Farm Classifieds

Probaly be a good idea to collect some links for tractors and farm machinery ect. I seem to have lost most of my links from firefox, but here's 2 to get you started. I'll see how it goes and mabye pinn this later.

KASET PHATTANA group, THAILAND Rice combines and threshers

Mit Alai Tractor Co New and second hand tractor and accesory dealer (Bang Pa-In)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some information that I posted awhile back and has ended up in the Thai Motors forum. I thought it might be more appropriate here. The prices are probably still mostly close to being right but maybe they've all gone up 10% or so...don't know:

There have been some interest in the cost of new 2 wheel tractors so I am reporting this purchase. The motor is Siam Kubota 9 horse peak power, 8 horse continuous...diesel (of course)...hand crank start. The chasis is Siam Kubota with 3 forward and 1 reverse gear....has the long gear shift lever (not the hand grip shifter). It came with a single bottom plow, two disc light disc, and a single bar hard tooth harrow.....all of these are fairly cheap but functional. Total cost was 57,000 baht including delivery, brief operating instructions on site, a video CD for the motor (in Thai), a video CD for the chasis (in Thai), 1 year warranty on the chasis, and 2 year warranty on the motor.

You can save about 3,500 baht if you get the 8 horse motor instead with the same chasis...8 horses is adequate...my uncle bought an 8 horse one. You can get the top of the line chassis with a hand shifter which has a squeeze grip clutch as well as the stick actuated clutch (I have only the stick clutch) with everything else seeming to be the same except for that sporty look all for about 1,900 baht more. You can save about 4,000 baht if you buy a chassis (not Siam Kubota but some less well known brand) without reverse gear and a more cumbersome method of changing speed and actuating brakes. You can get a meter that shows hours of operation for 900 baht extra.

So from cheapest (8 horse, no reverse, no hour gage, clunky controls) for about 48,500 baht or the best one (9 horse, 3 forward 1 rev, easy to operate controls with grip shifter and extra clutch, and hour gage) for about 57,900 baht (actually you can get bigger motors but no one seems to do that). And just for a reality check...I have been using a really old 2 wheel tractor with 9 horse motor but probably is actually making 8 or less, no reverse, you have to change the belt drive position by hand to change speeds (only two speeds forward and I've heard it is possible to twist the belt to get reverse but I've never seen anyone do it) and really clunky controls that take a bit of muscle to work them.....and.....it has been totally adequate for all plowing, discing, harrowing, and wagon pulling.....but....it does tire you out. So the main advantage of the new one will be that I won't be dog tired after 3 hours of plowing...I'll probably be able to go for 5 hours a day.

OOOOPS!!! I just noticed that this thread is for links...so...here is the link to the original thread where I posted this stuff:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...actor&st=15

I'll post more links over the weekend - but thought this one would go well to start off withy, only because I had a close relationship with them in my John Deere days

CMT agricultural implements

They are the biggest plough manufacturers in Thailand with a well built and solid range that will last a life time - except the the discs - always the problem in Thailand, most ploughdiscs are imported from Brazil or the Ukraine and the hardness of the steel is often suspect. That aside (because you can always replace discs after a few seasons) the rest of the plough will last a lifetime.

More links over the weekend - may also post a few a maintanence "articals" how to look after your Ford tractor - what to look out for when buying one ect....

Tim

Edited to make a clickable link RC

There have been some interest in the cost of new 2 wheel tractors so I am reporting this purchase. The motor is Siam Kubota 9 horse peak power, 8 horse continuous...diesel (of course)...hand crank start. The chasis is Siam Kubota with 3 forward and 1 reverse gear....has the long gear shift lever (not the hand grip shifter). It came with a single bottom plow, two disc light disc, and a single bar hard tooth harrow.....all of these are fairly cheap but functional. Total cost was 57,000 baht including delivery, brief operating instructions on site, a video CD for the motor (in Thai), a video CD for the chasis (in Thai), 1 year warranty on the chasis, and 2 year warranty on the motor.

Very interesting post chownah, any chance of a photo? :D My wife was thinking of purchasing a tractor for the purpose of hiring out locally. :o

Chris

Chris.B,

Can't do the picture but its really not necessary....its just your typical two wheeled tractor like you see just about every small farmer using everywhere in Thailand....its only got two wheels and you walk behind it...it looks like a big diesel rototiller but it doesn't have a rotary tiller, it is used to pull a plow, disc, harrow etc.......there are probably a dozen of them within a one kilometre radius of my house...they are everywhere. Its usually too small to consider hiring out although occasionally this is done.

