BANGKOK 18 August 2019 00:51
ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

What if you tell them you're retired so unable to provide either of these?  Retired folk can be regular tourists too.
That doesn't help though, some offices are more flexible than others. I've read that some offices will just except the bank statement

10 hours ago, Travello01 said:

I've been calling them since they claim to have opened for the day, but nobody is picking up.

METV's are issued by Consulates and Embassies in your home country. Are you phoning Thai Immigration? If so, you are wasting your time. You need to phone the consulate or embassy you intend to get the visa from.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
21 hours ago, treetops said:
What if you tell them you're retired so unable to provide either of these?  Retired folk can be regular tourists too.

That doesn't help though, some offices are more flexible than others. I've read that some offices will just except the bank statement

If the reply is along the lines of retired folk don't need to provide these documents then it'll help considerably IMO.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, treetops said:
On 7/4/2019 at 9:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 7/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, treetops said:

If the reply is along the lines of retired folk don't need to provide these documents then it'll help considerably IMO.

It varies by consulate - but I would bet most would accept proof of a pension in lieu of a job.  Others would accept proof of plenty of money w/o either.  But, again, varies by consulate, as each is free to make up its own rules, it seems.

Posted (edited)

Hey!

I was also almost denied entry on METV in Bkk. It is my second one after few months break in my country in EU. IO said I need to change visa to non 0 immigration (which I am pretty sure I can't get, I don't meet requirements) or I can get deported. That next time I will not be allowed in.

1.Above the entry stamp it was written TR0066, is that some kind of a code signifying that I rather not try to enter again?

2. If I fly in from neighbouring country when doing visa run and am denied exit, do I need to return back to that same neighbouring country, or back to my home country in Europe?

Am I just denied entry or I get some penalty/ get blacklisted?

Thank you!

Edited by Wizzy
Text mistake

50 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

1.Above the entry stamp it was written TR0066, is that some kind of a code signifying that I rather not try to enter again?

TR is the code for Tourist Visa. No idea what the 0066 means.

51 minutes ago, Wizzy said:

2. If I fly in from neighbouring country when doing visa run and am denied exit, do I need to return back to that same neighbouring country, or back to my home country in Europe?

They will send you back to the same neighbouring country.

You are just denied entry and the deportation isn’t recorded formally as a deportation. No blacklisting and you will be able to attempt entry again in the future.

Hey!

I was also almost denied entry on METV in Bkk. It is my second one after few months break in my country in EU. IO said I need to change visa to non 0 immigration (which I am pretty sure I can't get, I don't meet requirements) or I can get deported. That next time I will not be allowed in.

Thank you!

Maybe try for the Non O or Non O-A then they will stop harassing you

3 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Above the entry stamp it was written TR0066,

Was it perhaps a Scoot flight you came in on?

On the current METV, the safest solution is to do in/out by land (avoiding Poipet). Entering at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang, you might be lucky but it is risky.

17 hours ago, Wizzy said:

Probably your flight number if it's written above the entry stamp, maybe you can check again (their handwriting can be hard to decipher).

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, Wizzy said:

Hey!

Thank you!

if you dont pass through immigration they cant make you go to a specific destination as long as you leave via flight from the airport and the country has a visa on arrival so the airline can let you board, for one thing you may not be able to afford the ticket back to the original location.

Edited by fhickson

On 6/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, Briggsy said:

I was denied on a brand new METV from the UK. I provided all the documentation required (proof of funds, UK employment, return flight, hotel booking). This was not even considered by Suwannaphum immigration. I was swiftly denied entry with no discussion.

METV's are now fair game for denial. Use a land entry.

how did you exit? did they require you to fly to a specific location or use a specific airline out or change the date on your return ticket home?

43 minutes ago, fhickson said:

if you dont pass through immigration they cant make you go to a specific destination as long as you leave via flight from the airport and the country has a visa on arrival so the airline can let you board, for one thing you may not be able to afford the ticket back to the original location.

They can and do insist where you fly to. It’s the airlines responsibility that flew you in to fly you out again.

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

how did you exit? did they require you to fly to a specific location or use a specific airline out or change the date on your return ticket home?

Discussed already on multiple threads. You'll find it. "By plane; yes; yes; yes" is the short answer to your 4 questions.

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Discussed already on multiple threads. You'll find it. "By plane; yes; yes; yes" is the short answer to your 4 questions. 

We had reports by people who were allowed to fly to somewhere else, so it depends.