Stay Away From Thai Power Poles

george

did anyone see the AXN video of the thai electricity worker up the pole fixing something - he called for the electricity to be shut off and waited

He was given the all clear and then started work then BOOM - big flash

The power travelled down his arm and exited out his leg

He was knocked out and left hanging from the pole

He lived

Massive scars on ankle where the electricity arched out

Apparently the worker turning off the power was distracted by 2 flies mating on the shut off control panel. He said he didnt want to disturb them as he was doing his PHD in fly mating and behaviour patterns - so he took notes and waited for them to finish before he turned off the power.

He could see no wrong in his decision and insisted that he did what he was told to do - turn off the power

he remarked I was not told when to turn off the power

:o

Gold fish have a longer attention span of 18.435 seconds

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we want to get technical normally the amperage is what fries you not the voltage.  :o

other way around amps kill voltage fries

P= I x E

thats why someone can get hit with millions of volts via lightning or stun guns and not die

low amps

thats what the som tum lady told me

she's a wave of knowledge that som tam lady.

:D

A Mobile Phone That Goes Off with a Bang

Email this story

Apr 13, 12:06 pm ET

HONG KONG (Reuters) - When Chan Tin-hon's mobile phone went off, it went off with a bang.

"I was lining up in a bank," the 22-year-old from Hong Kong told local Cable TV. "When I hung up the phone, it exploded. It was very loud."

The station showed Chan's phone, a Nokia 3310, in tatters and a spokeswoman for the manufacturer said they would investigate.

"We've been in contact with the police. It's confirmed that it was a Nokia phone," the spokeswoman said.

"We're trying to get hold of the product for technical testing. But as we haven't got hold of the product yet, we can't provide further information at the moment," she added.

Last year there were several incidents of Nokia phones exploding or bursting into flames in Europe. Nokia said other manufacturers' batteries, and not its own, were to blame for the incidents.

Consumer groups in Italy and Belgium said an independent laboratory test they commissioned showed two types of Nokia batteries lacked safety valves to prevent overheating and fire in case of a short-circuit, but the company disputed the results.

It was unclear if the phone in Tuesday's incident had been bought from a licensed dealer.

Last year there were several incidents of Nokia phones exploding or bursting into flames in Europe. Nokia said other manufacturers' batteries, and not its own, were to blame for the incidents.

There were several cases in Thailand as well. I'm not certain if there are no more cases lately here as I haven't heard any news for a while. Or maybe it's simply because someone has been hiding it.. as usual. I've been using my Nokia less, and using my Samsung more anyway. :o

i would bet that more injuries occur by mobile phone users driving and talking at the same time

I saw one driver the other day trying to make a hard right turn with one hand on the wheel - turn grab turn grab until he/she made it around the corner

There were several cases in Thailand as well. I'm not certain if there are no more cases lately here as I haven't heard any news for a while. Or maybe it's simply because someone has been hiding it.. as usual. I've been using my Nokia less, and using my Samsung more anyway. <_<

A two mobile phone lady Cutie. Are they to help you manage your menfolk better ? :o

Nokia is rubbish anyways..far better mobiles on the market by sanyo, and samsung.  Dunno why Nokia is so beloved in Thailand? :o

Nokia was easy to use before. Now, all models look bloody weird. The last time I bought a Nokia was over a year ago and it was 7210. Five months later, I had it stolen on my night out (be careful guys). Never bought one again as they all look too strange to be a mobile. I didn't buy the current one. My mate, who is also on this forum, gave it to me. :D

Preparing yourself for the return of the Tokyo man, Lovely?

One phone on his way out,... 

When he gets back, I'll get rid of my Nokia and will put his picture back up on my Samsung screen. :D:D

We all love you, Lovely but you picked up our curiousity. Diverting from the original subject, I'm afraid but... who is the chosen one, who is he, who is he,...? :D

He is just my dear friend, BC! :o

(If you are reading this, stop laughing and shut up mate!)

He stopped laughing long ago,... :o:D

I'm not so sure about that, BC. I know my mate will be laughing so hard if he reads all my posts for the past few days. Mmm.. maybe not yet. I think he just got back from India or something last night. Wonder if he has met Sweetest Mango. :D

LovelyCutie...ahh so my photo will return to your mobile soon? :D

Is that you, honey? Shee-it... it has always been there, honey. I never, ever, have it removed! :D

BC, I am afraid that's what you have to find it out for yourself :o:D

Don't tempt me, LC.

I'll wait for your Tokyo guy to come back.

By the way, what do you think about the mia noi thread? :o:D

Either he has only me, or I have a few ducks around the house. And sure as h3ll, his mum would never recognise him, ever again, if he did anyone in my family :D

Glad to hear that you will behave, my darling Brit. Now I promise you and your mum that you will return to the UK in one piece, without any part removed.

Guys, me no have many money. You buy me drink. I tell you papa no have buffalo. My brother no school anymore. Me have only you. How me can have many money? :D:o

Guys, me no have many money. You buy me drink. I tell you papa no have buffalo. My brother no school anymore. Me have only you. How me can have many money? :D:o

Honey, me have no more money. I no want drink. I love you soo mutch. Bufffalo papa sick. Papa sick. Brother sick. You farang, no problem. Can give money nit noi?,... :D:D