Planning To Move To Thailand

Nongwahyay

My wife (from Nongbualamphu) and I are planning to move/retire from Berlin to Thailand..... having considered Isaan and Chiang Mai, we are now seriously looking at the area between Chonburi and Rayong. I know that´s a large area, but I would be very grateful for any suggestions from knowledgable TV members on which places they would recommend (or advise against....) moving to in this area. We are not interested in bars or explicit tourist places - looking more for a quiet area and a moderately-priced house to rent - but not too far from the action, when the need calls!!!!!!!! We will be in Thailand for 3 weeks from the middle of November. Many thanks in advance...... :o

• 1 month later...
My wife (from Nongbualamphu) and I are planning to move/retire from Berlin to Thailand..... having considered Isaan and Chiang Mai, we are now seriously looking at the area between Chonburi and Rayong. I know that´s a large area, but I would be very grateful for any suggestions from knowledgable TV members on which places they would recommend (or advise against....) moving to in this area. We are not interested in bars or explicit tourist places - looking more for a quiet area and a moderately-priced house to rent - but not too far from the action, when the need calls!!!!!!!! We will be in Thailand for 3 weeks from the middle of November. Many thanks in advance...... :o

I have a place in Buriram, went up to Nong bua lam Phu, in may to my mates wedding, got a few mates up that way, it is a really nice part of Thailand, those lakes etc are superb, reminds me a bit of Wales.