Cable TV in Phuket

chercheur888

I have Rawai Cable and no more digital signal since yesterday. Called Rawai Cable today and they told me that Phuket has no more Cable TV as BKK has cut the signal for Phuket. Seems the only alternative is Satellite, which sucks. Long time ago I had True and every time when it rained or it was windy the signal was cut, and when their "Technicians" came they said its because of the trees that were 100 meters away from the house.thumbsup.gif

I would like to avoid satellite after my experiences with True, any suggestions?

Thank you

I find that hard to believe. We have Karon Cable which is supplied by Phuket Cable Tv and as of right now we have TV service. Mind you we are on Analogue (as far as I know). But it's quite a good range, so why not ask Rawai Tv about that service.

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is the digital channels that are gone.

Yes the analogue is working, but as the switch all the time from Astro Sport 3 to Astro Sport 4, which is rubbish unless your are a badminton fan. Not much football or many sports events coverage any more.

I am in Patong and for the last 3 days our cable reception has been crap-very wavy screen and bad resolution.The owner of guest house says it's the cable provider's fault,but I am paying 150 baht p/m for this service?Any one else having the same problem and how do we fix it.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Farang99 said:

Any recent experience with PulseTV ?- their channel range looks really good!  *%$* I've just realised it's yet another internet system NOT CABLE

I have PulseTV since the end of July and I am reasonable happy with it. Since I recently changed my Internet package to a bigger download, it is fine. 92% happy but with their online chat, when a problem occurs its usually fixed within 10-15 minutes 24/7

1 hour ago, Farang99 said:

Any recent experience with PulseTV ?- their channel range looks really good!  *%$* I've just realised it's yet another internet system NOT CABLE

I've had Pulse TV since August this year, and am very happy with it.   Key to it being successful is your ISP.   When I first got it, I was using True, however there was a succession of problems, all of which were attributable to True's service (or lack of).

On the recommendation of Pulse, I changed to AIS Fibre, and what a difference that has made.   I have the 50Mb down/10Mb up package, and whilst the download is consistently on spec, upload typically hovers around 2Mb.   Installing AIS Fibre also gave me the full range of Thai channels for free as a bonus.

Pulse, because the programming are distributed from their BKK servers, in theory only needs a download speed minimum of 3Mb, though the more you have the better.   I also like the ability to watch programmes up to 24 hours after their original airing.

Pulse on-line 'chat' service support is also very good.

The other thing with Pulse is that you can have it on up to 4 different devices.   I have it via a set top box to a large LED TV, it's on my desktop computer in my office, and it's on my smartphone.   Can't think of what to put the 4th option on.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, solentstu said:

Thinking of buying pulse tv, have 3b 30mb that should be fine right?

Yup, you should be fine with that.   Pulse say a minimum of 3Mb is ok, but my experience whilst having True is that it wasn't.   I've now got AIS 50/10 which is cheaper than I was paying for True, and a million miles better in terms of service.   The range of programmes with Pulse is excellent, with all of the UK channels (including the full suite of Sky channels), plus German, French and Thai channels at what works out to be 830 baht/month.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, pagallim said:

Yup, you should be fine with that.   Pulse say a minimum of 3Mb is ok, but my experience whilst having True is that it wasn't.   I've now got AIS 50/10 which is cheaper than I was paying for True, and a million miles better in terms of service.   The range of programmes with Pulse is excellent, with all of the UK channels (including the full suite of Sky channels), plus German, French and Thai channels at what works out to be 830 baht/month.

What's available other than European channels?

US documentaries, News (not Trump channel!), shows like NCIS, Blacklist, etc. ? 

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

What's available other than European channels?

US documentaries, News (not Trump channel!), shows like NCIS, Blacklist, etc. ? 

OK, US news channels include ABC, CNN, Fox and Bloomberg.   I mainly download US shows, however Sky Atlantic shows all US shows.   As an example, just looking at today's programmes, there's Without a Trace, Blue Bloods, The British, The West Wing, House, Quarry, Manhunt, and currently on air, The Wire.

There are also videos you can play, including TV series.   Again, just a quick look at the menu choice, I'm seeing Better Call Saul, Billions, Breaking Bad, Eastbound and Down, Fargo, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Humans, Luther, Making a Murderer, Mr Robot, Narcos, Suits, Blacklist, Walking Dead, Westworld etc etc.

Archived