Have you studied Buddhism & applied it in your daily life?

fang37

As for trashing Christianity because you have done some medical studies well, that's nonsense really. Did you know there are over 2 billion Chrisitans in the world (and growing apparently) and many will be doctors far more advanced in medical knowledge then yourself i am sure.

No, it's not trashing and also nothing to do with medical knowledge.

It was logic that debunked Christianity or any almighty God belief. When I understand enough logic not to believe in such religions, I have not studied any science yet. Of course, if I have heard about evolution earlier, I will not even need to study Christianity.

Life is simple. If people would simply study and live by the 5th., thru the 10th. Commandments, then there'd be no need for any form of religious opiates. John Lennon/Soko Ono's song "Imagine" comes to mind.

I understand your position.

The landscape can certainly reinforce your experience.

During my journey with awareness I'm concluding that we are all slaves to our conditioning.

Very few of us exercise our freedom to choose, but rather follow a path of least resistance, our conditioning.

Conditioning put there by others during our infancy.

That why I cut slack for offenders.

Very few of us escape.

As a 73 year old I recommend practicing to change things habitual.

If you can succeed you can also succeed in a quest towards deepening Awareness.

Good luck.

Buddha walked out and left his wife and kids, not something to apply in your life sad.png

I hope you read more before you comment.

This is called "sacrifice". If Jesus can sacrificed his own life, what is leaving wife and kid(not kids) ?

And he did it without going against the wish of anyone, and no consequences of violence or wars.

The father, wife and son never hated him or feel sad for his doing so.

In fact, they are benefited and even followed his teachings.

• 1 month later...

Meditation and listening to chants helps me relax

Progressive body muscle relaxation

Hypnotism relax videos on YouTube are my latest techniques.

I want to float over my body, experience out of body relaxation

Visit my memories and understand my subconscious mind

I want to be able to snap my fingers and put my whole body and mind into a relaxed state.

I have had anxiety problems for years and practicing Bhuddist meditation has helped me so much.

Yes, unfortunately many people could not benefits from Buddhism meditation because they either did it wrongly or without understanding the basics of Buddhism knowledge. They failed to realise that Buddhism is not a religion that anyone can practise just by following blindly without understanding.

FYI ~ None of the world's current organized religions began as a religion, but as a lifestyle ideology for living as a spiritually conscious, and mentally evolving human being. As usual, people couldn't keep it simple, by following the universal laws of human behavior. They always find a way to complicate, even the most basic tenants of life. Deitifying, bowing down to, and praying to the graven image of a man who died 2559 years ago, is a religion.

Now, are you further stating that the vast majority of Burmese, Thais, Laosians, Cambodians, Vietnamese, etc., are not "factually" practicing Buddhists, but are actually "following blindly, without understanding"? If your answer is to the affirmative, then I definitely agree with you, and especially with regards to the Theravadiic notion of Buddhism, the National "religion" of every SE Asian country fore-mentioned. The Majority opinion rules, even in Nepal. Buddhism (today) is nothing more, than just another organized religion. Period!

If all the religions really started as a lifestyle is not so bad, but considering those religious claims that are illogical or debunked by science, I think they started as a scam, not lifestyle.

^ could it be about the finding good in evil, positives in negatives and calmness in chaos as opposed to a scientific doctrine which is fine until its proved wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^ could it be about the finding good in evil, positives in negatives and calmness in chaos as opposed to a scientific doctrine which is fine until its proved wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think so. Buddhism teach people to avoid evil, there is no goodness in evil. Buddhism don't mention about science(scientific discoveries came about much later), definitely no conflicts or opposing situation with science(unlike Abrahamic religions). In fact, Buddhism and science are coherent and compatible. Action and karma, energy and rebirth are examples.

• 2 months later...

Religions are started by men and built up around a person, usually the founder, and tend to get lost as time goes on. All the religion's founders were not intending to start religions but just point out the truths they had uncovered, but people make the mistake of looking at the finger and following it down and then worshipping the founder instead of looking at where the finger is pointing.

Then the 'priests' make rules to give them power, rule by fear of future rewards or punishments, and then actually hide the real teachings from people, create lots of meaningless rituals and build statues of deities for people to worship.

Buddha didn't want to start a religion or have images made which he knew the ignorant would just worship and pray to. We can ignore all the rituals and images of him and respected monks and just study the teachings and then practice them. Those who understand will pay respect to images of the great teacher without asking for favours or miracles which go against the workings of karma.

Follow the Dhamma and there is no need to be a Buddhist.

Archived