Living in Korat

Kenny202

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never lived there, but I wonder why you say that Korat is "Obviously not farang friendly".

friendly probably out of context. Of course I want to live somewhere with friendly people but I don't need big farang facilities like say Udon. Nice for a day trip though

I live in Korat 6 months A year.There use to be A farang forum.Not sure if it's still up.There are farang food restaurants in Korat.Might have to look.As far as renting I'm not sure about prices.If your not 100% sure you want to live in korat maybe rent A low priced hotel for awhile and go from there.

Korat is a toilet

That's why it's cheap

Location is the key to cost as it is everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy look, the OP is looking for help not ignorant comments such as yours.

It's sound advice pal

Butt out

Have you been to Korat?

Korat is a toilet

That's why it's cheap

Location is the key to cost as it is everywhere

Guy look, the OP is looking for help not ignorant comments such as yours.
It's sound advice pal

Butt out

Have you been to Korat?

Ive spent much time in Korat. Have many local friends there. As far as butting out, aint gonna happen. Take your insulting troll post somewhere else.

Korat is probably my favorite town in Thailand. Good country people in those parts. That city is the safest I have felt in Thailand also. If you like farang nightlife not the place for you though.

before moving to thailand for over 10yrs.we visited the wifes sister who mover there from bkk.a couple of yrs.before we moved we looked far and wide.

but found korat was for us.been here 6yrs.and wouldnt go anywhere else.

if you want to keep to yourself,as they say UP TO YOU.

Korat is probably my favorite town in Thailand. Good country people in those parts. That city is the safest I have felt in Thailand also. If you like farang nightlife not the place for you though.

before moving to thailand for over 10yrs.we visited the wifes sister who mover there from bkk.a couple of yrs.before we moved we looked far and wide.

where abouts is "here"?

We live in Chaiyaphum now and love the mountains forests etc. Udon and Khonkaen for me pretty featureless. I know Korat have the national parks. Is it scenic like that?

I think we'll do a little trip there

Korat proper is pretty flat terrain.

where abouts is "here"?

"here" is KORAT and if you dont know its also known as NAKHON RATCHASIMA.

where abouts is "here"?

"here" is KORAT and if you dont know its also known as NAKHON RATCHASIMA.
Sorry mate. Misread Ur post. Thought you meant u went there didn't like it and moved somewhere else

I have lived in Korat for over a year now, its OK.

Its got everything I want except good meat pies, so I started making my own. thumbsup.gif

looks like u can rent a Tidy 2 or 3 br air con home for about 4 - 6k thb. Does that sound about right?

Its got everything I want except good meat pies, so I started making my own. thumbsup.gif

looks like u can rent a Tidy 2 or 3 br air con home for about 4 - 6k thb. Does that sound about right?

i dont think you will find a decent 2-3bed.house in a decent area for less than 8-10k.maybe a bungalow.homes on our moo-ban are around 15-25k month.

check out issan property's.

Kenny, if you are looking for a new place to live, you might want to try Kalasin, a small city, but has a large Tesco and Lotus, and is only about a 70 minute bus ride to KK for major shopping, or less than 60 minutes to Roi-et, where you can get most things that you might not find in Kalasin. Kalasin is pretty flat, but has two nice small lakes, great for walking or running around, and is close to the Lam Pao Dam, a nice larger lake for swimming and relaxing. Loie, is a smaller city, that probably has cheap rents and has mountains all around. Or try out Nakhon Phanom, right on the Mekong, and with mountains near by. You say you aren't into the Farang night life scene, so pick a smaller city or even Provincial Town, lots of lovely ones to choose from, with cheap rents.

i dont think you will find a decent 2-3bed.house in a decent area for less than 8-10k.maybe a bungalow.homes on our moo-ban are around 15-25k month.

Where I live a good area close to the city (No flooding) 2 B/R houses from 7,500B to 11,000B, furnished.

Are there many farangs there? I did read somewhere the locals could be aggressive towards farang. Probably a generalization

I don't live in Korat, but a little south of it.

I am there often for various reasons.

I have never had a problem in the many years I have done this.

There is a pretty large farang population,

but it is nothing like the westernized tourist areas of the south and of Bangkok.

In my eyes, that is a very positive thing.

People are friendly and not agressive.

I can not understand why anyone would say Korat is not farang friendly.

It is not farang dominated, or westernized, but I find it very friendly.

Where I live a good area close to the city (No flooding) 2 B/R houses from 7,500B to 11,000B, furnished.

I am not in Korat, but very close to it.

I rent a very nice, brand new house two story, two bedroom, two bath,AC, nice big yard, good neighbors in a quiet, safe area and pay only 4,000 / month.

But the Thai night life is great, if you can fit in and learn your way around town!

I did not come to Thailand to spend time with farangs.

Archived