Elderly British expat killed on Koh Samui

crusty

Brian was not, and never has been, a Hotelier. He retired and lived quietly on Koh Samui. He was at a Quiz Night at the Premier Club which he went to most Thursdays. Yes he only had one glass of wine. Yes he was killed when crossing the road to reach his car. Don't believe everything you hear in the BKK Post.

Elderly British expat killed on Koh Samui

ksa.png
Image: Khaosod.co.th

SURAT THANI:-- A 76 year old British man was fatally injured after being hit by a motorcycle as he crossed a road in Bangrak on Thursday night.

Khaosod Online names the man as Mr Brian Goddard who is believed to have lived on the island for more than 15 years.

Mr Goddard had been attending the quiz night at the Premier Sports Bar, as he did most Thursdays.

After leaving the bar, Mr Goddard was crossing the road when he was struck by a speeding motorbike.

Emergency services who attended the scene found Mr Goddard unconscious in the road. The driver of the motorbike, who has been identified as a Mr Atthapol Ekchat, 31, was also injured in the accident.

Both men were rushed to hospital where Mr Goddard was later pronounced dead.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

tvn.png
-- 2015-11-27

While I am not commenting on this tragic accident (I have no first hand knowledge of the details or circumstances) I have on several occasions witnessed several Thai youths "career" down this same badly lit street on motorbikes, many of which had no head or rear lights.

They showed absolutely no regard for their own, or any other persons safety. They were driving at speeds that would not allow them to stop safely in the event of a collision, in effect they were not in control of the bikes they were riding.

This was an accident waiting to happen, and no doubt on some other road and at some other time it will be disastrously repeated.

This is a tragic and avoidable loss of a decent and valued human being, a real and lasting tragedy for his family and friends.

Commiserations and condolences to them all...

While I am not commenting on this tragic accident (I have no first hand knowledge of the details or circumstances) I have on several occasions witnessed several Thai youths "career" down this same badly lit street on motorbikes, many of which had no head or rear lights.

They showed absolutely no regard for their own, or any other persons safety. They were driving at speeds that would not allow them to stop safely in the event of a collision, in effect they were not in control of the bikes they were riding.

This was an accident waiting to happen, and no doubt on some other road and at some other time it will be disastrously repeated.

This is a tragic and avoidable loss of a decent and valued human being, a real and lasting tragedy for his family and friends.

Commiserations and condolences to them all...

Well said, unfortunately they seem to be mostly young Male Thais, I have nearly collected several of them in my pickup overtaking cars on blind corners at high speed with no regard for their life or others.

The Thai punk will never be seriously punished -if at all-for speeding and causing the farangs death. You can be rest assured if the shoe was on the other foot the Thai victims family and police would be hounding the farang for money.

I wouldnt be surprised if the punk Thai tries to go after the dead farangs assets or money for ' medical' or loss of income.(sic)

The Thai punk will never be seriously punished -if at all-for speeding and causing the farangs death. You can be rest assured if the shoe was on the other foot the Thai victims family and police would be hounding the farang for money.

I wouldnt be surprised if the punk Thai tries to go after the dead farangs assets or money for ' medical' or loss of income.(sic)

With all respect, but accidents happen everywhere on this planet.

Sad that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. When I had my first big bike in the age of 18, I was also speeding with up to 180 km/h.

Nobody needed to wear a helmet at this time and also all my mates drove like Satan was behind them...

RIP........

With all respect, but accidents happen everywhere on this planet.

Sad that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. When I had my first big bike in the age of 18, I was also speeding with up to 180 km/h.

Nobody needed to wear a helmet at this time and also all my mates drove like Satan was behind them...

RIP........

And with all due respect there are accidents & there is negligent driving.

Archived