Don Mueang airport's terminal 2 to open in December

webfact

Don Mueang airport's terminal 2 to open in December

BANGKOK, 20 November 2015, (NNT) – Renovation of Don Mueang airport’s passenger terminal 2 is 91.55 percent completed and is scheduled to open within December 2015.

Currently, Don Mueang airport accommodates an average of 90,000-93,000 passengers and 650 flights per day. The passenger terminal 2 will help reduce the density of passengers at the terminal 1. Given the new terminal, Don Mueang airport will be able to accommodate about 30 million passengers per year.

The Terminal 2 building at the airport will serve up to 70 percent of domestic passengers. At initial stage, it will be used by several airlines, namely Thai AirAsia, Nok Air, Lion Air, Thai Airways and Thai Smile.

From November 27, 2015, Don Mueang airport will launch Airport LimoBus Express service with 33 seats. Wireless Internet access will be provided on the bus. One bus route runs between the airport, Ploenchit area and Lumpini Park and the other route between the airport and Khao Sarn Road.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-11-20 footer_n.gif

Yep, having a seat on a bus with Wifi will certainly relieve the pain of passing through that antiquated, prick of a - so called - airport!

It's heaven compared to the worst large one in the world: Riyadh, and the worst small ones I've ever been in--in the Philippines.

My wife and I are picking up our daughter there on 2 December late afternoon. What's the current advice on short term parking there to achieve this. ? Is the amari hotel over the road a good option?

Earlier this year I went to pick a friend up and spent 70 mins looking for a parking space. Best to take a cab or park at the Amari and walk over.

We're flying out from DMK in Dec, down to Trang (and on to Lipe) on Dec 17th.

Will it be possible to find out which terminal we'll be flying out from? My current itinerary doesn't say anything about any terminal (as when booked there was only 1 terminal). Or will it make a difference ie. will they be walking distance from each other?

• 2 weeks later...

On 18.11. the other English newspaper writes it is not possible to open in Dec as planned, passengers would be walking through a construction site.

In the OP from 20.11. and other later news: it will open in December.

I just tried to find up-to-date news (December) in English as well as in Thai.

Nothing found.

Last what I read is that the decision would be made at a board meeting on Dec 2.

I would call this news silence "suspicious".

We have now Dec 5, the peak season starts in about 10 (!) days.

My bet: no terminal 2 for peak season and you will be shoving your way.

I am happy to be proofed wrong with up-to-date news.

Archived