Walking Street & Khaosan Road believed to be targets of ISIS in Thailand

webfact

I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt. I find it hard to believe that ISIS gives half a toss about Thailand.

Yep.

As in the OP, "Metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahatavorn said on Friday it was still unclear if the leaked memo was genuine and said that a forged document of this kind could have been made public in order to try and incite public disorder and harm the Thai economy."

And also as I said in the breaking news story of the 10 Syrian daesh members: The story is a bit dodgy. They had Russian intel of the 10 Syrians, entering through BKK, going on to Phuket and Pattaya, but don't know their names.

Also, the document was "leaked" to all news agencies, not just "obtained by Khaosod", so somebody wants it out there.

Think about it: The Police Commissioner doesn't even know about it or if the leaked document is a fake. Does that strike anyone as unbelievable? If he's being cautious about it, then it's probably a fake.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt. I find it hard to believe that ISIS gives half a toss about Thailand.

Yep.

As in the OP, "Metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahatavorn said on Friday it was still unclear if the leaked memo was genuine and said that a forged document of this kind could have been made public in order to try and incite public disorder and harm the Thai economy."

And also as I said in the breaking news story of the 10 Syrian daesh members: The story is a bit dodgy. They had Russian intel of the 10 Syrians, entering through BKK, going on to Phuket and Pattaya, but don't know their names.

Also, the document was "leaked" to all news agencies, not just "obtained by Khaosod", so somebody wants it out there.

Think about it: The Police Commissioner doesn't even know about it or if the leaked document is a fake. Does that strike anyone as unbelievable? If he's being cautious about it, then it's probably a fake.

BBC is reporting they've admitted the memo is genuine.

From BBC report

"A deputy spokesman for the Thai police Songpol Wattanachai confirmed the memo was authentic, but added: "So far it's only intelligence news that still needs to be proved... we have no proof if they are here for real or not."

It has nothing to do with the country beyond having muslins who feel victimised in th South and will probably help them. It is about srpreading their net country by country. Their basic aim is to make the world Islamic. People think they have something against a country to do the dirty but they dont.

I disagree with you; IF these ISIS-Barbarians would pull-off a 'successful' bombing, of say a Russian Disco in Pattaya, then they could boast a "double-victory", namely:

1. The jilling & maiming of a substantial number of, primarily Russian, victims (in 'retaliation to the Russian Bombing Campaign on their 'brothers' in Syria, and

2. A "Point-Scoring" victory in 'support' of the "poor & suppressed" Thai' Muslims

Therefore; you may take this matter with a pinch-of-salt; but I would be inclined to take this threat very serious ! - but I hope (& pray) that YOU are right !

sad.png

I would not panic too much however, the last thing ISIS will do is target a neutral country irrespective of the amount of foreigners. The idea is to kill the infidel of enemy territory. Thailand is not exactly top of the pile is this respect. They have the whole western world to target for this.

Let me guess….you run a bar, a restaurant or a gogo…..right?

I would not panic too much however, the last thing ISIS will do is target a neutral country irrespective of the amount of foreigners. The idea is to kill the infidel of enemy territory. Thailand is not exactly top of the pile is this respect. They have the whole western world to target for this.

Let me guess.you run a bar, a restaurant or a gogo..right?

I don't, and I think that post contains more sense than most.

months ago I wrote about this here already. I was always afraid that IS would try to threaten Foreigners all over the world.

I read in International Post, that in Indonesia and Malaysia IS tries to connect with local extremists to found a coalition which will cover Iraq, Africa and now South East Asia. It will follow what has to follow: we stepped into the trap. They provoked us to fight and we idiots followed them by throwing bombs on to them. With this we create more enemies and more refugees.

It is one thing to help friends (coalition of UK, France, Germany and others), but to keep cool and think before throw bombs as revenge is another.

Not anybody of our big shots is able to shout for negotiations.

And.........as long Turkey buys the IS oil, and as long the IS banking system is working, as as long IS internet is working I can;t see a real chance of improvement, means elimination of IS.

And.............if IS eliminated....who will fill the empty space then.....?? What is the name of the next terrorists,,,,,?

I don't believe these isis nutters to be stupid..theyre quite cunning.

Now the cops will as usual target people of middle eastern backgrounds…..we must also realise that theres a whole bunch of restive muzzlims down south not to mention in various asean countries...

so the attack could come from anyone. maybe even a white jihadist who slipped in as a tourist.

This report certainly does raise some concerns.... If ISIS wanted to strike back

at western nations, and be boinking bar girls while they are planning the

attack, walking street is a perfect spot. I guess Soi Allah might be a safe

area towards the end of walking street, however the danger there would be

from going deaf from the insane music.....

I often marveled that the Pattani separatists never set off a bomb in a tourist

area in Bangkok to make their demands heard. Instead they seem to focus

on killing teachers and rubber workers.....

You really think killing sex tourists will garner much sympathy in the view of the wider world?

I considered this Post with a pinch of salt and a kind of strange sense of humour. However i often feel that there are some Posters on TV who would consider any sex tourists and their girl / boy / ladyboy customers killed to be only the loss of 2nd class citizens.

