Lax fare

bapak

Try Philippine Airlines. From LAX to BKK, and back is $700.00 US. The trip is 24hrs total traveling time. Cathay Pacific has a better schedule, but i don't think you want to be traveling through Hong Kong at this time. You can only get this fare from there web site www.philippine airlines.com. This is a promotional fare requires 7 day advance booking. I've used them several times, and will be flying with them again on May 4th.

I'm a career pilot, have flown for a living for 40 years, have PAXd a couple million miles during that time -- and always look for operational integrity before all else.

That said, if you are looking for the very highest standards and and by far the best value for money to LAX, EVA's Economy-Deluxe ["L"] Class is it. Only slightly more expensive than basic Economy, EVA's L-Class standard of service beats some carriers' Business Class.

When I am buying my own tickets EVA gets my money. In every class.

Best ones -- Brian   :o

• 4 weeks later...

Amen Brian... I am also a retired airline pilot and agree with all that you say about EVA... Have just returned from a BKK/YVR/BKK flight in EVA Deluxe Economy... Sorry Thai, but it leaves your Business Class, and perhaps even your First Class, for dead.

Bapak

Hi there, Bapak

I usually fly into YVR, too. Got a place in Washington's Skagit Valley -- and downtown YVR car rentals are usually about half the price of those at SEA!

Get a couple of EVA miles and ride J/C and as often as not EVA's folks will upgrade you to First.

I love the FRee Taiwanese People in any case so EVA's operational standards [What a contrast with CI's, though!]

are a bonus.

Altogether a pretty competent operation.

Best ones -- Brian :o

FYI...E;mail from the boss at EVA ....

Over the past two months, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) has cast a shadow of unease and fear over the entire world. At the same time, competition, performance commitments and enterprise development have demanded that business travel continue. Family concerns have required many of us to travel abroad. And the personal desire for the growth and experience one gains from different people and cultures around the world has compelled us to dream of exotic places and to plan trips with loved ones and friends. To fulfil these needs, we have to fly. And as a result, each of us, along with our family and friends, feels some unavoidable worry.

At EVA Air, we all share your sentiments. We would like to offer our sincere wishes for your well-being, and assure you that your care is our utmost priority. We have implemented measures that we believe will give you greater peace of mind and make your travels easier.

EVA Air is continually monitoring SARS developments. At all times, we are prepared to apply the most effective measures available and to persist in giving you the cleanest and most hygienic cabin environment possible. Every one of these actions and initiatives is intended to benefit you.

Like always, we treat our passengers like our family. Especially for you, we have developed an informative overview of the disease, "Fly EVA Air, Travel Comfortably - 100% Anti-SARS." We urge you to review this information and become familiar with both facts related to SARS and preventive measures.

We sincerely hope that our heartfelt care, in combination with our determination to provide safe, convenient air travel, gives you greater comfort. And we hope you can now look forward to that business trip, enjoy those visits to old friends or family living abroad, and tour that wonderful, magical, far-away place you've been dreaming of.

Best regards,

K.C. Chang

Chairman

???

http://www.evaair.com/html....00.html

I work for an airline and in our computer the best price I could find was on China Air at 762.00 USD RT from BkkLaxBkk. If you are a retired airline employee can't you get an ID90? I don't think the seats are very full ;-). I myself will be paying 225.00 on Eva When I come in June. As to flying China Air well lets just say they are one step up ( abeit a very small step) from Pakistan Air

FYI, Leaving June 6th on China Air, yes they suck but are trying harder due to Severe Acute syndome, you can R/T for 450.00 and have a six month open return or a year return for 550.00.

United Airlines on travelocity as a recent post stated is $495.00 but read the rules, leaves early AM and must tavel in and out of BKK in under thirty days.

I agree with posts on EVA, efficient, much service for your $$ they make most of their revenues from shipping contracts. Just look at the stacked containers in El Segundo....

For... YIO

Not a bad click on Local Site...has been mentioned before..

A Bangkok travel agent centrally located in Thailand's business district on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 8.

Flights from Bangkok

Bangkok - San Francisco, CA USA Japan Airlines Economy class (M) One way = 20,950 Baht Round trip = 24,850 Baht

Bangkok - Paris, France Vietnam Airlines Economy class (L) One way = 11,900 Baht Round trip = 19,830 Baht

Bangkok - Singapore Swiss Air (SR) Economy class (:D One way = 3,750 Baht Round trip =6,550 Baht

http://www.manidatravel.com/toa.htm ::o: