Foreign sunbathers get boot from Phuket park

webfact

Foreign sunbathers get boot from Phuket park
Phuket Gazette

pkt.jpeg
Those wanting to soak up the sun are advised to do so at the beach. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Phuket City Police forced three bikini-clad sunbathers soaking up the sun at Saphin Hin to re-dress themselves yesterday afternoon.

“I am aware that officers took this action to ensure the safety of the women,” Capt Chatchai Choonoo of Phuket City Police told the Phuket Gazette. “We do not have officers set up at this park, or other similar parks, to ensure the safety of women who might be sexually harassed while sunbathing in bikinis.”

Tourists and residents are better off sunbathing on the beaches, said Col Khunnadet Nanongkhai, Phuket City Police Deputy Superintendent.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Foreign-sunbathers-boot-Phuket-park/62460?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-27

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A country that have to warn their tourist not to sun bathe in a bikini in tourists spots just so the will not ne sexually harassed, has a lot to be answered for and can not

be called a tourists destination... wouldn't be much more prudent to be on a lookout for predators rather

than shoo tourist away and thus giving Thailand a bad name?

It doesn't take long to understand why Thai girls wear jeans and t-shirts while swimming in the sea...

It's called decency and sun protection. As a society we decided long ago to cover our body and move on from sex, hunt, gather to better things

Walking around naked is not what society is about(especially in Thailand). Might be enjoyable for some when the woman is hot but most of the time its downright upsetting because its the ugliest whales that cover the least.

The police are not using the word decency because the western civilization that mostly visits thailand have never heard of that word. Safety makes it easier for them to understand why they cant walk around naked and makes them a bit more scared to act out for attention by being naked in public.

It doesn't take long to understand why Thai girls wear jeans and t-shirts while swimming in the sea...

It's called decency and sun protection. As a society we decided long ago to cover our body and move on from sex, hunt, gather to better things

Walking around naked is not what society is about(especially in Thailand). Might be enjoyable for some when the woman is hot but most of the time its downright upsetting because its the ugliest whales that cover the least.

The police are not using the word decency because the western civilization that mostly visits thailand have never heard of that word. Safety makes it easier for them to understand why they cant walk around naked and makes them a bit more scared to act out for attention by being naked in public.

Bikini clad does not mean naked!!! And FYI it's now 2015

this response might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard!

this response might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard!

Maybe his wife needs to be covered up

This police action is consistent with the Law of the Land:

"There are always problems with tourist safety. They think our country is beautiful and is safe so they can do whatever they want, they can wear bikinis and walk everywhere," ... "But can they be safe in bikinis... unless they are not beautiful?" - Prayut, 2014-09-17

Prayut is correct. Thailand is not as safe as foreigners think.

Maybe it's time that TAT adopt the military's motto, "We are Thailand - Fear us"

A country that have to warn their tourist not to sun bathe in a bikini in tourists spots just so the will not ne sexually harassed, has a lot to be answered for and can not

be called a tourists destination... wouldn't be much more prudent to be on a lookout for predators rather

What shit.

If tourist are stupid enough to wear skimpy bikiki and things in public parks they are asking for trouble as parks are more a place for Thai families. With children, so they should respect that. Keep it for the beaches. Fair play to the police on this case, he could have just saved them from being raped. Or worse.

Ahhhh, so a girl n a bikini gets raped and its her fault. I get it.

Sadly the majority of foreigners in Thailand don,t seem to get that. It's the i,ll do as i damn please attitudes of the foreigners that piss off the Thais. Seen far too many half naked foreign women walking down main street and into shops. I wonder why the Thais do not respect us. Get a grip this is Southeast Asia not Brazil !

It's not helping matters . Is it?

What shit.

If tourist are stupid enough to wear skimpy bikiki and things in public parks they are asking for trouble as parks are more a place for Thai families. With children, so they should respect that. Keep it for the beaches. Fair play to the police on this case, he could have just saved them from being raped. Or worse.

Ahhhh, so a girl n a bikini gets raped and its her fault. I get it.

What shit.

DELETED

We can't have children looking at the human body, can we. Let's teach them as young as possible that it is something to be avoided and ashamed of. Let's instill in them a feeling of guilt and embarrassment about one of the most natural things in the world.

Bikini clad does not mean naked!!! And FYI it's now 2015

Thank you. Thai society does not exactly have an aversion to sex. It is used to sell everything, and the country has a sex industry that is only topped in size by the US. So, lets dispense with this false modesty.

OMG! A foreigner that finally gets it. i totally agree with you. Sadly the majority think its asking too much. Would you walk around half naked in your own country ?

Sadly the majority of foreigners in Thailand don,t seem to get that. It's the i,ll do as i damn please attitudes of the foreigners that piss off the Thais. Seen far too many half naked foreign women walking down main street and into shops. I wonder why the Thais do not respect us. Get a grip this is Southeast Asia not Brazil !

What rubbish.

The Thai's that you suggest are offended, have no problem with the other Thai's dancing on poles, wearing very little, or nothing at all.

