10 million baht cocaine bust at Krabi airport

webfact

10 million baht cocaine bust at Krabi airport

30273569-02_big.JPG

KRABI: Two Thai women were arrested for their alleged role in the smuggling of cocaine worth Bt10.4 million into Thailand, Customs Department's Investigation and Suppression Bureau (ISB) and Police's Narcotics Suppression Bureau announced in a press conference yesterday.

ISB director Vichak Apirugnunchai said that one suspect, Siriwan Yodtheerak, 32, was arrested on Sunday morning at Krabi International Airport after officials found 2.6 kilograms of cocaine in her luggage, which was delivered after her flight from Manila on Saturday.

Siriwan then implicated Aew Wijit, 34, whose African boyfriend had allegedly hired Siriwan at Bt60,000 to pick up the luggage and deliver it to Krabi City. Aew was later arrested at Hometel Hotel in Krabi. Siriwan, meanwhile, claimed that she agreed to smuggle drugs for the first time due to financial problems.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Princess-presides-over-UN-meet-on-alternative-deve-30273569.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-24

" whose African boyfriend had allegedly hired Siriwan"

The proverbial African boy friend story .... they're such a nice lot those guys, when will those Thai lady

will ever learn? never I guess, as there's tones of drugs out there, millions of African boyfriends and

thousands of gullible stupid women who's willing to take the risks....

Wow, that is a huge bust. Clearly, they are sending the stuff through the smaller airports in the hopes that sleepy locals at Immigration dont bother checking. Or perhaps it got picked up first at the international airport then tracked to Krabi for the bust. Hope they get the Big Boss here but its very likely that he is protected.

...again....how can you attach any credibility to the account of a criminal.....

...all too cliche all the time....

...and so often.....'first time'.......more likely first time caught.....and they could easily check from the passports and booking records etc....

....and bank accounts and assets.....

....the criminals are poor innocent victims......except if they are foreigners...

The proverbial African boy friend story .... they're such a nice lot those guys, when will those Thai lady

will ever learn? never I guess, as there's tones of drugs out there, millions of African boyfriends and

Quite right and I can't understand why the Thai government doesn't spread awareness to these Thai ladies getting involved with Africans men especially from Nigeria and Ghana, where several such cases happened with Thai ladies ending in jails in foreign countries because of these criminals Africans parasites who are too many in Thailand conning and in drug business. I wish the Thai government stopped issuing entry to these parasites.

The takeaway here is. Manila is a better place to score a gram. Likely it arrived by boat on one of the countless islands, then from there... These clowns got involved. The barons rely on weight of numbers to win the war on drugs, for every big bust, others get through, every single day. Bank on it. They do. Also, the breathless and oft inflated Street value is not the loss the Baron wears, he gets it for relatively little buying in bulk, marks it up, and sells it to a middleman, and so on... Further down the chain, the less profit can be extracted, and the higher the risk. A business for losers to be sure, which is why your African dregs are so well represented.

Well you know these Thai Girls they love the "BIG BAMBOO"

The takeaway here is. Manila is a better place to score a gram. Likely it arrived by boat on one of the countless islands, then from there... These clowns got involved. The barons rely on weight of numbers to win the war on drugs, for every big bust, others get through, every single day. Bank on it. They do. Also, the breathless and oft inflated Street value is not the loss the Baron wears, he gets it for relatively little buying in bulk, marks it up, and sells it to a middleman, and so on... Further down the chain, the less profit can be extracted, and the higher the risk. A business for losers to be sure, which is why your African dregs are so well represented.

My guess is the wheels are much better greased in Manila maybe? This still a big bust even at half the price. I reckon we can count on it being significant to someone.

Just a guess though.

Archived