Translation for these inscriptions

Cpkt8

Pali has no standard script and is written in whatever alphabet is used in it's particular area (I.e pali in roman, thai, shan alphabets etc.)

That being said, who wrote it? Do you know the conditions under which it is written?

I ask because if it is a monk or layperson writing down a thai 'gathā' then you might want to see if they can write it again legibly. A couple of characters look like handwritten thai, or badly written tamil.

I can't tell if it's legit or if someone was practicing trying to write in a new language.

Pali has no standard script and is written in whatever alphabet is used in it's particular area (I.e pali in roman, thai, shan alphabets etc.)

That being said, who wrote it? Do you know the conditions under which it is written?

I ask because if it is a monk or layperson writing down a thai 'gathā' then you might want to see if they can write it again legibly. A couple of characters look like handwritten thai, or badly written tamil.

I can't tell if it's legit or if someone was practicing trying to write in a new language.

Long story. It's hard to explain who wrote it. I'm not able to find the person anymore to ask for explanation. I post here because in case if it's Thai maybe someone who can read Thai can decipher. I suspect it could be ancient wordings, for example during the times of goddess of the universe NU WA?

Long story. It's hard to explain who wrote it. I'm not able to find the person anymore to ask for explanation. I post here because in case if it's Thai maybe someone who can read Thai can decipher. I suspect it could be ancient wordings, for example during the times of goddess of the universe NU WA?
That's very interesting.

; I've learned many different SE asian scripts but have never seen anything like that. Good luck!

Hopefully someone can decipher this.

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitely not Thai or Thai script.

Archived