Jump to content
BANGKOK
ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Assuming you were legally in Thailand as of March 28th 2020, there is no need to visit immigration to request an extension. You are automatically extended until 31st July 2020. No stamp in your passport is needed to prove your right to the extension.

I understand this.  The extension to July 31st is something I do qualify for.

 

My question is if I were to use this letter, could it push me out to August 30th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Common said:

I understand this.  The extension to July 31st is something I do qualify for.

 

My question is if I were to use this letter, could it push me out to August 30th?

When would you be planning to use the letter? If you use it now, and they give you a 30-day extension to late June/early July, it will just be a waste of time and 1,900 baht (I think you would still be OK until July 31 though). If you use it around July 31st, I assume the letter would be out of date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BritTim said:

When would you be planning to use the letter? If you use it now, and they give you a 30-day extension to late June/early July, it will just be a waste of time and 1,900 baht (I think you would still be OK until July 31 though). If you use it around July 31st, I assume the letter would be out of date.

I was planning to use it around end of July, but yes, my fear is that it might be out of date by then.  Though the date on the letter is April 20th, I could request for another one closer to the date to make it more valid.

 

Thank you for answering BritTim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, BritTim said:

Assuming you were legally in Thailand as of March 28th 2020, there is no need to visit immigration to request an extension. You are automatically extended until 31st July 2020. No stamp in your passport is needed to prove your right to the extension.

Buona Fortuna upon exit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I rent a condo without a visa? And just do the visa runs every 30 days. Or would you need proof of a visa before renting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteadyEddie said:

Can I rent a condo without a visa? And just do the visa runs every 30 days. Or would you need proof of a visa before renting?

It is possible to rent some condos when in Thailand on a visa exempt entry. However, for several years, it has not been possible to do unlimited trips out and back to Thailand to get further visa exempt entries. By land, a hard limit of two such border runs per calendar year is enforced. By air, you can probably manage another one or two (depending on the airport you use for entry). You are very unlikely to be able to use back to back visa exempt entries to stay as long as six months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is possible to rent some condos when in Thailand on a visa exempt entry. However, for several years, it has not been possible to do unlimited trips out and back to Thailand to get further visa exempt entries. By land, a hard limit of two such border runs per calendar year is enforced. By air, you can probably manage another one or two (depending on the airport you use for entry). You are very unlikely to be able to use back to back visa exempt entries to stay as long as six months.

Ok thanks for that. I was looking at the visa requirments for u.k citizens and It says " a letter from the applicants employer" so does that mean I cannot get the visa as I am unemployed? I have all the other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteadyEddie said:

Ok thanks for that. I was looking at the visa requirments for u.k citizens and It says " a letter from the applicants employer" so does that mean I cannot get the visa as I am unemployed? I have all the other stuff.

Evidence of financial security is the most important condition. Other than that, the embassy wants to see evidence that you have ties to the UK, and only intend to visit Thailand. Do you have significant income from pensions, private investments or the gig economy? There are a number of ways you can satisfy the Thai consular officials in the UK, such as the most recent year's tax assessment showing a healthy income. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, BritTim said:

Evidence of financial security is the most important condition. Other than that, the embassy wants to see evidence that you have ties to the UK, and only intend to visit Thailand. Do you have significant income from pensions, private investments or the gig economy? There are a number of ways you can satisfy the Thai consular officials in the UK, such as the most recent year's tax assessment showing a healthy income. Good luck!

Hi sorry i just seen this, i do have evidence of bank balance to show i have enough to support myself when im out there. I have a self assessment letter but it doesnt state how much i made over the year. Maybe i can get something from hmrc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does it matter.

Country is closed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...