Chownah

Anyone looking for a tractor at the moment - I have a load of Kubotas and Fords - just out of the container from Holland this week.

Will be puting them together over the next couple weeks.

The 7 Kubotas ranging from 18 - 28hp, and the 6 Fords, all are 6XXX and 7XXX types - ranging from 85hp - 105hp, and one big 8XXX - but thats on its way to the sugar mill - unless I get a better offer.

Let me know if anyone is seriosuly interested - all are 4WD.

Tim

Chris.B,

Can't do the picture but its really not necessary....its just your typical two wheeled tractor like you see just about every small farmer using everywhere in Thailand....its only got two wheels and you walk behind it...it looks like a big diesel rototiller but it doesn't have a rotary tiller, it is used to pull a plow, disc, harrow etc.......there are probably a dozen of them within a one kilometre radius of my house...they are everywhere. Its usually too small to consider hiring out although occasionally this is done.

Chownah

So its not one of these ??

post-35772-1160164051_thumb.jpg

Careful buying tractors in Thailand. I bought a new Yanmar with all the attachments. the Yanmar is fine but the Thai attachments are very poor and added with the wrong lenght and guage bolts, hence major problems. more worringly the tractor came with a 15 page service manual in Thai. I had specified an English version which arrived weeks later and is 69 pages!!!!!!!

Worse still the sevicing specs are hugely different particularly with fluid and oil erplacements. They insisted I was crazy when

I wanted to have the trans/ hydraulic oil changed at the first 50 hours and insisted the English translation was wrong

My wife told me later that my oil had subsquently been resold ----"-Thai's cannot afford to service the vehicles properly so you get the same treatment" As for all the wrong bolts,pins and clips "Yes Sir we have them and you can pick them up next time you are in Surin!

Apart from ants eating the wiring it works fine now (Yanmar EF352T)

Andy

Note: This post was actually written and submitted by andywelshgit. He used my login by mistake.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cut and pasted from another thread, small tractors in Chaing Mai :-

Why Chang Mai?

You are likely to save yourself somewhere around B30 000 - B40 000 buying in Bangkok.

The centre for small and medium tractor dealing in Thailand is the main road leading out of Bangkok going up to the North East. Starting about 1mile after the end of the raised freeway going past the old airport, for about 10 miles all the way to the Carlsberg factory on the right hand side of the road, is tractor dealer after tractor, some with as many as 50-100 examples of 2nd hand imported Kubota and Iseki tractors. Many of them with plumbed hydraulics and front end buckets on them, and it is roto-tiller heaven.

However, in Chang Mai you can contact:

Metro Machinary 053-210233 or 053-260629 or 053-260628

You may also wish to consider Yanmar in Kon Kaen 043-245179

• 1 month later...
Anyone looking for a tractor at the moment - I have a load of Kubotas and Fords - just out of the container from Holland this week.

The 7 Kubotas ranging from 18 - 28hp, and the 6 Fords, all are 6XXX and 7XXX types - ranging from 85hp - 105hp, and one big 8XXX - but thats on its way to the sugar mill - unless I get a better offer.

Tim

Tim do u no if it is possiable 2 buy a 4 in one bucket 4 a 28 hp Kubota also how much r your 28 HPs and how many hours do they have.

and where r u selling from

yours rud

[email protected]

Tim do u no if it is possiable 2 buy a 4 in one bucket 4 a 28 hp Kubota also how much r your 28 HPs and how many hours do they have.

yours rud

[email protected]

Rudyard, your probably better off handling specifics by PM, If you don't know how to use it, just click on the user name and you'll get a drop down menu. Just click send personal message. It just like e-mail

• 2 weeks later...

Tim

yours rud

[email protected]

I do suggest to go for a new tractor these days, especially from Kubota...due to following reasons:

1. products are all import from Japan

2. the price is not that high

3. services (for after sales are better)

4. mentainance is cheaper & easier & better in the long terms, except you really can do mix&match for the spartparts from one model/brand to the others.

5. Now a days, there are offers for the leasing with lower initial investments and effortable payments per month or per 6 months, etc.

Below is the link to Kubota website....

http://www.siamkubota.co.th/en/products.aspx?cid=4

http://www.siamkubota.co.th/th/dealer_search.aspx

Where are you located? There are Autherized Dealer almost every province in Thailand.

Cheers!

^ The problem in my opinion with New Kubots is that you can buy a 2nd hand Ford for the same. 2nd hand they are usually still less than half the price of new, you can still mix and match spares and there is a dealer in virtualy everytown. Looked after they last for ages and are cheap and easy to fix if anything goes wrong.

