Police slap Facebook ranter with Computer Crimes Act

rooster59

Talk about abuse of power. This is a small issue that a good telling off can resolve, throwing this charge at her is so over the top its laughable.

Perhaps the police in question should be out doing his duties, enforcing the law and catching real criminals then wasting time publicising something like this.

I feel sorry for the girl, ok she should not have done what she did perhaps but I have never heard of such laughable policing.

Only in Thailand...

little upstart, who does she think she is, lucky she did not get a fine, well done the cop,i see it every day in bangkok, they just put the hazards, get out of the vehicle, and totally block off one lane of traffic, what a frigging idiot, " i am totally in the wrong but i wish to complain".

The police man did not do his job. He should fined herthumbsup.gif

I have to agree with jacko45k!

This lady, just like almost all drivers and cyclist, have zero respect for road rules and traffic signs.

In this instance, the copper was using his discretionary power (and choose not to issue a ticket). This incident will probably make him think twice before letting someone off with a warning next time!

As for the young lady, she should become a TV contributor if she wants to bad mouth the cops in future.

“In the video, she claims that police do not fulfill their duties well, but in fact police did nothing wrong to her,” Krabi City Police Superintendent Sompong Thipa-arpakul said. “This kind of slander can destroy our reputation.”

Is this guy attempting to be the Thai version of George Carlin? He could take that act on the road. What reputation is he referring to? Wait a minute. Will I be arrested for saying that?

What a clown. Does he really take himself seriously? Very few people in Thailand, and only a few people outside Thailand take the RCD (revenue collection department) seriously. They are not law enforcement. They are revenue collection. For him to go after someone like this shows how terribly insecure and feeble they really are. They know who they are. They just won't admit it.

“This kind of slander can destroy our reputation.” cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

No, just the weekly antics of the RTP takes care of that itself.......

RTP should ban the BK Post for just about every article is about police being re-positioned or public officials caught taking bribes, ect ect ect.

However uigher bombs are not terrorism and the BK Post does not destroy the police repitation, not to mention people trafficking.

for me two things emerge from this;

first, when the police generally do not uphold the law, people who are quite reasonably required to follow it believe they are being unfairly picked on.

second, the outrageous overreaction to a whinging unimportant Facebook post is symptomatic of the apparent need of the "authorities" both police and military to control every aspect of dissent and stamp down on ordinary people - what are they afraid of? This girl is surely not going to amass a following and lead a counter coup!

No, but she might give the impression that people can express their opinions in public by using social media. That cannot possibly be allowed. What, a degree of freedom of speech? Never.

Its going to be really hard to force that particular genie back into the bottle! Just about the only act that has caused any resistance is the threat to curtail social media through a single gateway.

I just sent this article to three other countries to show what not to do if they ever come to Thailand. In 10 minutes i got 250 responses that they can not believe these actions and they will forward this article to there friends and relatives all over the world. If computer crimes act is what the government wants that is okay. But what is next?

How is

people are sick of scumbags parking their cars wherever they want. and police actions were totally justified. sue he for defamation. it will be a good lesson for those who think they can rant Thai authorities anonymously.

How is it justified ?

Why can't a citizen say their opinion in public ?

It's really abusing the social contract here.... You get a gun, a badge, and the power to lock people up.

It's not enough to tell someone what to do , now they have to like it as well ?

It just looks petty. The lion really shouldn't care what the deer thinks.

This is nothing.

Wait til the single gateway is introduced.

Mind you there will not be enough internet speed to connect to anything then.

So no worries

The single gateway is right up there with getting rid of all the foreign English teachers. Ideas promulgated by men with inferior intellects, and lives lead with a staggering level of fear and insecurity, and a devastating lack of positive solutions.

Causing a loss of face to people in a higher social standing is the crime. Everyone knows the police are not great, mostly corrupt and rarely do their jobs you just arent meant to talk about it, you must be a quiet smily thai and go about your day and accept things the way they are!

The Royal Thai Police really missed an opportunity here. They could have said how illegal it is to double park in front of a market and talked of the dangers involved, and that the girl deserved the fine. 90% of Thai folks would agree with that. But no.... They completely miss that and try to win a pissing contest further reducing the respect people have for them. Pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

The Royal Thai Police really missed an opportunity here. They could have said how illegal it is to double park in front of a market and talked of the dangers involved, and that the girl deserved the fine. 90% of Thai folks would agree with that. But no.... They completely miss that and try to win a pissing contest further reducing the respect people have for them. Pathetic.

Yeap. Petulant, whiny children in uniform - and in dire need of a good old-fashioned spanking. That said, I'm sure it's nothing that doesn't earn praise from the new Chinese masters. Too sad for words.

Archived