Clay bar a car at carwash before waxing, where can they do it ?

My Everest came home last night. It's covered in tiny little pieces of steel, because the loaner parked it next to construction workers cutting roof trusses. It's even bonded to the windows.

Time for me to start all over again sad.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

My Everest came home last night. It's covered in tiny little pieces of steel, because the loaner parked it next to construction workers cutting roof trusses. It's even bonded to the windows.

Time for me to start all over again sad.png

Nothing like a challenge ...MY16 might be the way to go
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2015 at 10:32 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

OK, for the op, here is one of the high end wash and polish shops in patts, which also does "glass" coatings. I checked and they use professional grade maguire mirror glaze polishes and can't remember the wax but I'm sure it's good stuff. They quote 4k for wash-polish-wash for a four-door pickup. For the glass coating it's 30-45k, which is good for 5-10 years respectively. If one does the glass bit, no need for any polishes during that time...just wash and wax.

They are located on Sukie, west side, between south and central roads. There are many of these shops in patts so you may want to shop around...I'm not endorsing this shop just providing the info (they are right next to the shop that did my annual testing and registration that I picked up this morning).

post-167660-0-83002000-1448508565_thumb.

post-167660-0-02110600-1448508615_thumb.

Hello, anybody went to this place ?

Good for cleaning / wax ? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
22 minutes ago, hansened said:

where to get clay bars in Ptty ? 

You should be able to buy one from any 'quality' detailer .... failing that www.thaiwashercarclub.com  ... be prepared to pay over 1000thb ... the ones from aliexpress are, in my opinion, too hard ...

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

LOL, I want to buff/ polish my 1995 Civic, spray the bumpers and nano ceramic coating...Does anyone know where to do it and the price? BTX, I don't want to travel to far from Jangwattana.

Thx,

David

• Like 1

5 hours ago, djbarry said:

LOL, I want to buff/ polish my 1995 Civic, spray the bumpers and nano ceramic coating...Does anyone know where to do it and the price? BTX, I don't want to travel to far from Jangwattana.

Thx,

David

I recommended to a guy on this forum who goes under the name of 'Wood' where to get some paintwork done and he was very pleased with the result ... I don't have a phone number but it's very close to 13.823597 100.560251 ...on Vibhavadi Rangsit Alley Soi 30 ... I have also used them.

It is the Soi just past Tri Petch ... if you go I suggest that you turn into Tri Petch 'by mistake' and then you drive straight out and into the next soi ... miss it and it's a big U-Turn!!

I can recommend a detailing shop at about 13.799950 100.561155 ... There is a guy there I know called Tony and he  speaks english ... he is not always at his business ... PM me for his mobile if you want .

snip of the paint shop attached ...building before knife and fork!!

LOOK AT this topic ...

5ae454f70a85b_PaintShop.JPG.c912d997446b3a3df5a91481b2579d83.JPG

Edited by JAS21
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2015 at 10:32 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

OK, for the op, here is one of the high end wash and polish shops in patts, which also does "glass" coatings. I checked and they use professional grade maguire mirror glaze polishes and can't remember the wax but I'm sure it's good stuff. They quote 4k for wash-polish-wash for a four-door pickup. For the glass coating it's 30-45k, which is good for 5-10 years respectively. If one does the glass bit, no need for any polishes during that time...just wash and wax.

They are located on Sukie, west side, between south and central roads. There are many of these shops in patts so you may want to shop around...I'm not endorsing this shop just providing the info (they are right next to the shop that did my annual testing and registration that I picked up this morning).

post-167660-0-83002000-1448508565_thumb.

post-167660-0-02110600-1448508615_thumb.

Nice shop, but for cleaning, they do for 500 thb what ANY car wash can do better for 100 thb...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, myjawe said:

Nice shop, but for cleaning, they do for 500 thb what ANY car wash can do better for 100 thb...

Same experience here, so idiot to pay 500 when other places can do it for 100...

Do you know any place to clay a car around Pattaya ? Why it doesn't seem famous in Thailand when it's actually essential ?

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 3:13 PM, scoupeo said:

Has anybody found a place to clay your car around Pattaya ? Why Thai don't even know what is a clay bar ? is there any alternative ?

Yes...pm me your address and I’ll send you a bit... with instructions...then you can diy

• Like 1

Honda now do a sorta clay bar, if thats meant to make the paint look good. They now inhouse bodywork, they just re coated wifes  1  year Accord as contract. Not much of a fuss pot personally, but this was a superb job, even i noticed .Normally im just polite to friends who proudly show me paint stuff, looks just the bloody same to me.They were doing a Benz perhaps they do other makes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Are you always so ignorant or is it you like to ride the Thai bashing bandwagon ?575855970_claybar.jpg.4d3e62d4e9e6158863f6880f2f554b9c.jpg

Another champion who doesn't even know that this $hit place is closed since March ! And I will never use their service again, they are ridiculous !

What about coming again when you have something smart and useful to say ? champion !

9 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Honda now do a sorta clay bar, if thats meant to make the paint look good. They now inhouse bodywork, they just re coated wifes  1  year Accord as contract. Not much of a fuss pot personally, but this was a superb job, even i noticed .Normally im just polite to friends who proudly show me paint stuff, looks just the bloody same to me.They were doing a Benz perhaps they do other makes

how much did you pay ?

5 minutes ago, SePl said:

Another champion who doesn't even know that this $hit place is closed since March ! And I will never use their service again, they are ridiculous !

What about coming again when you have something smart and useful to say ? champion !

You should drop in and tell them they are closed because it will be news to them, Champ and FWIW they opened in May so not at all surprising they were closed in March as the place was still being built !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

You should drop in and tell them they are closed because it will be news to them, Champ and FWIW they opened in May so not at all surprising they were closed in March as the place was still being built !!

Are you born like this or you became later ?

You don't even know that the first quick car wash is at pattaya, how ridiculous to keep speaking ?

and it's closed since march ! you champion !

7 hours ago, SePl said:

You don't even know that the first quick car wash is at pattaya, how ridiculous to keep speaking ?

No he,s telling as it is...been OPEN for the past few months :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, SePl said:

you know they are open don't you ?