Why You Seldom Find DELETED On The Isaan Forum.......

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I just wanted to say hi and a big thank you to all the "Farang"/ Baksida/ Foreign Experts and Expats" on this so well known forum for being so different to guys on the other ones. Reading through shows a huge difference. But why?

There's no grammar police, people seem to be more relaxed and I really appreciate many posters on this forum.

At least, all the Isaanjeros seem to understand that we all live under the same roof and nobody seems to have this "being a better person with a bigger one attitude."

Just walking through our Sunday market and having all these good looking eye candies around you with the ability to communicate with them outweighs the places with all the bitches beaches, mountains, or islands where all guys seem to be on LSD, or laughing gas without any laughter......cheesy.gif nobody here dies overdosed, with the usual coat of having had a heart attack, or a one way flight off the balcony....

We don't have the usual Ruskies, Jet ski scammers, no time sharing dudes are stealing our valuable time, not so many suicide bombers reside here and the food, let's take some Paad Thai, or a fantastic grilled chicken ( not KFC !!) as only two examples, there's no problem at all to find some decent local food.

I'm always shocked when I meet people who live in Pattaya for 20 years, but can't even chat with one of these nice looking ones nor can they order a simple noodle soup. Why would they even try such a cheap soup. Cheap isn't good, right?

Get your appetite on the road, but please eat at home. Just in case if you have such a cool wife like I do.

And of course, do I know some guys who think pretty much similar and not even ten elephants could take them to a Condo n Pattaya.

My five baht to life in Isaan. Benn Jangh?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To live in isaan you need to be more like a Thai in the way you live and behave and assimilate.

Rather live with the down to earth people up here than in the falang getto's.

Maybe the reasons this forum is more relaxed and accommodating.

Give me an Issan farang any day, rather than a bangkok farang. The money orientated Bangkokonian makes me puke sometimes and the holier than though attitude is something i was happy to leave in suburbialand uk. When one looks at the middle class toff of 30-40 years old, they would be lower than working class in uk, but seem to have this, I AM RICH attitude, very sad realy.

A lot of generalizing going on here. I am sure there are decent guy everywhere.

You're right. Some are young and need a career. Don't knock it, we have all been there at some point (or place) in our lives.

Many in Isaan are of older years and spend their time reminiscing about things that no longer exist.

Villagefaang is right when he writes, that most of the class warfare is directed from the bottom up. If it comes from farangs - and there a many of those around - then it is from those who converted to the red shirt movement. It reminds me of people converting to another religion, which usually makes them to the biggest fanatics of their new creed.

I think the biggest difference is that most of us that live in 'backofbeyondland' actually like the fact that we're not surrounded by other farangs with our asses firmly plonked on a bar stool by 9am. To many in the 'civilized' parts thats close to Hell on Earth and can't help but express their view that's we MUST all be on the verge of slashing our wrists in despair LOL

Then again don't hear many stories of us leaping off tall buildings...or in the Isaan context throwing ourselves under the wheels of the nearest etuk!

Most Farang - Thai relationships have a starting point called Pattaya. There are Farangs, that realize that Pattaya is a "Freak-Show" far removed from reality and leave for the sticks. It appears to me, that this decision works out quite well for most Farangs.

But let's face it: Sometimes things don't evolve as expected. Worst case: Farang want's out of something that has turned into an "unpleasant situation." Only to realize, that by trying to get out of this "unpleasant situation" will usually mean a loss of invested money ranging from 100% to 50%. Such a loss. in many cases, would make it impossible to maintain a comfortable lifestyle for the Farang in the future.

Sometimes it may be the better solution to remain in this "unpleasant situation" =wearing some golden chains around the ankles, instead of.......

Fortunately, this is rather the exception than the rule. Isn't it?

Cheers.

Most Farang - Thai relationships have a starting point called Pattaya. There are Farangs, that realize that Pattaya is a "Freak-Show" far removed from reality and leave for the sticks. It appears to me, that this decision works out quite well for most Farangs.

But let's face it: Sometimes things don't evolve as expected. Worst case: Farang want's out of something that has turned into an "unpleasant situation." Only to realize, that by trying to get out of this "unpleasant situation" will usually mean a loss of invested money ranging from 100% to 50%. Such a loss. in many cases, would make it impossible to maintain a comfortable lifestyle for the Farang in the future.

Sometimes it may be the better solution to remain in this "unpleasant situation" =wearing some golden chains around the ankles, instead of.......

Cheers.

