Leicester City FC

jellydog

Well done to them, very nice to see, and good result for b/mouth beating Chelsea at home. How the times have changed.

I think its because all PL teams can now afford decent players

Vardy cost a million.

What do you reckon his salary is?

How much do you think Man City will pay for him in January?

biggrin.png

• Like 1

and the excellent mahrez cost £500k.

glad someone's started a thread on them, they and ranieri deserve massive credit. also glad they've kicked on having got rid of that knobhead nigel pearson.

Give him some credit for a miraculous escape act, one of the finest in recent history.

• Like 1

glad someone's started a thread on them, they and ranieri deserve massive credit. also glad they've kicked on having got rid of that knobhead nigel pearson.

Give him some credit for a miraculous escape act, one of the finest in recent history.

yeah that was a pretty incredible escape. i just don't like the bloke one iota though. anyway enough of leicester past, congratulations to leicester present. and thailand being top of the premier league.

yeah that was a pretty incredible escape. i just don't like the bloke one iota though. anyway enough of leicester past, congratulations to leicester present. and thailand being top of the premier league.

I really enjoyed Pearson's attitude last season and he definitely didn't deserve to be sacked. Credit him the escape and building the basis of this season's team.

I really enjoyed Pearson's attitude last season and he definitely didn't deserve to be sacked. Credit him the escape and building the basis of this season's team.

he strangled an opposing player and didn't condemn his own son for a racist video filmed on club duty in thailand. what does deserve a sacking in your world BB?

he strangled an opposing player and didn't condemn his own son for a racist video filmed on club duty in thailand. what does deserve a sacking in your world BB?

Strangled. Get a grip ;-) He grabbed the Palace player round the throat, not good, without googling it I assume he was punished. Not a sacking offense though was it.

If my son works with me and he does wrong and gets sacked, then I should also get sacked because I didn't speak out against him. If I got sacked for that I'd be straight down the labour court office on Rama IV road (or solicitors if in England) filling my unfair dismissal claim and expect to win.

]

i suspect you'd have a bit of a different employment contract than a premier league manager BB. the strangling/choking an opposing player would be enough to be in breach i'm sure. plus, he's a massive knobhead in general same as he was as a player so balls to him.

• Like 1

Does wrong? cheesy.gifclap2.gif Have you seen the full video? I'd advise it was a little more serious than that! As the Manager/Senior Representative of a club on a good will tour in the country of his major sponsors, of course he should have apologised and spoken out, son or not!

As to the unfair dismissal case, maybe you should contact NP and offer your services on a no win no fee basis. I am sure he will take you up on it.....not!biggrin.png

Considering his position as the Manager of Leicester City he should have unequivocally condemned his sons actions to the fans and owners. If you don't then it is assumed Nigel Pearson considers that this type of behaviour is ok for players of Leicester City.

Although i have no sympathy for the press. he did come across as a bit of cock in some post match interviews, seemed to enjoy bullying and trying to humiliate some.

• Like 1

Considering his position as the Manager of Leicester City he should have unequivocally condemned his sons actions to the fans and owners. If you don't then it is assumed Nigel Pearson considers that this type of behaviour is ok for players of Leicester City.

Although i have no sympathy for the press. he did come across as a bit of cock in some post match interviews, seemed to enjoy bullying and trying to humiliate some.

Have I seen the video, well it's shocking what you come across when you google hamster. Have to say though I have no idea which male was which player, but one of them was very gobby.

Whether Pearson should have made a statement or not is a matter he considered not to do or maybe was advised not to do, but legally speaking, should the sins of the son be visited on the relation. Think you'll find that in a court of law that is a no. As we haven't heard much from Pearson since the sacking, I'll hazard a guess that a settlement was reached to the satisfaction of the parties.

]

i suspect you'd have a bit of a different employment contract than a premier league manager BB. the strangling/choking an opposing player would be enough to be in breach i'm sure. plus, he's a massive knobhead in general same as he was as a player so balls to him.

Rubbish. If you are saying that he should have been sacked for his employment for that incident you clearly don't know much about the game. It's a spirited game where people are prone to lose their tempers. Had he took the corner flag out and rammed it through the player I'd agree he should be sacked and jailed, but come on he did no damage at all but we all know he went too far...the FA didn't even consider it worth penalising Pearson for. Sacking 555

]

Does wrong? cheesy.gifclap2.gif Have you seen the full video? I'd advise it was a little more serious than that! As the Manager/Senior Representative of a club on a good will tour in the country of his major sponsors, of course he should have apologised and spoken out, son or not!

As to the unfair dismissal case, maybe you should contact NP and offer your services on a no win no fee basis. I am sure he will take you up on it.....not!biggrin.png

Your last paragraph. Think you'll find Pearson and the club settled.

"Pearson appeared on Sky TV's Goals on Sunday show and was asked about his shock departure during the summer, but he said contractual aspects of his settlement with the club prevented him talking publically, although he stressed he was moving on anyway."Contractually with the confidentiality aspects of the settlement I can't really talk about it, or really want to talk about it," he said".

]

Nope can't post the link.... On another note, being as Newcastle, Spurs and United have supporter groups in BKK, I was thinking of setting one up for the mighty LCFC, so we can all watch games together in Bangkok. Post here if you would like to join and I'll try and organise a venue, if there is enough interest.

• Like 1

I have to admit that when Ranieri was appointed boss I thought Leicester were certs for relegation this season.

Since leaving Chelsea 12 years ago he's had mixed success at several European clubs and his last job was manager of Greece where they failed to win a match in Euro 2016 qualifying under him.His last match was a 1-0 home defeat to those giants of European football,the Faroe Islands !

But I'm glad to have been proved wrong.Leicester have been a breath of fresh air in the Premiership this season.I hope they go on to win the title although I cant see it somehow as they have yet to have a bit of a dodgy spell and a few injuries......but even if they qualified in 4th for the Champions League it would be a magnificent achievement.

Surely there must be some fanatical Leicester supporters out there ? Maybe they only speak Thai,eh ? wai2.gif

• Like 1

Rubbish. If you are saying that he should have been sacked for his employment for that incident you clearly don't know much about the game. It's a spirited game where people are prone to lose their tempers. Had he took the corner flag out and rammed it through the player I'd agree he should be sacked and jailed, but come on he did no damage at all but we all know he went too far...the FA didn't even consider it worth penalising Pearson for. Sacking 555

]

God forbid the bumbling, ridiculed FA is our moral compass. You'll never find a bunch of more inadequate tossers

• Like 1

]

God forbid the bumbling, ridiculed FA is our moral compass. You'll never find a bunch of more inadequate tossers

Pearson was judged in accordance with FA rules. Say no more.

Strangling isn't Thai style.

He should have got the whole bench to wade in! :o

• Like 1

Now we just need a genuine Leicester fan to step forward.

wai2.gif

It is now not just one of those early starts that everyone amazes at the start of every season, then the site gets relegated. Leicester are top of the pile after 15 rounds and not looking like slowing down and every team around them are falling over trying to pull their pants up.

I bet there's a skip in your step!