Annoying Loudspeaker Announcements

Beng

don't listen, just cut the lines. I did it last year. Now I have peace...

I can see it now in the news forum, headline reads Farang caught vandalizing the public safety communication system. ...with a photo of the reenactment , the farang pointing at the pole and wires in shame.

Edited by daoyai

Easy to forget that a large percentage of the population, especially the older generation are still illiterate, so they still like their local news delivered by the Thai equivalent of the Town Crier.Got to be better than living next door to a mosque, even though the faithful are quite capable of setting the alarms on their smartphones these days.

• 2 years later...

Well, it's February 2018/2561 and they distorted megaphone is still blasting away. Too bad I don't speak Gibberish or I'd translate. Sappy songs about farm boy warrior leaving his sweetie to go down south and fight the evil clods who want to steal Thailand. Usually it's at 6pm for half an hour but today music and stern announcements about drinking while driving having been going on all day in Pa Tan, CM. The megaphones are all over the neighborhood. Nobody notices. One is right above a barber shop where I went for a haircut. The barber and I were yelling at the top of our voices to converse. At least it drowns out the dog packs and roosters and low flying airliners for a while.

So why do we live here again? Oh right. It's cheap, hot, and cheap. Hey, I haven't seen the latest standings on the Farang Balcony Diving League. The fishwife's relations throw a "Diving Party". One... Two... THREE and Whoaaaaa! Wow, look at that form! 9 out of 10. He doesn't get perfect score cuz he hit an overhang on the way down. Ah yes, life in the sweet folds of the Old Lanna Empire...

2 hours ago, GoldenTriangle said:

Well, it's February 2018/2561 and they distorted megaphone is still blasting away. Too bad I don't speak Gibberish or I'd translate. Sappy songs about farm boy warrior leaving his sweetie to go down south and fight the evil clods who want to steal Thailand. Usually it's at 6pm for half an hour but today music and stern announcements about drinking while driving having been going on all day in Pa Tan, CM. The megaphones are all over the neighborhood. Nobody notices. One is right above a barber shop where I went for a haircut. The barber and I were yelling at the top of our voices to converse. At least it drowns out the dog packs and roosters and low flying airliners for a while.

So why do we live here again? Oh right. It's cheap, hot, and cheap. Hey, I haven't seen the latest standings on the Farang Balcony Diving League. The fishwife's relations throw a "Diving Party". One... Two... THREE and Whoaaaaa! Wow, look at that form! 9 out of 10. He doesn't get perfect score cuz he hit an overhang on the way down. Ah yes, life in the sweet folds of the Old Lanna Empire...

Do everybody a favor and get lost.