Two Thai Men Attacked by Four Drunk Tourists

webfact

Hang the punks high. Could it possibly be that some of the Thai's attitudes toward us derives from morons like these?

Most probably. Is this what they do at home when they go on a drunk? Again probably, as many western countries barely

issue slaps on the wrists. They were damaging this person's livelihood and property not to mention assaulting him. If this happened

in North America these idiots, if caught inside the premises, there is every chance they would have been gunned down or at least got several years in prison. So whatever the Thais do to them will be light by comparison. I look forward to stern sentencing then perhaps the next group of drunk morons will think twice.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never get the Thai sense of justice consisting in publicly shaming suspects before they're even judged.

After the incident was reported to the police, the four foreigners were identified as 22-year-old ****** from Sweden, 24-year-old ********** from Canada, and two Dutch 18-year-old men,

If they were Thais, they would still be "teenagers", and not yet responsible for their actions

The real train of events.

Four drunken foreigner tourists broke into a store for a laugh. The store owner appeared on the scene and the tourists made a run for it being closely pursued by the store owner. As usual the Thai man called for reinforcements to beat the crap out the tourists, but were overpowered and the tourists turned the tables on them.

Making things up as you go along does you no favours,just shows your preduduce.A Thai man was passing by and decided to help,even though he was out nubered.If it was 4 Thais on to 1farang people on this forum would call to keep your nose out of it,might get hurt.Well done,the Thai good Samaritan.

Still, they were wrong. Drunk and break in. The Thai only defended his livelihood. Quality tourists making other farangs look bad.

I'd say it was breaking-and-entering, theft, assault....these scumbags should get a few years in the slammer, deported, and blacklisted. Hope they don't get to pay their way out of it.

OMG, have you never done something silly whilst young and drunk. A few years in a Thai jail is a serious penalty.

If they

"beaten" up persons would rather get some money and drop charges why the hell should you care.

Some farang love putting down their own kind as they sit on a barstool with Noi stroking their poong just to justify their own inadequacies.

he who cast the first stone and all that.

And after Noi and me have a quality conversation upstairs for an hour i go home. I don't break into shops and fight with the owner.Even though i might be a bit drunk i have respect for peoples livelyhood and the people i live amongst.

most likely the 4 youths entered the open store, trying to buy alkohol. then the owner chased them away by shouting at them, then he followed them and they felt being attacked and reacted in selfdefense. with drunken thais such things happen 100 times every night. btw, the 2 thais dont look at all like being beaten up, they look more like kickboxers. each one of them would have knocked unconsious all 4 within seconds, if the really attacked him.

5555,they felt attacked by ONE 52 year old man.

Same old, same old, just another scam to shake some money out of the farangs pockets. The damage is probably some improvised door/gate worth a few 100 baht but they will squeeze 50k out of each of them(putting the fear of a visit to Bang Kwang can do that to tourists). The shop owner will get 10k at the most and the rest will be divided under the cops in question. 555. Welcome to the Machine

who wrote this crap, vicious not a mark on them looking for a big pay out, i thinks asr*hol*s

50,000 each should be enough for them to have to go home, if they actually avoid deportation. I think there is even extra penalties for doing burglary at night. Tresspassing is a fairly serious offense, and while 52 isn't old, that would also be an aggravating circumstance in a Thai court. If they haven't settled it all by now, they are already in very deep. Having a beard and dressing "impolitely" while committing crimes will also work against them.

From my perspective as a permanent resident for 25 years and owner of several hotel resorts. This commentator has made an exactly perfect analysis of the situation and there's nothing more to be said.

If the young lads haven't cleared it up by now, they're just getting in deeper and deeper.

If any of the peanut gallery has any other comment, they should leave Thailand immediately.

Cheers

Really......................2 sets of laws, falong refuses to buy a watch, gets a major beat down & stabbed, what did the Thai get...........500b fine, give me a break..............Your Right...maybe it is time to leave

why do you want to apply some other unrelated incident to this incident and somehow try to imply that the farang should be let off easier all because in some other unrelated incident a farang got stabbed by a thai and he was let off relatively lightly?

You remind me of those farang in the US who whine endlessly over some self perceived media bias of them yes farang over blacks and always try to create some imagined scenerio where they would be getting the short end of the stick and hence the farang in the present circumstances should be let off easier.

As much as we all like to berate the Thais for their behavior in fairness we should really be on their side in this one.

These kids are animals and think that they are untouchable.

Do not lose sight of the fact that they broke into a private place and then did whatever they felt like doing.

In their own country the police would have been all over them and then some. This is home invasion and is unacceptable anywhere in the world. A person should be able to go to sleep in their own place without worrying about morons like these.

Just imagine if they did that in the US....they got off lightly.

Still, they were wrong. Drunk and break in. The Thai only defended his livelihood. Quality tourists making other farangs look bad.

I'd say it was breaking-and-entering, theft, assault....these scumbags should get a few years in the slammer, deported, and blacklisted. Hope they don't get to pay their way out of it.

OMG, have you never done something silly whilst young and drunk. A few years in a Thai jail is a serious penalty.

If they

"beaten" up persons would rather get some money and drop charges why the hell should you care.

Some farang love putting down their own kind as they sit on a barstool with Noi stroking their poong just to justify their own inadequacies.

he who cast the first stone and all that.

Everyone does something stupid when theyre young but why is it often yanks/brits/aussies/russians who often cross the line into violence?

Everyone does something stupid when theyre young but why is it often yanks/brits/aussies/russians who often cross the line into violence?

Considering it was a Swede, a Canadian and two Dutch perpetrators in this case, why would you ask this question here?

wrong is wrong. breaking the law in ANY country. Shame on these foreigners. Banned from Thailand for life, fined, arrested, jailed, etc....i have no sympathy.

you certainly wouldn't want them in your city. these idiots are idiots anywhere....and they WILL make all foreigners look bad in CM....

AND if it was 4 thais beating up 1 foreigner.....well, i don't know their laws.....i can only hope for my idea of justice.

saying "they don't look beaten up" isn't a remark taken seriously.......i am sure you don't say "she doesn't look raped."

who wrote this crap, vicious not a mark on them looking for a big pay out, i thinks asr*hol*s

50,000 each should be enough for them to have to go home, if they actually avoid deportation. I think there is even extra penalties for doing burglary at night. Tresspassing is a fairly serious offense, and while 52 isn't old, that would also be an aggravating circumstance in a Thai court. If they haven't settled it all by now, they are already in very deep. Having a beard and dressing "impolitely" while committing crimes will also work against them.

From my perspective as a permanent resident for 25 years and owner of several hotel resorts. This commentator has made an exactly perfect analysis of the situation and there's nothing more to be said.

If the young lads haven't cleared it up by now, they're just getting in deeper and deeper.

If any of the peanut gallery has any other comment, they should leave Thailand immediately.

Cheers

Really......................2 sets of laws, falong refuses to buy a watch, gets a major beat down & stabbed, what did the Thai get...........500b fine, give me a break..............Your Right...maybe it is time to leave

Where did you, and all the other bashers saying the same old b ollocks, get that gem about the 500 baht fine, give us a break and post the link.

Archived