Stay Away From Thai Power Poles

george

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely-Have to admit I was a bit worried especially I send text message to mobile, and says you no longer accept! All ok now I send you dosh to buy new motorbike. (I understand last one stolen)

Thank you very much, darling. By the way, I don't ride motorbike. Can I have a Mercedes instead? :o

i would bet that more injuries occur by mobile phone users driving and talking at the same time

I saw one driver the other day trying to make a hard right turn with one hand on the wheel - turn grab turn grab until he/she made it around the corner

:o

he/she?

Was it a Katoey? :D

"Dorb noi dai mai, dorb chan noi, wa krai ben faen tur......"

Don't tell me it is the one whom you called the "pig"! :D

And guys: 2 pages had gone off topic just because a "pooying" appeared!

"yang mai roo suay mai suay?...........POOCHAI !!!! :o

"Dorb noi dai mai, dorb chan noi, wa krai ben faen tur......"

Don't tell me it is the one whom you called the "pig"! :D

"yang mai roo suay mai suay?...........POOCHAI !!!! :D

Nah, my dear is not a pig. And by the way, has anyone seen "the pig" lately? :o

You know, I was just expecting someone to mention that it had gone off topic for a couple of pages. Sorry, guys. I'll try harder next time. :D

"yang mai roo suay mai suay?...........POOCHAI !!!!  :D

Off topic? With such an electrifying personality, Lovely kept us right on topic,... :D

"yang mai roo suay mai suay?". We know, we know,... :o:D

Off topic? With such an electrifying personality, Lovely kept us right on topic,... :D

"yang mai roo suay mai suay?". We know, we know,... :D  :D

:o:D

Please do not make it sound like a challenge! My zodiac sign is Scorpio. So, I can't stand a challenge!

Discharges of electromagnetic waves from cell phones could cause a spark and attract a flow of electricity from the poles to the phone, thus subjecting its user to the risk of fatality.

hahahahaha

discharges of absolute bullshit from incompetant academics could cause a newspaper to publish a load of tripe, thus subjecting its readers to the risk of .........

I have finally decided to put forth my opinion of this site which bends and twists the truth to be over dramatic and quite untruthful. Especially this article! Did I read he was a welder? Like in High voltage "arc" welding, hummm...

I've tried to read between the silly lines of so many silly articles so many times that this time I have to put a word in. I was one of the first 7 people developing GSM communications in Germany. Mannesmann, AT&T and Deutsche Telekom.

So I guess you could say I know a tiny little bit about what I am saying.... ;-)

It is absolutely absurd to make such comments, first of all, is this April 1st again?

No water for the soup? Goodness, this reminds me of the rag magazines at Food Lion. "Man Eats "hot" dog while puppies scream... "

A cell phone with a max of 2 watts puts out about as much "magnetic radiation"

as a small 12 volt fan. It does not and cannot attract sparks from even 3 inches from a "power pole", and at that distance you body would be the attraction not the phone. And furthermore the battery "almost any" battery would not explode unless it is subjected to an extreme overcharge or direct short and even then the chances are somewhere around 1 in 2,000,000. This is a fools tale and rediculous at that. A good 5th grade science book would do as a start to disprove this. I hope that in the future some articles on this site will actually have a tiny bit of sense. Sorry to be so blunt!!!

Mike ...

The original story was a newspaper article.... and the explanation for the occurance came from A thai academic....

my guess for what really happened is the welder was up the power pole connecting his supply lead when he was distracted by his mobile phone ringing and thus made his severe mistake when he tried to answer his phone...

the thing to take note of here in this story is the thai academic making statements that show his complete lack of understanding of electrical/physical principals

Perhaps a little, or a lot of, sex would help the IQ? I have heard in Pattaya that BG's, with minimal formal education, after just a few short months develop language, computer and banking skills. Maybe this would help the Thai physical science types? :o