Water on Garden will not Dry Up.

Water left on my garden after a very heavy rainstorm around two weeks ago will not dry up.

One part on the ground, about two square metres, at one part the water is a few inches deep, stays the same every day.

Anyone know why? I have lived at this house for about ten years, and never seen this before.

Get a shovel ande a bucket. try bailing the small area dry of water with bucket if not swuccessful bailing water level down , start digging and see what you find. It might be one of several possibilities and I am not even going to venture a guess. You dont mention doing the obvious method I suggested nor anything else you may have attempted. To ask anyone else why might be a tad premature to some effort on your part to determine a cause

Like slapout ,not easy to say, but being a garden ,does the area get walked on a lot ,I would suspect compaction ,and drainage ,not happened before ,compaction and drainage problems build up over a period of time ,then , a heavy rainstorm comes and problems start .

Is the soil light, or heavy clay ,if it is a clay type soil ,could well be drainage .You could try and use a spike . a piece of rebo bar ,steel reinforcing rod ,with a point on ,and weld a cross piece on and spike the wet area ,and a yard or two around it ,see if that helps ,it will go away overnight ,you should know in a few days .

Archived