Half Thais know they have diabetes

rooster59

When I first started visiting Thailand,almost 20 years ago, it was very rare to see an obese or even over weight Thai person.

I remember when seeing a large person from a block away in Bangkok and thinking...it must be a farang...and was ususlly correct.

Now, obesity, especially with young children in school is pretty common.

I wonder if the westernization of the diet ( Pepsi, Mc Donalds, KFC, Chips ( chrisps ) , french fries, pizza and the like has caused this ?

attachicon.gifobesityseven.jpg

Most Thai are obese from eating to much sugar and rice as they have more money

Western food to expensive for these poor people In Western Food Restaurants in Thailand they tend to weigh less and are richer than the ones eating the junk on the street

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first started visiting Thailand,almost 20 years ago, it was very rare to see an obese or even over weight Thai person.

I remember when seeing a large person from a block away in Bangkok and thinking...it must be a farang...and was ususlly correct.

I wonder if the westernization of the diet ( Pepsi, Mc Donalds, KFC, Chips ( chrisps ) , french fries, pizza and the like has caused this ?

Western food to expensive for these poor people In Western Food Restaurants in Thailand they tend to weigh less and are richer than the ones eating the junk on the street

We are designed to consume 1/2 teaspoon of sugar per day, yet we are eating 70x that. 128lbs per person per year. This is nutritional suicide. When you go to the villages you still see slim Thais because they are eating the protective foods. The bitter greens. In the western diet, these protective foods have largely been eliminated. Disease is guaranteed.

It's sugar stupid! The coca-colonisation of the population. Too many sugary drinks (try buying sugar free sodas), too much sugar used in cooking, sugar in bread, etcetc.

No. 'Sugar-free' sodas have aspartame or fructose corn syrup. The rise in diabetes and epidemic of obesity follows the introduction of these toxic chemicals. Now difficult to avoid them.

Easy to,avoid them, do not drink the crap.

Archived