Poor stock control management at Makro Chiang Rai

DonaldBattles

I just figure it's like complaining about the weather, it's not really going to change because I want it to. I also don't like limiting my choices over something so insignificant in my view.

Sorry that I have to correct you again.

The weather you can't change, your shopping behavior you can easily.

I have never seen at Makro anything of quality that isn't available at another supermarket in the same area. From the other side I have seen many low quality items at Makro that aren't available at other shops, but I'm confident that weren't the items you had in mind with you choice limitations.

Sure, you can change your shopping behavior but isn’t it easier to change ones emotional reactions, rather than refusing to go someplace because they don’t do things the way they do it back home, in a place Thais have never been and know nothing about.

We only go to Makro every month or two for some items we like to buy in bulk. At times it is more convenient and nice to have the option. I am guessing there might be a price difference as well but I have never checked. I have never spent more than a minute waiting to get my bill stamped and have never seen it as either an insult or inconvenience.
If it is really that important to someone then by all means refuse to set foot in establishments that one finds offensive. Just don’t expect everyone to agree or be impressed.

Sure, you can change your shopping behavior but isn’t it easier to change ones emotional reactions, rather than refusing to go someplace because they don’t do things the way they do it back home, in a place Thais have never been and know nothing about.

We only go to Makro every month or two for some items we like to buy in bulk. At times it is more convenient and nice to have the option. I am guessing there might be a price difference as well but I have never checked. I have never spent more than a minute waiting to get my bill stamped and have never seen it as either an insult or inconvenience.
If it is really that important to someone then by all means refuse to set foot in establishments that one finds offensive. Just don’t expect everyone to agree or be impressed.

You must like your own voice, because what you say in your last line, did i make clear already 6 post ago yet you tried to argue about.

You must like your own voice, because what you say in your last line, did i make clear already 6 post ago yet you tried to argue about.

I thought we were having a civil conversation about different approaches to dealing with things that come up in Thailand. Sorry if I stepped on sensitive toes.

Just a heads up for those who don’t like having to get an additional stamp on their receipt after paying at the cashier. Sahaphaiboon hardware store next to Suzuki requires that you step over to another counter on the way out to get your receipt stamped, or at least they did the last time I was there.

Send many Complains by E-Mail to the Makro Head Office in Bangkok.

Maybe it will help.whistling.gif

Robinsons

If that doesn't work, write your complaint on a piece of paper. make it into a paper airplane. toss it over the railing of the bridge of your choice. It will be just as effective.

They don't seem to notice how bad a lot of the stores smell. Fresh seafood should smell like ocean water; not rotten fish. Makro seems to be the only place to buy large Tiger Beer by the case...don't know what's up with that, but it beats the pants off of Leo, but it ain't worth Heineken prices. And what's with this Citi Card only BS....My American credit card company pays for a lot of otherwise expensive flights...it would help if I could use it.

As far as inventory, Walmart is plagued with the same problems, and a lot of people just quit going and dealing with the circus. Their stock price shows it, and I believe Tesco has taken a similar beating. They get too big, and complacent. The next generation of kids will probably never know about Sears or JC Penny....all dinosaurs.

Perhaps, the world population over-shoot is starting to show, now. There is such a thing as carrying capacity. One can only cram so much crap in a 10 gallon bucket, then....it's all over the floor. I've got a feeling, it's going to get worse. Let's all hope not, at least yet. pg

Archived