BANGKOK 22 July 2019 18:37
ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, jackdd said:

Out of the last 12 months i spent more than 11 months on METVs in Thailand. Recently entered at CNX after a three day trip out of the country to activate a new entry. No problems, no questions asked by the IO.

How old are you? The reason why I ask is that at times many younger people are singled out for visa violations or suspicion  

Edited by riclag

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, riclag said:

How old are you! The reason why I ask is that at times many younger people are singled out for visa violations or suspicion  

In my thirties, German passport

Edited by jackdd

Just now, jackdd said:

In my thirties, German passport

Thanks

On 5/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, jackdd said:

Out of the last 12 months i spent more than 11 months on METVs in Thailand. Recently entered at CNX after a three day trip out of the country to activate a new entry. No problems, no questions asked by the IO.

Why would they make a problem if you had a valid visa?

When applying for the metv do i need to state number of entries needed, or is it unlimited entries?

10 minutes ago, fhickson said:

Why would they make a problem if you had a valid visa?

When applying for the metv do i need to state number of entries needed, or is it unlimited entries?

The airports at Bangkok sometimes give people with valid visas issues if they have a long stay history.

No need to state the number of entries, it's unlimited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Immigration at some entry-points have decided the laws concerning Tourist Visas are wrong - don't like the fact that you can stay repeatedly on Tourist-type entries - so they break the law they are supposed to be enforcing.

Where does it say ‘in law’ that you can stay repeatedly on “Tourist-type entries”?

Which ‘law’ are they breaking by denying entry?

You’re making more false claims and misinforming people you’re presumably trying to help!

Where in Thai law does it say that it's forbidden to stay repeatedly on "tourist-type entries"?

I didn’t say it does. I’m not the one opining on the opinions of IO’s policing the borders and claiming non-existent laws are being broken.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, elviajero said:

I didn’t say it does. I’m not the one opining on the opinions of IO’s policing the borders and claiming non-existent laws are being broken. 

Nobody says non-existent laws are broken. IOs tell people one reason for denial and stamp another one in their passport, which shows that they are denying them arbitrarily, but there is now law which allows them to do this. So if they deny people in such a way, the IOs are abusing their official power, are detaining them illegally, are causing damage to them, and are probably breaking several other laws.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

Any news about problems with 30 day Extension for METV at Chaeng Watthana? I got a couple of weeks left before the "valid until" date and would want to do a land border visa run then, instead of now. 

Do they require any more info than before? Hotel bookings, flight information, 20k thb etc or still smooth (but slow)?

Couldn't see anything about it for the last few pages in this thread. If it has a separate thread, I'd be very happy if someone pointed me in the right direction. 

59 minutes ago, cbd1 said:

Any news about problems with 30 day Extension for METV at Chaeng Watthana? I got a couple of weeks left before the "valid until" date and would want to do a land border visa run then, instead of now. 

Do they require any more info than before? Hotel bookings, flight information, 20k thb etc or still smooth (but slow)?

Couldn't see anything about it for the last few pages in this thread. If it has a separate thread, I'd be very happy if someone pointed me in the right direction. 

You can usually extend any tourist entry for 30 days at an immigration office on payment of 1,900 baht. The METV does not create an exception to that rule. In theory, the granting of extensions is at the discretion of the officials, but tourist entry extensions are very rarely refused, and I have never seen a report of as denial from Chaeng Watthana.

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You can usually extend any tourist entry for 30 days at an immigration office on payment of 1,900 baht. The METV does not create an exception to that rule. In theory, the granting of extensions is at the discretion of the officials, but tourist entry extensions are very rarely refused, and I have never seen a report of as denial from Chaeng Watthana.

I'm just reading all of these suddenly enforced requirements of documentation for people arriving by air and was a bit paranoid the last time I landed at BKK. But no one asked for anything. 

Previously, Chaeng Watthana has only asked for a form, pictures, fees and passport. Have your or anyone else read any report about needing further documentation (TM30, hotel booking receipt, return flight confirmation, etc)?

19 minutes ago, cbd1 said:

Previously, Chaeng Watthana has only asked for a form, pictures, fees and passport. Have your or anyone else read any report about needing further documentation (TM30, hotel booking receipt, return flight confirmation, etc)?

Based on recent reports, if you are not staying in a hotel, a TM30 might be necessary. None of the other items is needed.