There is really no need for ISIS to be so fancy here.

Pattaya is always packed with people with some resemblance to Middle Eastern looks, including me.

Passport of terrorists are commonly FAKES.

They don't possibly have the manpower to monitor everyone with vaguely Middle Eastern looks.

They don't, but they do like targeting foreigners and with the keystone kops too busy running around collecting their tithes, there isn't much protection for soft targets.

Or have you forgotten Bali?

People are missing the point here. The threat isn't against Thailand, it's against the western foreigners who visit THailand. Just like the attack in Tunisia wasn't against Tunisia but in a location where the attackers knew there would be lots of unsuspecting western tourists.

They would choose to carry out an attack in Thailand because they know the country is an easy target. The security forces aren't up to much and it seems Immigration and border control have no real clue what is going on.

This story they just posted now says the Russian Consul in Phuket has known about the threat for more than 2 months!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876071-authorities-aware-of-islamic-state-terrorist-arrivals-in-phuket-since-october/

This report certainly does raise some concerns.... If ISIS wanted to strike back

at western nations, and be boinking bar girls while they are planning the

attack, walking street is a perfect spot. I guess Soi Allah might be a safe

area towards the end of walking street, however the danger there would be

from going deaf from the insane music.....

I often marveled that the Pattani separatists never set off a bomb in a tourist

area in Bangkok to make their demands heard. Instead they seem to focus

on killing teachers and rubber workers.....

They're not dumb. A terrorist bombing by southern terrorists would make it open season for the Thai Army.

I 'liked' your post and agree that surely mighty ISIS *thumps chest* aren't interested in little Toyland? But I've just read a BB report on Anonymous having targeted and hacked the RTP over the single gateway (which is going ahead by all reports). So who knows?

Walking Street & Khaosan Road believed to be targets of ISIS in Thailand

If you believe that you will believe anything

They said that about a beach in God knows where where the bloke just shot people in their sun loungers.

Thailand is a very easy target. Crap security, crap immigration, crap border control, crap customs.

It is corrupt to the core. It is the softest and easier place away from home to carry out a terrorist attack.

I agree with the gentleman who said thet Pattaya or WS is too open and the entrance to Nana would be perfect .30-40 full bars at Xmas or new year what a target???

As they will only knock out the dross who gothere maybe they will aim at a higher quality of target- Silom- or River hotels??

Let's pray they don't but I feel that maybe Zeitgeist was maybe correct.

Please. It's not like Russians and other Westerners are at a gathering en masse in Thailand. If it did go down on Walking Street or Kaosan, what are they going to get maybe 2 people from the target nationalities? Even if Westerners travelled en masse as Chinese tour groups do then it would still not be a smart target.

So they have warning of a threat to the main tourist areas in Thailand. This surely will spark travel advisories.

I guess it will be quiet for Xmas.

Now why would they do something like that.

Who is they?

Terrorists shoot people? You tell me?

Issue travel warning? That's what responsible governments do..

Your question is really very dumb.

People are missing the point here. The threat isn't against Thailand, it's against the western foreigners who visit THailand. Just like the attack in Tunisia wasn't against Tunisia but in a location where the attackers knew there would be lots of unsuspecting western tourists.

They would choose to carry out an attack in Thailand because they know the country is an easy target. The security forces aren't up to much and it seems Immigration and border control have no real clue what is going on.

This story they just posted now says the Russian Consul in Phuket has known about the threat for more than 2 months!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876071-authorities-aware-of-islamic-state-terrorist-arrivals-in-phuket-since-october/

Rather alike the national Royal Thai Police force just targeted by Anonymous with a tweet 'they're using passwords like 12345, it's sad' blink.png I concur.

You have more chance of getting hit by lighting then get killed by a terrorists attack in Thailand don't worry about it?

The same as in the UK 48people killed in the UK in about 10 years (and none of them by ISIS) but the whole of the UK fears them it's a joke , and we have just sent in jet planes to bomb them what a joke

Seriously I would say it's 100000 times more likely you die on the roads here

Dose anyone care about that dose that make the news no

12 pages of this already we are all looking at there site

Fear sells

Fear makes them money and then they start bombing campaigns on the back of it

ISIS have Killed more Muslims then Westerners but they don't talk about that in the daily mail do they

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

About those record tourist numbers for 2015...... No wonder they didn't release this document beforehand, they needed people to book their flights out and come over, once here the ''it's alright it wont happen to me'' kicks in, if it had been known before many would have changed their destinations for a holiday, getting scammed is bad enough but getting bombed as well is over the top. Having said that i don't care, i'm in Isaan and they wont be bombing rice fields.

About those record tourist numbers for 2015...... No wonder they didn't release this document beforehand, they needed people to book their flights out and come over, once here the ''it's alright it wont happen to me'' kicks in, if it had been known before many would have changed their destinations for a holiday, getting scammed is bad enough but getting bombed as well is over the top. Having said that i don't care, i'm in Isaan and they wont be bombing rice fields.

Yeah....and with the rice already harvested...us smarter isaan folks are heading to walking street, for some booze....so we are definitely not around.

Archived