Hit-and-run suspect admits to running over tourist on Samui

webfact

The pickup ran over the guys shoulder not his head….it would have been crushed otherwise.

Samui is a <deleted> nightmare for pedestrians…I get the shits just driving a bike there.

The farang made one mistake…which is you always walk facing oncoming traffic not with your back turned to it.

Actually I disagree. I used to run on the roads here (until I came to my senses) and at first used to run against the traffic. The trouble was that then they know that you can see them and have no hesitation in running you off the road. With your back to them they know you will not see them aiming at you and jump out of the way.

So why wait a day? Why not drive to the nearest police station and turn yourself in?

Need time for the alcohol level in his blood to come down.

That's why Thai drivers always leggit when involved in an accident. Used to happen in India too, the papers used to say "Driver is absconding".

I am always trying to understand what goes in a Thai persons mind if anything. They complain about having no money yet spend it all on whisky. They claim to love buddah and the deeper meaning of life yet do everything in their power to destroy theirs and everybody else's. 500 baht fine for this fine example of a Thai.

I am always trying to understand what goes in a Thai persons mind if anything. They complain about having no money yet spend it all on whisky. They claim to love buddah and the deeper meaning of life yet do everything in their power to destroy theirs and everybody else's. 500 baht fine for this fine example of a Thai.

Let me elaborate on how they think. It goes like this:

1. They are Thai and this is Thailand

2. They have decided what they did was ok by justifying it to themself

3. Based on 1. and 2. above there is no question he is right as he is Thai and has decided it was ok

How simple is that?

Did you remove your bifocals before watching? It went just below the neck area.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8af_1447521545

If that thing under the tire at 0:20 mark is "the neck" then my foot is really my hand.

The wheel certainly made contact with the guys shoulder first …the slope of the guys shoulder presented a 'ramp' the wheels then quickly ran over it, without causing any trauma…if it was the head the wheel would have stuck there and dragged the guys smearing his brains all over the road.

Tinted front windscreen at night. A great combination. Typical loser and retard who think they are special in a pick up.

Which video were you watching? The driver can be seen as the view through the pickup's windscreen is pretty good so no tint there.

I wonder why the pedestrian chose to move off the pavement where it was dry, as evidenced by the two other people in the video who walked that stretch before him, onto the road where there was a puddle and then walk slowly and apparently aimlessly? Was he under the influence of something?

Whilst not condoning the driver's actions perhaps the victim's wandering into the road could have contributed to the accident.

Thai Driver Surrenders to Police after Running Over Israeli Tourist on Koh Samui

KOH SAMUI – Lt. Cpt. Boonnam Srithanarat has reported that the driver of a pickup truck that ran over Israeli tourists 43-year-old Amir Cohen, has turned himself into police.

Sanong Songkul, 45, confessed to hitting the Israeli Amir Cohen with his pick-up truck on Saturday night, but defended his decision not to stop to help the wounded man because he was afraid crowds of onlookers might attack him, Lt. Cpt. Boonnam Srithanarat said.

On Saturday Israeli Amir Cohen stepped onto the road in Bophut to avoid a puddle, instead of getting wet feet he was mowed down by Mr. Songkul’s pick-up truck that literally drove over him.

According to the Samui Times, Mr. Songkul simply drove away after driving over the tourist. The low quality CCTV footage of the incident went viral on social network sites.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thai-driver-surrenders-to-police-after-running-over-israeli-tourist-on-koh-samui.html

crt.png

-- Chiang Rai Times 2015-11-17

what a bullshit excuse, i could at least understand a little had the driver been a farang and run over a Thai worrying about being attacked by a local mob, only in Thailand can you do this to a Foreigner, what a shit place it is slow becoming, even if the guy wass drunk there is no excuse to just take off, he believed he would not have been caught, maybe even the driver was drunk who knows

Archived