How many "half naked" Thai's have you seen walk down the street with a foreigner, on the way to his hotel room?

The reason Thai's have no respect for foreigners is because we are seen by them as foolish with our money, not because of a lack of respect for Thai culture.

"Get a grip" - this is Thailand.

The fat sexpats who called me stupid are so out of touch with reality that they do not know that even in western countries you will be arrested for wearing a pikini in a CITY PARK and you are also not allowed to enter shops in the city in a bikini.

Ok on the beach, you expect it but still. Most whales now are wearing bikinis with 0 fabric, its not something i want myself or my children to be subjected to. We're not 300+ years ago when people actually moved all day and had human bodies. Now its fat blobs of goo that is as far as natural as any toilet cleaning product.

What rubbish.

The Thai's that you suggest are offended, have no problem with the other Thai's dancing on poles, wearing very little, or nothing at all.

How many "half naked" Thai's have you seen walk down the street with a foreigner, on the way to his hotel room?

The reason Thai's have no respect for foreigners is because we are seen by them as foolish with our money, not because of a lack of respect for Thai culture.

"Get a grip" - this is Thailand.

We all know you've never left your west coast if you had you would know that on the east coast Sapan Hin is not a place with poles or half naked thai girls. The reason Phuket town is so expensive is because normal thais want nothing to do with the kind of western or thai people that live on the west coast.

If my town is a tourist destination promoting sun and sand a bikini in pretty much everywhere is normal attire. Try going to the gold coast in oz, girls in cafes n bikinis. Bay of islands in NZ (in summer) same. Byron Bay in Oz, same.

Just about every resort town for sun and sand on the planet has girls in bikinis everywhere.

And your comment about my bar girl proves you are just trolling.

I have a hard time understanding some people, I mean really hard time.

In a historical perspective, like 200 000 years or so, homo sapiens walked around naked, that changed because of the last ice age, between 100 000 and 12 000 years ago.

Then we put on clothes to not freeze to death.

A practical approach to not being nude, but as soon as the sun thawed up the ice, we threw away our clothings or at least hunted and killed some bears, deers or wolfs to get our fashion style clothes again when it was chilly or cold.

In all year around colder climates we kept clothing ourselves in the winter time as well as summertime.

In Africa and Asia, phuking christians and came along and pose as the world leaders, forcing people without clothes to put them on starting some 1 200 years ago. For NO apparent reason, people living in tropical/very varm climates had to put on an extra skin.

Makes any sense to anyone?

If everyone would walk around naked, the "especially american" hypersexuality would probably disappear in less than two weeks, constant erections for a while, but when the news worn out, I guess the naked body will be what it is, a naked body like we all have, although I must admit, some have more than others, but what does it matter.

Female breasts would become feeding packages again.

The obsession modern people (ok, that was a bit of a stretch to include Thai's and other asians) have for sex are way beyond the benefit and satisfaction.

It's like some enjoy sex more before than during sex, or get more exited talking about it.

A hundred years ago, men almost came in their pants seeing a bare ankle on a woman. How weird isn't that.

Now imagine Thai's that only can watch a wet tee shirt contest with bras underneath, they go berserk seeing a woman in bikini, almost nothing to hide from their imagination but I think it's the person imposing restrictions on someone else is having that very same psychological deficiency.

As everyone else, I ENJOY sex a lot, but my life isn't focused on sex, and it's not a public matter either.

Coming from a HEALTHY family thinking nudity is the most normal thing in the world, only surpassed by sleeping, eating, pissing and taking a dump, none of it being public matters as they all are normal bodily behaviour for EVERY person in the world.

Without sex there wouldn't be any homo sapiens in the world, but now it seems like people are only thinking about nudity and sex even if the globe is overcrowded.

We have sex and think sex anywhere at anytime, according to people who are the most ferocious seekers of people showing some skin.

All of a sudden some people have protect everyone else from nudity and sex, as it were something dirty or something to be ashamed of.

THAT'S what I can understand, when did it become shameful, ugly or dirty showing your skin, having sex or just sharing an erotic moment with someone?

Apparently it's not for our eating disorders, which some might stem from our psychological hiccups with sex, but we do have the very same condemnment towards obesity.

And why are women sluts just because they enjoy sex with someone, maybe not the same partner all the time, shouldn't it apply to us men also when we do?

All of a sudden, women that wears bikini in a public park, trying to get a tan, are objects from sexual predators, and no action is taken to protect them from physical attacks instead of shooing them off.

Must be the park staff are afraid they would become the sexual aggressor.

The fat sexpats who called me stupid are so out of touch with reality that they do not know that even in western countries you will be arrested for wearing a pikini in a CITY PARK and you are also not allowed to enter shops in the city in a bikini.

Ok on the beach, you expect it but still. Most whales now are wearing bikinis with 0 fabric, its not something i want myself or my children to be subjected to. We're not 300+ years ago when people actually moved all day and had human bodies. Now its fat blobs of goo that is as far as natural as any toilet cleaning product.

Ahh somit only that you dont find them attractive.

By the way, its not a city, its a tourist resort island. I suggest you move to Utah.

Archived