Re-entry with a non-O volunteer visa

Hi everyone.

I want to ask if you are on a single entry non-O volunteer visa, and you get a re-entry permit, when you come back in, do they give you another 90 days, or do they only give you until the original date?

I am in charge of a group of volunteers who are coming to the end of their initial 90 days. For most of them, an additional 90 days would cover their stay. However, when our foundation recently was doing extensions for some volunteers, Chiang Mai immigration made some major problems, even though we are a fully registered foundation and the work permits were already obtained.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Because I thought that with an non-O marriage visa, if you do the re-entry just before your visa expires, you get a new 90 days. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I've never tried to do that before.

If you have a single entry non 'O' visa for any reason you get one entry and a permit to stay of 90 days. Only a multiple entry non 'O' visas allow you to exit/enter and receive another 90 day stay.

Edited by elviajero

Because I thought that with an non-O marriage visa, if you do the re-entry just before your visa expires, you get a new 90 days. Perhaps I'm wrong.

"Volunteers" are not usually given Multi entry visas!

You are confusing very different visas .........................................

A single entry visa is valid for a single (ONE) entry only.

If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.

I'm just really trying to figure a way around dealing with CM immigration. They were extremely unreasonable.

It is more likely that the "foundation" has failed to provide adequate documentation for an extension of stay.

Have you asked CM what they require ?

You are confusing very different visas .........................................

First, there is no need for the quotations around volunteers. They are volunteers, working with an officially registered foundation.

Second, I am not confusing the visas. I know they are different. That is why I am asking about it. I never said that there is a multi-entry volunteer visa. I have a lot of experience with nonB visas, but not much with the volunteer visas since I just joined the foundation about 4 months ago.

First, there is no need for the quotations around volunteers. They are volunteers, working with an officially registered foundation.

Second, I am not confusing the visas. I know they are different. That is why I am asking about it. I never said that there is a multi-entry volunteer visa. I have a lot of experience with nonB visas, but not much with the volunteer visas since I just joined the foundation about 4 months ago.

A "foundation" which clearly cannot supply the documentation required for an extension of stay to be granted.

There is no "volunteer" visa !

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908

Edited by expatbrit

If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.

I'm just really trying to figure a way around dealing with CM immigration. They were extremely unreasonable.

It is more likely that the "foundation" has failed to provide adequate documentation for an extension of stay.

Have you asked CM what they require ?

Why do you feel it is necessary to add quotes around foundation?

And yes, I did ask exactly what was required. 3 times. Each time I came back it was something different. In the end, the extensions were obtained, but if there was any to avoid that, it would be preferable. Apparently there is not. So be it.

A "foundation" which clearly cannot supply the documentation required for an extension of stay to be granted.

There is no "volunteer" visa !

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908

Look, I asked a question which was answered, so I'm going to leave this thread behind.

But before I go, I would like to say that there is no need for you to make implications about things you know nothing about. If you have nothing constructive/helpful to say, then just be quiet. Don't cast aspersions on others just because you have a bent view of the world.

First, there is no need for the quotations around volunteers.

There is no reason to give volunteers anything else than single entry non-O.

They can get one year extension of stay at immigration with paperwork from their NGO and their work permit.

Yes, volunteers need a work permit.

Had the foundation and its "employees" been organised there would have been no need for the question.

But thanks for your comments. I can now understand why problems were encountered.

Yes, because we all know that when you go into an Immigration office, the process is 100% consistent everywhere, all the time. Every office, and every IO in every office, asks for and expects the exact same documentation. Right?

The guy explained what happened on his 3 visits. Unless you have inside-information to imply he or his organization is crooked, then at least offer him the benefit of presumed innocence.

• Like 1