FISHING TOUR COMPANY

mercman24

just came across this company offering fishing tours, will not name them, ok, but the price for a trip to SARKUNA lake from BANGKOK is "wait for it " 6450 baht, real cost is 180 baht taxi fare each way and 100 baht to fish for the day, so total outlay of 460 baht, what a load of rip - off merchants..6000 baht profit, can't be bad

I think these Fishing Tour companies are targeting tourists and holiday anglers and not resident anglers like you and I. The prices are high, yes, but most of them provide transport, all the tackle required including bait for fishing, and meals for the anglers. They also provide the services of a knowledgeable fishing guide. Who, from what I have seen, does everything except winching in any catches. So I guess they rack up a fair amount of expenditure with all of their overheads. It’s not my idea of a day’s fishing, as I like to be 100% hands on, but it will suit some people.

Tight Lines.

yes i can see where you are coming from, but food is 70 baht and to hire a rod for the day is 400, this is just an outlandish fee, to fish this venue, i know they are targetiing holiday makers, but imagine 4 customers, thats £26,00 baht, for what, a trip up the road basically. so if any one from abroad is reading this, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. ok

$200 sounds like a lot, until you take the trip of a lifetime, spend $2,000+ for airfare, $150 a night for a hotel, and burn up days of precious vacation time, then:

1) You get there on the wrong day of the week and the place is closed.

2) The taxi gets lost and you spend half your fishing day asking directions

3) The rental rods that look so nice on the website are utter garbage and you fight the equipment all day instead of the fish

4) You end up catching nothing because you don't have that magic lure that's been the ONLY thing that works this year.

5) A few hours in, you get really hungry and thirsty and you find out you should have brought your own food and drinks.

6) We all have our horror stories and lessons learned

In full disclosure, I don't use them either, But I wouldn't hesitate if I didn't live here. Besides, $200 for a western guide is cheap- and many Thai guides are even better at putting you on the fish.

Archived