Krabi '@Thonglor' pub owner shot dead over broken glass dispute

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this footage on a Thai TV station yesterday. What shocked me was the cool and calm manner that the gunman just walked up behind the victim, put the gun slowly behind his head, fired and calmly walked away. Later, it made me think on a broader issue, and if there are professional sociologist reading this then can they clarify my thoughts. In a country like Thailand, where compulsory conscription takes place, the raw young guy who enters the armed service is trained to use a fire arm, does this same guy leave and return to civilian ways with not just with this new acquired skill, but with a mindset to accompany it as well?

Maybe some Vietnam vet may or may not have witnessed this change in their comrades mindset? Just trying to make sense/reason of maybe how maybe "conditioning" effects humans to react in, non reasonable situations. Thanks

Probably less, not more likely behaviour from ex-military - at least the military instills some degree of self-discipline into guys.

Like the one a couple of weeks ago who stabbed his ex to death on Walking Street ?

Not much self-discipline was instilled that nutter ?

Is it safe to say a good percentage of Thai men cannot hold their booze? What can one even say about this one. I thought they were friends! Friends stand up for each other. Friends have each others back, they do not shoot each other in the back of the head. Friendship is supposed to mean something. First of all, why was this insect allowed into the bar with a gun? And <deleted>? Who was this bar owner? Why make such a big deal over a broken glass? You are earning how much from this bar? And you cannot let a 20 baht glass go? Something about this story is bizarre, weird, surreal, and possibly fishy.

not buying it. more to it than just a glass.

maybe an ashtray as well !

No it wasnt just a glass. It was a table of glasses, some filled with drinks. They asked for 1500bt. He asked his friend to pay it. He refused, dead.

They just cant control themselves,like children in kindergarten, just do it and cry later. I also make a point of never ever going for a drink with a Thai not even a beer in the village with someone i know well, they are just too unpredictable.

You fear all Thais?, thats ridiculous, I cant imagine why you live here, you must be a hermit.

I avoid drinking Thais and policemen

They just cant control themselves,like children in kindergarten, just do it and cry later. I also make a point of never ever going for a drink with a Thai not even a beer in the village with someone i know well, they are just too unpredictable.

You fear all Thais?, thats ridiculous, I cant imagine why you live here, you must be a hermit.

How do you drink a thai ? I have sat and drank with my thai friend for the past 10 years and others and never an argument.

How do you drink a thai ? I have sat and drank with my thai friend for the past 10 years and others and never an argument.

A Thai in the process of drinking is a drinking Thai. I have read that Asian people in general are not genetically able to process alcohol efficiently, that combined with the short fuse that many Thai men have makes them dangerous to drink with and not just Thai men,many women seem to go bonkers after drinking over their limit. I have given Thai building workers a Leo each and sat down and had a chat with them but as soon as the Lao Kao comes out i'm off,even among good friends there is generally a loud argument which can, not always, ends in a fist fight. They never seem to know their limit, if its there they will drink to excess, not unlike me as a teenager.

Archived