high" in?

A brief look shows almost all of them.

How many times was there CCTV evidence later disclosed that unequivocally showed a false claim?

All of them.

Anyway, you're now on ignore, your posts really aren't worth reading.

Some people never learn from their past mistakes.

And you can't seem to make reasoned or sensible replies on these topics.

Lets hope in this particular case it was by beating 7 bells of s..t out of him.

A fate that would be far too good for certain jai dam posters on this forum.

In my opinion.

Are you aware that those misogynists who treat their children like robotic slaves are statistically much more likely to be in the 30% of paedophile's who rape their own kids and thus have an agenda for defending rapists?

Or could a statement like that be interpreted as an insensitive implication?

Anyway, I am not going to post any more on this subject.

Dear young lady who was attacked, thank you for coming forward and so sorry that you have been subjected to the disgusting comments and unsubstantiated allegations that certain cretins have continued to put forward on this forum. I think it is obvious that the majority of people here do support you and cannot stand idly by and watch the TV "armchair generals" spout their malicious bile.

It certainly only too clearly demonstrates why so many women are put off reporting rape; but we can only hope that every woman who has your courage will help to obtain much fairer treatment for the many unfortunates who will be raped in Thailand every year.

miKT

In my opinion.

Are you aware that those misogynists who treat their children like robotic slaves are statistically much more likely to be in the 30% of paedophile's who rape their own kids and thus have an agenda for defending rapists?

Dear young lady who was attacked, thank you for coming forward and so sorry that you have been subjected to the disgusting comments and unsubstantiated allegations that certain cretins have continued to put forward on this forum. I think it is obvious that the majority of people here do support you and cannot stand idly by and watch the TV "armchair generals" spout their malicious bile.

It certainly only too clearly demonstrates why so many women are put off reporting rape; but we can only hope that every woman who has your courage will help to obtain much fairer treatment for the many unfortunates who will be raped in Thailand every year.

miKT

It would be incredibly dumb of you to post a statement like this unless you have some evidence to support it.

If you have evidence, please post.

If you can't, then it's an unsubstantiated accusation.

In my opinion.

miKT

It would be incredibly dumb of you to post a statement like this unless you have some evidence to support it.

If you have evidence, please post.

If you can't, then it's an unsubstantiated accusation.

Last one.

No, it can't be an accusation since it was not written about any particular person (unless somebody would like to fess-up and confess to being one of the 30% of paedo's who rape their own kids - check for yourself) but it was an intentionally insensitive implication that those rape defenders it was aimed at might understand and get the point about INSENSITIVE IMPLICATIONS. Seems to be nothing on this particular forum to prevent any kind of sh,t being bandied about.

How many of these similar threads have you shouted "hang em high" in?

A brief look shows almost all of them.

How many times was there CCTV evidence later disclosed that unequivocally showed a false claim?

All of them.

Anyway, you're now on ignore, your posts really aren't worth reading.

Some people never learn from their past mistakes.

And you can't seem to make reasoned or sensible replies on these topics.

So I nailed that one then.

Archived