May I ask your permission to join this comminity

Middle East

"Alcoholism, also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD) and alcohol dependence syndrome, is a broad term for any drinking of alcohol that results in problems.".

Is it causing you or anyone else any problems?

Yes, I think it is causing a problem to my wife.

We sleep on the same bed and after drinking too much alcohol she say I'm snoring VERY strong. She even made an audio recording of my snoring and produced it to me on the next day, oh my God!

If alcohol is causing problems in my life, I have an alcohol problem.

Everything else is just semantics.

Sadly, semantics sends millions to an early grave when they can't quite figure out if they're alcoholics or not. On the brighter side, you don't have to be an alcoholic to attend AA. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. It's in black and white.

So you're the only one who can decide if you can join the community.

Welcome to you if you do, best of luck to you if you choose not to.

Hi Middle East this alcohol thing is about you, not your wife, your boss, your kids, your friends. Sure many people might be affected by your drinking but what's important is what you think. As a practising alcoholic I was generally pretty uninterested in what other people thought about my drinking. This in time enabled me to progressively dismantle my life, getting rid of most people who cared for me, losing my job, massive debt, serious health problems - a downward spiral, a bit like being in an elevator in free fall that appeared to be speeding up as I plummeted, out of control, seemingly helpless and hopeless. I stepped off it a few years ago by quitting drinking and seeking help and support. This has worked for me. I am reasonably happy with my life as it unfolds today. I don't drink. My wife has never seen me drunk, likewise my two kids, born since stepping off the elevator. So what do you think about your drinking and what do you think about the quality of your life?

• 2 weeks later...

"Alcoholism, also known as alcohol use disorder (AUD) and alcohol dependence syndrome, is a broad term for any drinking of alcohol that results in problems.".

Is it causing you or anyone else any problems?

Yes, I think it is causing a problem to my wife.

We sleep on the same bed and after drinking too much alcohol she say I'm snoring VERY strong. She even made an audio recording of my snoring and produced it to me on the next day, oh my God!

Maybe you should try and sleep in the same bed one day?

I guess Chicog wasn't about snoring like a rhino. Is being on your daily dose of alcohol causing any problems like a verbal fight?

What would be if you'd just stop drinking for a week and see how you feel? Could you do that?

I found out that I'm also snoring, especially when I had some alcohol. But that's not all.

We usually have an argument when I drank more than my 3 small Leo's and to be honest, it's the alcohol that makes it happen that I see things different.

So I decided to quit drinking. No problems at all, I feel way better without it, like to have sex more often and my mouth doesn't smell like a pig's arse.

And I'm also smoking a pack of Buris a day, I don't know many girls who like to kiss an ashtray.

In addition, I always had to suffer when I drank more than two big ones. I'm glad that I never liked Saengsom.

Isn't it really weird that people pay for having a hangover, lose some money, friends and sooner, or later also their wives.

Wish you the power to quit your Saengsom, your body doesn't need that <deleted>, also called addiction.

I drink 2 liters of beer every day.

Is it too much or normal?

That is roughly six small ones / three large ones, if you do that EVERY day then it is a lot.

A lot is not necessarily too much.

Does it make you:- aggressive, argumentative, violent, unpleasant, short of money or friends, hungover, incapable of work, act or talk stupid?

Any of the above means you could do with cutting back, none of the above does not mean that you are not giving yourself a long term health problem.

Also depends on your age. Do you get an annual blood test? Any effect on liver or kidneys?

Perhaps a day or two off it every week would be beneficial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived