Leicester City FC

jellydog

Now we just need a genuine Leicester fan to step forward.

wai2.gif

It is now not just one of those early starts that everyone amazes at the start of every season, then the site gets relegated. Leicester are top of the pile after 15 rounds and not looking like slowing down and every team around them are falling over trying to pull their pants up.

I bet there's a skip in your step!

Put it this way, I'll bet we're all thinking if our own team doesn't win it this season then why not Leicester.

]

wai2.gif

It is now not just one of those early starts that everyone amazes at the start of every season, then the site gets relegated. Leicester are top of the pile after 15 rounds and not looking like slowing down and every team around them are falling over trying to pull their pants up.

Put it this way, I'll bet we're all thinking if our own team doesn't win it this season then why not Leicester.

]

I'm praying they win it.

wai2.gif

]

I'm praying they win it.

Allahu akbar to that!

I'm praying they win it.

Allahu akbar to that!

If they do, or even if they finish top 4, that's an unexpected champions league spot taken away but which team hoping for a CL spot will lose out?

I'm praying they win it.

Allahu akbar to that!

If they do, or even if they finish top 4, that's an unexpected champions league spot taken away but which team hoping for a CL spot will lose out?

Well it can't be Chelski.....;)

No hopers that lot!

• Like 1

wai2.gif

I am loving it. biggrin.png After so many years of rubbish; think Levein, Holloway, Sousa, this is a real pleasure.Here's to hoping it can last to the season's end. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I got up for it - and yeah Leicester born and bred!

Who could have predicted this situation a year ago biggrin.png

And the most enjoyable teams to watch in the league

i'm wondering when teams are going start getting behind the ball and playing for a draw and if Leicester will still be able counter that style of play.

Is that Doug Neidermeyer thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I worked on the student union bar at Demontford uni when they built it in 1995.

i drank in the student union bar at demontford when we played an away match there in 1995. don't remember you serving me though mate.

I'm surprised there was any beer left if JS got there first.

I worked on the student union bar at Demontford uni when they built it in 1995.

i drank in the student union bar at demontford when we played an away match there in 1995. don't remember you serving me though mate.

I'm surprised there was any beer left if JS got there first.

As I read it JS was serving up concrete at the time, not beer thumbsup.gif

The title and to some extent top 4 is all about hamstrings these days. With the shallowest squad in the top 6 I would guess on balance that Leicester will finish 5 or 6 but if they are lucky with injuries 2 or 3. Pretty unlikely that the Vardy/Mares show can continue for a full season even if they both stay fit. That said Ulloa might rediscover his prior season scoring heights if called-up.

Not infallible. We put 5 past them at their place in September.

Citeh still odds-on for the title IMO but that could change with a couple of Wenger January signings. I don't buy the Giroud is now a consistent world-class striker story and our injuries are predictably lasting much longer than 'expected'.

The title and to some extent top 4 is all about hamstrings these days. With the shallowest squad in the top 6 I would guess on balance that Leicester will finish 5 or 6 but if they are lucky with injuries 2 or 3. Pretty unlikely that the Vardy/Mares show can continue for a full season even if they both stay fit. That said Ulloa might rediscover his prior season scoring heights if called-up.

Not infallible. We put 5 past them at their place in September.

Citeh still odds-on for the title IMO but that could change with a couple of Wenger January signings. I don't buy the Giroud is now a consistent world-class striker story and our injuries are predictably lasting much longer than 'expected'.

Fair points I think on Leicester.

Interesting that you as an Arsenal supporter see City as favourites. As a City supporter, having watched our recent poor displays, I see Arsenal as favourites. Just hoping Pellegrini sends out a competitive team on Monday at a ground we rarely leave with a point. For us it's all about hoping we can get all our key players back together on the pitch as the current standins ain't good enough to mount a title challenge. ]

Certainly did - felt it went without saying.

Plenty of Leicester fans (and most impartial critics) thought it was a terrible move getting rid of Pearson in the first place after the 'great escape', and that the eventual choice of Ranieri was a bad one given his recent history with Greece. Leicester's biggest hero Lineker slated the appointment and there was even talk of boycotts at the start of the season within a small section of the fanbase. He was not at all set up for success in terms of fan trust, that he joined the club less than 4 weeks before the start of the new season only added to the concern. Compounding this was the loss of Cambiasso who played a major part of last years survival.

As it turns out, he's been superb right from the start. Despite a reputation for tinkering he essentially started the season with Pearson's line up, but from there it has evolved, both in terms of bringing in new starting players and in terms of shifting responsibilities - for example Mahrez wasn't a regular and when he did play was an out and out right winger. Vardy, whilst more constant was often on the left wing, neither of them were standout players last season, even at the end. It's Ranieri and his tactics that has brought out the best in them. The other real standout player, Kante, is a Ranieri signing made right near the end of the transfer window.

Beyond the tactics, he's certainly got more of an endearing quality than Pearson had, to say the least biggrin.png Don't get me wrong I quite liked Pearson despite his awkwardness and abrasiveness, he did a great deal for the club despite all the off pitch antics. But truth is Ranieri is a breath of fresh air and it's clear that the players (who for the most part had strong respect for Pearson) are also very happy with him managing them. The camaraderie and goodwill in the squad is obvious.

The other people that deserve a mention are the back room staff (who are long time Pearson team members), Steve Walsh in particular - the scouting team is the real reason we have Vardy, Mahrez etc, and at such bargain prices. Time will tell if they move on when Pearson gets a new contract, but I think we'll keep them for this season, and I doubt they are especially unhappy under Ranieri - who would be?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

friend of mine told me kante was one who wenger had on his radar for ages and didn't take up the option in the end - his loss, lad looks a hell of a player and has the maddest engine i've seen in ages. also has a terrific turn of acceleration and can play too. reminds me of mascherano in a few ways. sorry to say it but you'll be getting big money offers for him in the summer if not before.

• Like 1