3 month work permit

nellyp

My school has just applied for a new work permit for me, and been told I can only have 3 months!!!!! The reson seems to be that i have a multiple entry non o visa, and they will only give me the work permit for as long as my stamp allows me to be in the country. My actual visa still has 8 months left on it, and I have always had year visas before (even though there has never been a year left on my visa. has anybody come across this before??

I also had to submit a medical check up and a syphilis check, bit of which I have never done before and will need to do every 3 months too.

Things certainly seem to be getting tougher.

That's a very pessimistic outlook. My guess is I will be here in 3 months, and probably three years if I want.

The "visa" has always been the same one I have now, and it was "applied for" in Laos. It's the same type of visa I have been using for work for the last 5 years.

It seems strange that you seem to be putting the 3 month issue on the shoulders of the school, when it is immigration that are causing these headaches. Anyway, thank you in advance if you have any actual insight into this

My WP and visa are not in synch, but the WP is for one year. The WP was just renewed (Dec) and the visa will be renewed in May.

I believe that this all happened some time ago, when the WP was granted for a shorter period of time because I had not yet received my full teacher's license. I, and a few other teachers ended up getting the WP done twice in one year. Eventually the Teacher's License was finished and the two have been out of synch since then.

I would have to check with our visa girl who took care of all it. All I remember was that at the time she assured me (and others) there was no problem, it was an administrative delay with the TCT.

Archived