'Anonymous' hackers' group declares 'war' on ISIL

webfact

'Anonymous' hackers' group declares 'war' on ISIL

606x341_317221.jpg

PARIS: -- The hackers’ collective known as “Anonymous” has apparently responded to the attacks on Paris by declaring war on ISIL in a video posted on YouTube.

In the as-yet-unverified video a spokesperson wearing the group’s signature Guy Fawkes mask said the group would use its expertise to wage “war” on the militant group which is also known as Islamic State, ISIS or by its Arabic acronym Daesh.

Despite talk of war, Anonymous is best known for attacking the websites of companies and government agencies whose interests conflict with the free, unfettered spread of information.

Those operating under its banner have in the past disrupted ISIL’s social media recruitment efforts and could try to target the group’s other communications networks.

The declaration is not the first time the “hacktivist” group has targeted ISIL.

After the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January, a Belgian offshoot of the group said it was “declaring war” against “al Qaeda, Islamic State and other terrorists”.

It later boasted about shutting down a French website associated with extremists and helping get 1,500 IS-supporting Twitter and Facebook accounts off line.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-17

Anons took down 1000s of Daesh Twitter accounts after Charlie Hebdo.
And they have already shut down 1000s of Daesh propaganda websites..

The current phase of operation (OpISIS) is based on rooting Daesh sites, copying their databases, and then corroborating with DoD..

They've been more effective than any government organisations in stopping Daesh propaganda.

And don't underestimate the role they played in the Arab Spring,..

I doubt that will scare them.

ISIS is very tech savvy. They use propaganda like the Nazis did, and are too overly proud of it. Maybe just like throwing a stone at a tank, but I would like to think by blocking their sites is giving some little perverted bastard, sitting in his hole, the squirts.

The current phase of operation (OpISIS) is based on rooting Daesh sites, copying their databases, and then corroborating with DoD..

They've been more effective than any government organisations in stopping Daesh propaganda.

So they're responsible for this mess? I thought it was Bush, Blair, et al.

I doubt that will scare them.

ISIS is very tech savvy. They use propaganda like the Nazis did, and are too overly proud of it. Maybe just like throwing a stone at a tank, but I would like to think by blocking their sites is giving some little perverted bastard, sitting in his hole, the squirts.

Nothing tech savvy about propaganda and the nazis, and they are probably more likely to concentrate on infiltration and eavesdropping. Blocking websites is mere amusement for the hackers.

I don't think the NSA et al would have any problem getting stuff off servers themselves.

It is funny when these teenage wannabes call their pitiful attempts at hacking "operations".

In my experience of their work, their "operations" are a joke and rely on using other peoples' tools to exploit only the most poorly protected resources.

Plus I would think the feds would not want some overexcited teenagers interfering with their own activities!

Archived