Telling Immigration officers you work online, if questioned at border

I made a mistake with the access permission setting. Now it should work.

Content writing, affiliate marketing and travel blogging.

It is said by some that "affiliate marketing" is another name for "Spamming".

Spamming activity centered in Thailand led to many sites/services worldwide rejecting any internet traffic originating from Thai ISPs/ Servers.

Bull;

the largest affiliate merchant is amazon.com u think they are spamming?

followed by many hotel booking websites ( like booking.com, agoda, expedia etc)

• Like 1

When I applied for two entry visa at an Embassy in Europe (country which I'm citizen) ... 4 months ago. Put "entrepreneur" into occupation and was asked what do I do.

Told them I own an online media company registered in Australia and work online, therefore I can travel indefinitely. They wanted to see the business registration and that I get paid in AUD to AU bank account. For the past year I work maybe 10-20 minutes a day on average, earn enough to support pretty good lifestyle. Maybe that's what some refer s "new rich" and some people seem to be envious of it.

The Embassy did not care, a year ago after raid into Chiang Mai co-working space everyone was let go, because Immi said they don't have problem with people working online. ThaiVisa contributors seems to be the only ones who actually see a problem here :)

• Like 2

When I applied for two entry visa at an Embassy in Europe (country which I'm citizen) ... 4 months ago. Put "entrepreneur" into occupation and was asked what do I do.

Told them I own an online media company registered in Australia and work online, therefore I can travel indefinitely. They wanted to see the business registration and that I get paid in AUD to AU bank account. For the past year I work maybe 10-20 minutes a day on average, earn enough to support pretty good lifestyle. Maybe that's what some refer s "new rich" and some people seem to be envious of it.

The Embassy did not care, a year ago after raid into Chiang Mai co-working space everyone was let go, because Immi said they don't have problem with people working online. ThaiVisa contributors seems to be the only ones who actually see a problem here :)

it isn't immigrations job to care but the labor department

I made a mistake with the access permission setting. Now it should work.

It is said by some that "affiliate marketing" is another name for "Spamming".

Spamming activity centered in Thailand led to many sites/services worldwide rejecting any internet traffic originating from Thai ISPs/ Servers.

Bull;

the largest affiliate merchant is amazon.com u think they are spamming?

followed by many hotel booking websites ( like booking.com, agoda, expedia etc)

Affiliate Marketing doesn't need to be spam. All you need is unique web content that drives traffic to your travel content and then connect by API to booking.com or hotelcombined and you get either a lead or a commission per booking.

The best would be still do have your own unique hotel database so you have a good chance to get all pages indexed for each property and then shot them off to the booking engine which doesn't have to be an external link but the whole process can be done from your website.

Tons of money to be made on this system.

• Like 1

./.and very important focus globally and don't only focus on Thailand, except if you have the content in Thai, Indonesian, Chinese, Russian etc - 90% of all my traffic is not to Thailand related or English traffic.

The Embassy did not care, a year ago after raid into Chiang Mai co-working space everyone was let go, because Immi said they don't have problem with people working online. ThaiVisa contributors seems to be the only ones who actually see a problem here smile.png

it isn't immigrations job to care but the labor department

Really? So who do you think arrests those that are working illegally, Immigration of course,

The Embassy did not care, a year ago after raid into Chiang Mai co-working space everyone was let go, because Immi said they don't have problem with people working online. ThaiVisa contributors seems to be the only ones who actually see a problem here smile.png

That's a great story about your two-entry Tourist Visa application in an EU country ... I am truly envious. And now you'll get to tell it twice as often.

Staying long long term on tourist visa, living in the same long term rental at a steep discount is not what the Tourist folks generally have in mind. How any of these arguments will fare when bounced against the simple argument "hey, I am here and spending money in Thailand", only time will tell

HA HA HA! "Steep discount"...since when farangs have gotten that kind of deals in Thailand?! More like the exact opposite.

Some people just do not like remote workers no matter what. They absolutely hate the fact the world has changed and where you work from does not matter that much anymore.

For Thailand it is a win-win situation. Money coming in, 5-15 times of average Thai salary per month. No obligations to pay anything back, like social security or even hospital bills.

Let's say 53 year old remote worker and 53 year old early retiree, both receiving the same amount of money per month...are you honestly going to say that 53 year old retiree is somehow more valuable to Thailand or his home country than that still working other guy?!

"Some people just do not like remote workers no matter what. They absolutely hate the fact the world has changed and where you work from does not matter that much anymore."

In fact it does matter - if you spend more than 180 days in this country you are liable for tax on the moneys you earn pursuing your career, worldwide. USA, amongst many countries has always taxed citizens on worldwide earnings - so little has "changed", other than it is easier to conceal your illegal earnings from your own (and your host) govts.

Foreign income of residents is only subject to Thai income tax if remitted to Thailand in the year earned.

The vast majority of the worlds employees/self employed live from pay day to pay day and it's reasonable to assume remote workers (DN's) are no different. So many of those living/working here for more than 6 months of the year are remitting income earned in the same year. I doubt any of them are declaring this income to the Thai revenue department and paying any tax due.

• Like 1