"Most Farang - Thai relationships have a starting point called Pattaya"

This is a fantasy believed by those who have started a relationship in pay fot play areas like Pattaya,

rationalizing that everyone else must be as foolish as they were.

Many of us have good wives who have never been to pPattaya , other pay for play farang "vacation spots" or even in a bar.

Yes. most good Buddhist Thai wmen do not even drink!

My wife and those of most of my farang friends he Issan have never needed to "entertain" a desprate, lonely foreigner.

But, go ahead, keep rationalizing if it makes you feel better about what you have done.

What are you staring at?

Been a member for 3 years, has 4500 posts, I suspect at his screen smile.png

Been a member for 11 + years, with about 13,000 posts. But maybe some posts weren't really liked by some guys who have/had more "power.

I apologize if my thread isn't the way you wanted it to be. Maybe you read the OP again and then decide to post. Or not.

I was just trying to say that" Isaan people", in this case, "farang", no matter if they belong to the "still tax paying folks", or retirees.

I also apologize if the post might have destroyed your evening.

I hope that you don't mind to let people say what they want to say, which is sometimes also called "Freedom of Speech."

Now, please let's get back to the Ping Pong Ball Shooting Topics, please. wai2.gif

Cheers.

Post self-deleted.

post-158336-0-94407100-1448980950_thumb.

Cheers.

There are people and there are people. some of them decide to live in the real Thailand.

Some of them decide to live in "Fun City, which has not much to do with Thailand at all. But we're all different and guys who holiday since 30 years in Thailand only know the massage parlour places and the bars in Soi 8, 9 and the Go, or no go go bars in Walking Street.

Of course will those guys disagree with me who try to get a cheap ride at Beach Raod after the good ones are already taken. Don't worry. thumbsup.gif

It's more an artificial world, made for artificial people. ( Frank Zappa called them "plastic people).....smile.png

How the heck can you have a family in Pattaya, let the kids grow up in such an unreal world with airborne Ping Pong Balls, underage bar girls with 99-year-old farang and some of them are pretty much Ding Dong Farang?

But a very good excuse are all the farang restaurants, right? My wife makes much better farang food you'd never find in this shithole.

And guess what? I'll never fall off a balcony, nor will ladyboys try to kick my balls and rob me. Maybe vice verse? bah.gif

Having lived up here for over 10 years, but not out in the sticks, I can assure you that not every farang is as happy as they tell you they are.

Met a girl wherever, it is not important, and eventually talked into buying or building a house in the village to 'live the dream'.

Eventually, like everywhere, after a period of time, the novelty wears off. With very limited conversation, no westerners near, or if fluent in Thai, no Thai person to have a meaningful conversation with, their best friend (or even their only friend) becomes the computer.

Now we are so critical about Thais with the 'losing face' issue (none more so than me), but now the farang is in a similar situation. He now has no alternative to the village life, cannot sell the house, no funds to relocate, but he will never tell other westerners or Thais that he does not like it, because he himself will 'lose face'. So he will tell everyone how great life is in Nakhon Nowhere, but deep down he is quite, if not very, lonely. As the internet speed is not up to scratch, he would not even be able to access a decent western television package, and have to rely on You Tube for visual entertainment.

So next time you hear somebody say how great their idyllic life is in Isaan, bear in mind they might not be telling the true story.

Even if they visit one of the bigger cities up here for a couple of nights, it isn't the same as it was years ago.

Having lived up here for over 10 years, but not out in the sticks, I can assure you that not every farang is as happy as they tell you they are.

Met a girl wherever, it is not important, and eventually talked into buying or building a house in the village to 'live the dream'.

Eventually, like everywhere, after a period of time, the novelty wears off. With very limited conversation, no westerners near, or if fluent in Thai, no Thai person to have a meaningful conversation with, their best friend (or even their only friend) becomes the computer.

Now we are so critical about Thais with the 'losing face' issue (none more so than me), but now the farang is in a similar situation. He now has no alternative to the village life, cannot sell the house, no funds to relocate, but he will never tell other westerners or Thais that he does not like it, because he himself will 'lose face'. So he will tell everyone how great life is in Nakhon Nowhere, but deep down he is quite, if not very, lonely. As the internet speed is not up to scratch, he would not even be able to access a decent western television package, and have to rely on You Tube for visual entertainment.

So next time you hear somebody say how great their idyllic life is in Isaan, bear in mind they might not be telling the true story.

Even if they visit one of the bigger cities up here for a couple of nights, it isn't the same as it was years ago.

Great post

Archived