BANGKOK
ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

1 minute ago, FalangJaiDee said:

*ahem*
so uh lets say i don't have a job but have significant savings (that satisfy the +7k usd for 6 months of bank statements requirement). Can I just write a fake letter from my "manager"? I still have business cards with my name and the company on them that i could attach to the fake letter. 

..... 😄

I'm not sure what happens if you are caught faking it, maybe blacklisted?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure what happens if you are caught faking it, maybe blacklisted?

Well i figure the worst that happens is the embassy denies the visa. If they give me the VISA, and I fly to Thailand, I doubt Thai immigration is going to try to call up my "employer" in the USA. Regardless, that's why I'm asking. 

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ? I'm a citizen of Switzerland and I could apply at the Thai consulate in Switzerland but I can see on the list of requirements that a letter from my "employer" as to be provided ?

As a freelancer, I do not own my own company neither I'm employed directly by anyone. Is there any way to bypass this ? I meet all the other requirements without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, RedReding said:

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ? I'm a citizen of Switzerland and I could apply at the Thai consulate in Switzerland but I can see on the list of requirements that a letter from my "employer" as to be provided ?

As a freelancer, I do not own my own company neither I'm employed directly by anyone. Is there any way to bypass this ? I meet all the other requirements without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, not for you then. Only available from your Swiss Thai consulate in your case

3 hours ago, RedReding said:

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ?

The best and usually the only one. Might be possible if you are a resident of another country to apply there as well. Considering the reputation of ease of doing business I would expect Switzerland to have a pretty straightforward ways for registering yourself as a one man company, sole trader or something similar. That should suffice. My opinion is that they are more interested in that you have enough cash to sustain yourself for at least 6 months.

5 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

*ahem*
so uh lets say i don't have a job but have significant savings (that satisfy the +7k usd for 6 months of bank statements requirement). Can I just write a fake letter from my "manager"? I still have business cards with my name and the company on them that i could attach to the fake letter. 

..... 😄

Most - if not all - European banks would deny request of verify/check account balance, even if it's from an embassy. 

My friends made a totally fake work certificate, and it passed without a problem. Myself edited an old Flight ticket... 

Absolutely no guarantee for it to work in your embassy, I'm just sharing experiences. 🙂

If we're being rational, it makes little sense for the employees to scrutinize a temporary visa. Most likely they spend their energy and effort at "full time" visas, marriage related etc. Just my 2 cents. 

52 minutes ago, rabang said:

The best and usually the only one. Might be possible if you are a resident of another country to apply there as well. Considering the reputation of ease of doing business I would expect Switzerland to have a pretty straightforward ways for registering yourself as a one man company, sole trader or something similar. That should suffice. My opinion is that they are more interested in that you have enough cash to sustain yourself for at least 6 months.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the double post but got one more question:

Does the money in the bank needs to be in your home country or any bank in the world will work ? Is it fine if the money already is in Thailand ?

Edited by RedReding

3 hours ago, RedReding said:

Sorry for the double post but got one more question:

Does the money in the bank needs to be in your home country or any bank in the world will work ? Is it fine if the money already is in Thailand ?

In principle, the money can be anywhere. However, money in your home country looks better. It is usually also easier to show the most recent few months of bank statements when the bank is local to where you are applying.

15 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Most - if not all - European banks would deny request of verify/check account balance, even if it's from an embassy. 

My friends made a totally fake work certificate, and it passed without a problem. Myself edited an old Flight ticket... 

Absolutely no guarantee for it to work in your embassy, I'm just sharing experiences. 🙂

If we're being rational, it makes little sense for the employees to scrutinize a temporary visa. Most likely they spend their energy and effort at "full time" visas, marriage related etc. Just my 2 cents. 

its worth the gamble IMO. I'll probably fly in from a neighboring country so if it gets denied i dont go all the way back to the US

On 2/5/2020 at 7:39 AM, bbi1 said:

Why hijack the METV thread with a totally off-topic post about a retirement OA visa question? You do realise you can create a brand new topic and ask your question without a totally irrelevant off-topic post on this thread which has caused many other off-topic posts being created.

This thread used to be about the METV but now it just seems to be a general thread where people ask any questions about coming to Thailand. So I'm unsubscribing as it's just a waste of time now.

• Like 2

In principle, the money can be anywhere. However, money in your home country looks better. It is usually also easier to show the most recent few months of bank statements when the bank is local to where you are applying.

Right. Thanks for your answer.