^ The problem in my opinion with New Kubots is that you can buy a 2nd hand Ford for the same. 2nd hand they are usually still less than half the price of new, you can still mix and match spares and there is a dealer in virtualy everytown. Looked after they last for ages and are cheap and easy to fix if anything goes wrong.

Yes, the price of a 2nd hand Ford at the beginning is cheaper, but I do see the long term maintenance, including time to find/mixed and match spare parts are much more expensive.

Yes, the price of a 2nd hand Ford at the beginning is cheaper, but I do see the long term maintenance, including time to find/mixed and match spare parts are much more expensive.

I've run a Ford 6600 for 6 or 7 years now - obtaining spares has never been a problem; readily available through loads of outlets.

Rgds

Khonwan

The problem with 2nd hand tractors, like with cars, is that you don't know the history of the tractor. Knowing the easy way Thais take care of their cars, I wonder how careful thai farmers are with their tractors. Some of you guys seem to be mechanics, able to exchange/mix/match spare parts. Well, I'm not and it was my reason to buy a new Kubota 5000. They are good quality tractors, the dealer near me, in Sawang Daendin, is a big one with lots of spare parts and mechanics to do their excellent service on site. Very friendly and competent people indeed.

Joe

The problem with 2nd hand tractors, like with cars, is that you don't know the history of the tractor. Knowing the easy way Thais take care of their cars, I wonder how careful thai farmers are with their tractors
In my experiance they look after them very well as they are their livleyhood and for most have been a massive capital investment. Each to their own really, depends on what you want the tractor to be able to do

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Here's some information that I posted awhile back and has ended up in the Thai Motors forum. I thought it might be more appropriate here. The prices are probably still mostly close to being right but maybe they've all gone up 10% or so...don't know:

You can save about 3,500 baht if you get the 8 horse motor instead with the same chasis...8 horses is adequate...my uncle bought an 8 horse one. You can get the top of the line chassis with a hand shifter which has a squeeze grip clutch as well as the stick actuated clutch (I have only the stick clutch) with everything else seeming to be the same except for that sporty look all for about 1,900 baht more. You can save about 4,000 baht if you buy a chassis (not Siam Kubota but some less well known brand) without reverse gear and a more cumbersome method of changing speed and actuating brakes. You can get a meter that shows hours of operation for 900 baht extra.

So from cheapest (8 horse, no reverse, no hour gage, clunky controls) for about 48,500 baht or the best one (9 horse, 3 forward 1 rev, easy to operate controls with grip shifter and extra clutch, and hour gage) for about 57,900 baht (actually you can get bigger motors but no one seems to do that). And just for a reality check...I have been using a really old 2 wheel tractor with 9 horse motor but probably is actually making 8 or less, no reverse, you have to change the belt drive position by hand to change speeds (only two speeds forward and I've heard it is possible to twist the belt to get reverse but I've never seen anyone do it) and really clunky controls that take a bit of muscle to work them.....and.....it has been totally adequate for all plowing, discing, harrowing, and wagon pulling.....but....it does tire you out. So the main advantage of the new one will be that I won't be dog tired after 3 hours of plowing...I'll probably be able to go for 5 hours a day.

OOOOPS!!! I just noticed that this thread is for links...so...here is the link to the original thread where I posted this stuff:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...actor&st=15

• 3 months later...

If youre looking for Kubota dealer in Chiang Mai, here it is.

Anantaphan Tractor, Sarapee Amphur, telephone no. 053-963-625

On the super highway, heading south, a few km past the Hang Dong (Global House) exit, on the right.

The previously quoted source for Kubota in Chiang Mai (Metro Machinery) is now a CAT dealer.

• 5 months later...

Tim

can you advise me of any types of farm machinery i could buy for my wifes family...i am going to live near kalasin soon and i need an income coming in...my wife told me if i buy some farm machinery i can make good money on rental...also her family have some rai of rice and sugar.....

• 5 weeks later...

Tim

I am looking for a back hoe attachment for a Kobuta L3408.

Jerry

• 7 months later...

I am afraid that I can not completely agree with you.

Yes,2nd tractor is cheap,but it will cost much money to maintain as time goes on.Because I worked in Shandong Pengreng as an engineer,I deeply know that fact,Higher prices you buy,Longer time you use,so,QUALITY IS THE ESSENCE.

121.jpg

I find that there are many farm tractor manufacturers in Thailand.Thailand tractors are exported to India and other countries bondering on Thailand.

Weifang Jihang rubber co.,ltd has a good cooperation with many companies over the world. The tractor tyre,trailer tyre.

jh49.jpg

Archived