Bus from Utapao to Pattaya

JoePai

A good start that "Roong Reuang" starts business there.

If memory serves me right its the company that operates Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien.

AirAsia also seems to offer a shuttle for its flights again.

Goes to Central on beach road.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/872248-transfers-between-utapao-airport-and-pattaya/page-2#entry10127116

High season in U-Tapao.

My Air Asia flight arrives in Utapao @ 10.20 pm. Give 30 minutes for baggage collection and immigration, I hardly have time to catch the 11.00 pm bus.

At my offseason flight it took about 10 min from touchdown until leaving the building.

The building is a shack about the size of small Tesco tongue.png

edit

Just seen 10:20 PM, thats the flight from Singapore.

I was a bit confused (23:00 -> 11 PM).

AM/PM is not so widespread in Thailand, thats why you see 23:00 for the bus.

40 min?

Well, still doable and I guess the bus will wait anyway until the hall is empty as it is the only arrival at that late time to my knowledge.

My Air Asia flight arrives in Utapao @ 10.20 pm. Give 30 minutes for baggage collection and immigration, I hardly have time to catch the 11.00 pm bus.

Question, you mention Immigration. From where do you fly ? Domestic flights don't have to go through immigration.

Singapore. First time to Utapao.

edit

Just seen 10:20 PM, thats the flight from Singapore.

I was a bit confused (23:00 -> 11 PM).

AM/PM is not so widespread in Thailand, thats why you see 23:00 for the bus.

40 min?

Well, still doable and I guess the bus will wait anyway until the hall is empty as it is the only arrival at that late time to my knowledge.

Do you think they have telco booths at the airport where I can purchase a tourist SIM card ? Or that even if they do it'll be closed by then ?

When I was arriving in June there was merely anything noticeable.

Just checked some photos and not see a single telco advert/sign/booth.

My bet: the only thing you will get at 11 PM is the bus to Pattaya biggrin.png

You might have a wrong idea about the current state of this airport.

The hall has the size of a suburban supermarket, everyone just leaving ASAP.

Two short baggage lines.

No connecting flights, yours is the one and only flight at this time.

• 4 weeks later...
I shall recount my experience travelling from Pattaya to Utapao Airport.

I picked up a number posted by a TV member. The transport company is known The Crane Company (TCC). I actually saw their van parked at Utapao Airport and can confirm that the number given is the same as the number printed on the van.

For 3 days in Pattaya I called up TCC but nobody picked up the call. Likewise, nobody called back. So much for reliability.

Then I picked up another number given by a poster in Tripadvisor. According to the poster, if you fly by AirAsia you can call this number and there will be vans to pick you up at Central Festival (entrance directly opposition Baron Beach Hotel).

I called and a lady picked up the call. Later another chap by the name of Khun Somrat called me to confirm the date and time. I was happy because it would only cost me 250 baht.

On that fateful day, Khun Somrat failed to turn up at Central Festival. I called his mobile and he told me there was no booking from AirAsia. So what the poster in tripadvisor forum failed to mention was the van is only available if you book the AirAsia to Pattaya City flight, and not AirAsia to Utapao flight. If you book the flight to Pattaya City, AirAsia will arrange for Khun Somrat to pick you up at Central Festival.

It's about time some ThaiVisa members formed a transport service to Utapao Airport. I ended up paying 900 baht from Central Festival after the taxi driver quoted me 1,000 baht.

Do you know if the bus company offer Pattaya-UTapao from their bus terminal ?

Latest from Roong Reung:

They do offer a service from Pattaya to Utapao Airport daily @ 9.30 am.

However, at this moment, the frequency is only one trip per day. The cost is 250 baht and the bus leaves from Roong Reung Pattaya North Bus Terminal.

Yes. Roong Reung Pattaya North Terminal.

One trip per day at the moment, @ 9.30 am in the morning. The damage is 250 baht.

Thanks, when I went to Roong Reuang Coach at the Pattaya Bus Terminal on 4 DEC 2015, there was no information and even the staff was not sure about the time. Maybe now they will post a sign and sell tickets in advance ...This way they can make money.

Even if the some bus I saw at U-Tapao on my arrival was identified as Bell Travel , nobody at Bell office had any information either,

Yes. Roong Reung Pattaya North Terminal.

One trip per day at the moment, @ 9.30 am in the morning. The damage is 250 baht.

Thanks, when I went to Roong Reuang Coach at the Pattaya Bus Terminal on 4 DEC 2015, there was no information and even the staff was not sure about the time. Maybe now they will post a sign and sell tickets in advance ...This way they can make money.

Even if the some bus I saw at U-Tapao on my arrival was identified as Bell Travel , nobody at Bell office had any information either,

I made the enquiry @ Roong Rueng Thepprasit Terminal and that was what they told me.

The transport services from Pattaya to Utapao are pretty haphazard. I just wish one of us (TV members) can start a service.

• 5 weeks later...

There is a free minibus service provided by AirAsia (if you have a ticket - I checked this at an agent today) from the Beach Rd end of Central Plaza (opposite the police station). This is clearly marked at the stop Pattaya - UTapao, Mr Somruk 086 112 6019.

There is a free minibus service provided by AirAsia (if you have a ticket - I checked this at an agent today) from the Beach Rd end of Central Plaza (opposite the police station). This is clearly marked at the stop Pattaya - UTapao, Mr Somruk 086 112 6019.

I think you will find it is not free - you pay extra for the ticket (look at the price without the bus). The large bus for 150 Baht is not just cheaper but more comfortable.

Archived