Two farangs drugged and robbed by two women in Chiang Mai

rooster59

Two farangs drugged and robbed by two women in Chiang Mai

post-137452-0-49387100-1448091432_thumb.

Image: Manager.co.th

CHIANG MAI:-- Police in Chiang Mai are hunting for two Thai women who allegedly drugged and robbed two foreign tourists in the early hours of Friday morning.

The two men, reported to be an American, 72, and Canadian, 66, told police how they were approached by the two women whilst out drinking on Thursday night.

The men then agreed to go back to their hotel room with the women.

Manager Online reports how the men told officers that the women gave them some fruit to eat shortly after arriving back at their hotel room.

A short time later the men were unconscious and didn’t wake up until the following morning when they discovered they had been robbed.

The Canadian man told officers from Chang Phuek police station that two of his mobile phones, along with a credit card had been robbed, while the American man reported valuables totaling more than 100,000 Baht were missing from the room.

Further police investigations revealed the women had also managed to withdraw 50,000 Baht from the account of one of the men.

Police have said they believe they know the identity of one of the women who they have revealed is 50 years old and lives locally.

Police also added they expect to arrest the two women shortly.

In June, a 61 year old British tourist was robbed in similar circumstances after taking two Thai women back to his hotel room in Chiang Mai.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2015-11-21

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police know the 50 year old local woman?

Firstly, 50 year old lady, 10/10 for effort. Guys...no score I'm afraid.

I know the gals are getting a bit older in Loi Kroh but surely the junta and TAT should be looking at this.

Why no names and head shots...a donation? Guess there will be no finger pointing follow up coverage.

"Police have said they believe they know the identity of one of the women who they have revealed is 50 years old and lives locally."

Were those two farangs that drunk?

biggrin.png

You better have a good look at some of the 50 year old women around before you say that.

How many times has this happened. They never learn !!!

Stupid comment!

If they are holidaymakers ----- who would they learn from?

Maybe, oh wise one, you could station yourself at the airport to 'teach' them.

Ever heard of the web, reputation, etc? How do you ever learn about anything prior to direct experience? There's no shortage of easily available anecdotes, stories, warnings, and yes, even web based forums. Very easy to get the just within a 30 minute search.

Stupid comment!

If they are holidaymakers ----- who would they learn from?

Maybe, oh wise one, you could station yourself at the airport to 'teach' them.

Don't expect anything else from lee b. The guy deserves a lifetime achievment award for an over bundance of useless one line comments on TV.

Oh dear. Silly old boys.

Holiday ruined, bank account emptied all for the prospect of a bit of action with two Chiang Mai slappers.

Aren't you meant to get wiser with age?

She was 50 years of age and stole 100,000 bahts???? and all you got was a headache. You better wear a name tag with your address in case you get lost.

I used to live in Pattaya but "escaped" to Vietnam a couple of years ago.

I had three events in Pattaya--and BTW all the hookers and LBs are quite savvy with mobile phones.

1/ I kept getting about $3,000 of charges on my Visa. I called them and went over the list of charges. "But," I said, "I have never been to Chang Mai!" To Visa's credit they made me whole on the $3,000.

2/ I ended up at Pattaya Hospital and the doctors--cardiac guy and a neurologist, ostensibly, told me I had an epileptic seizure and my bill was over $3,000.

3/ About 2 months later, I take the girls to Bangkok to pick-up my renewed CAD Passport. I woke up, again, in Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital. Diagnosis: Epileptic Seizure. So I go back to Vancouver and get thororoughly checked out. I told my doctor, they got a kick-back from the hospital! Then, they got a kick-back from the Ambulance from BKK to Pattaya.

Gentlemen, they are evil, cunning, scheming shit and have no money so are white faces may as well have a target painted on our backs.

Oh dear. Silly old boys.

Holiday ruined, bank account emptied all for the prospect of a bit of action with two Chiang Mai slappers.

Yes but old Willy doesn't want to behave... Just wondering how attractive a 50-year old of Chiang Mai might be, wonder of nature or severe Myopia...

Police know the 50 year old local woman?

Firstly, 50 year old lady, 10/10 for effort. Guys...no score I'm afraid.

I know the gals are getting a bit older in Loi Kroh but surely the junta and TAT should be looking at this.

Why no names and head shots...a donation? Guess there will be no finger pointing follow up coverage.

• The usage of "firstly" is also deprecated by some modern style guides.[2] The Chicago Manual of Style further recommends that all such -ly forms be avoided, and that list items begin only with "first", "second", and so forth.[3]

to be fair on these blokes,this is probably there first time in Thailand and never hear the bad things that happens.Us regulars who are on this site know what happens.These elderly gentlemen probably don't know this site exists, and probably they don't know how to use a computer to.coffee1.gifwai2.gif

Actually I had a giggle over it all. I know 2 women - they HAVE to be 50 or over (if not,, they look it) and they have farang boy friends. I have seen one of them and they are really lovey dovey together. I don't have anything to say about you fellows - old or young. It goes right over my head. I accept it and don't condemn it. Mind you I feel sorry for these two old codgers just the same. I'm off to have another giggle.

Oh dear. Silly old boys.

"Aren't you meant to get wiser with age?"

In the case of the 50 year old lady, it certainly looks true.

The offering of fruit? ? Something lost in translation I suspect.

If I thought I was about to be laid by a slapper and she produced a mango, I'd be thinking erotica, not eating the bloody thing, but no alarm bells rang. Either they were very drunk or very stupid.

Archived