Leicester City FC

jellydog

Can't help but feel sorry 4 pierson

Can't be denied, it's almost 100% his team and am surprised a championship team ain't snapped him up cos imo he'll so what he did At leicester again. Best he take

some media training or spread the interveiws out. Ranniere came into a winning team, fair play to him he's assessed it well and Carried it on. His test will come when a few big or key players leave and he has to replace them.

l I''ve said it b 4 the turning point For the leicester last season was signing of Huth, hardly lost since then

.A real breath of fresh air if only to show the prem doesn't need to be about huge name big money signings. Atm a treat to watch

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Claudio doesn't seriously believe that anyone buys the 'target avoiding relegation' line does he. Still seems to be peddling it!

True, but they've gone from zeros to heros el rapido who's to say they couldn't do the reverse as quickly.

I hope and think not but Murray mint won the title for the chavs ?? Months ago ,,, now ,,,the BOOT. Hero to zero.

Claudio doesn't seriously believe that anyone buys the 'target avoiding relegation' line does he. Still seems to be peddling it!

Its just Claudio's simple but effective way of telling the scribes to go <deleted> themselves with their title talk. Seems to have worked well to this point.thumbsup.gif

Rock bottom in March and seven points adrift with nine games remaining at one stage, Leicesters great escape, followed by their remarkable transformation into title contenders, has provided the Premier League with the best story for years. The table for the calendar year has them fourth, with 67 points from 38 games.

I know you don't need it pointing out again, but the commentator noted that the starting eleven for Leicester cost the princely sum of £17 million and Citeh's cost £309 million.

Extraordinary. Someone surely is going to appoint Pearson before too long.

I know you don't need it pointing out again, but the commentator noted that the starting eleven for Leicester cost the princely sum of £17 million and Citeh's cost £309 million.

Extraordinary. Someone surely is going to appoint Pearson before too long.

Yep he built.an extraordinary squad on a relatively tiny budget. I'm abso amazed someone hasn't signed him.

Prick or not, who really knows, but what's v v clear is that the squad HE built for relatively nish has been sitting around the top of the league and playing some great football and this is obviously another signing he wanted.

Prick or not, who really knows, but what's v v clear is that the squad HE built for relatively nish has been sitting around the top of the league and playing some great football and this is obviously another signing he wanted.

neither of which it did when he was manager. it was in a relegation scrap. and he dragged the club's name through the mud on more than one occasion. he's a bellend who they're well rid of.

neither of which it did when he was manager. it was in a relegation scrap. and he dragged the club's name through the mud on more than one occasion. he's a bellend who they're well rid of.

Well have to agree disagree but it was bit more than a relegation scrap imo was a remarkable turn around. Took more points in the last 9 games than any other prem team 22, form which HIS team took into this season. last ditch win over wb and earlier a 5 3 spanking of ltd was att , stunning. Cambiosa was an inspired signing as was season changer huth. And the vardy signing,, you say prick,, i say bloody good manager not particularly media savvy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leicester should have been found out by now. They just sit back, soak up pressure and hit fast on the break. When teams allow them possession, make them work their way up the pitch they will not be nearly ass effective. Prime example was last night with Liverpool having 65% possession and being hit on the counter.

As much as i admire their achievements this season it will be a sad reflection on the league if they are not worked out and their countering threat nullified.

Leicester should have been found out by now. They just sit back, soak up pressure and hit fast on the break. When teams allow them possession, make them work their way up the pitch they will not be nearly ass effective. Prime example was last night with Liverpool having 65% possession and being hit on the counter.

As much as i admire their achievements this season it will be a sad reflection on the league if they are not worked out and their countering threat nullified.

I agree Tottenham's current league position is also a sad reflection on the league they should be in 5th like most years.

I agree Tottenham's current league position is also a sad reflection on the league they should be in 5th like most years.

Oh dear, you'd have to be an experienced climber to get to the summit of that chip on your shoulder my little cockney sparrow

Whilst Leicester are lethal on the counter, I think you're underestimating how effective we are in other ways. Second video being a good example.

Some good stats here:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

28 of our goals this season have come from open play, 4 on the counter attack. 7 from penalties.

#1 and #5 players for top scorers

#3 and #9 players for most assists

#1 and #6 players for shots per game

#1 and #6 players for dribbles per game

#1 and #8th players for interceptions

#1 team for interceptions

#2 team for tackles per game (but interestingly no individual player in the top 10 for blocks, clearances, saves or tackles)

#18 team for offsides

#1 (joint), and #2 fastest players in the league (http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-six-fastest-players-premier-league-including-liverpool-and-manchester-united)

Most of our action by some margin is in Midfield

My opinion having watched every game this year - an extremely fit, fast, disciplined and organised squad with excellent all round defence, solid midfield in Drinkwater and Kante, and very nippy intricate play up front (hence the number of penalties)

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Whilst Leicester are lethal on the counter, I think you're underestimating how effective we are in other ways. Second video being a good example.

Some good stats here:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016

28 of our goals this season have come from open play, 4 on the counter attack. 7 from penalties.

#2 team for tackles per game (but interestingly no individual player in the top 10 for blocks, clearances, saves or tackles)

#18 team for offsides

#1 (joint), and #2 fastest players in the league (http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-six-fastest-players-premier-league-including-liverpool-and-manchester-united)

My opinion having watched every game this year - an extremely fit, fast, disciplined and organised squad with excellent all round defence, solid midfield in Drinkwater and Kante, and very nippy intricate play up front (hence the number of penalties)

Good post mate and i 'm not doubting everyone does their bit. I'm just commenting really on the overall strategy being based on the counter. And why not, Vardy is the fastest player in the league alongside Martial. I also think Kante and Mahrez, if i've spelt him right, have been outstanding overtime i've seem play

• Like 1

I lived in Leics until 2006 but the last time I went to a game was new year, think it was 1969 and we lost 2-o to Fulham, I remember Johnny Haynes was still playing for Fulham. First time I went they had just sold Frank Mclintock. I knew Emille Hesky when he was a kid, used to come in the Burlington pub on Sundays sometimes with his dad after playing for Highfields ranger juniors. I remember his uncle introducing him and said he'd play for City and England one day, he was about 8 at the time, I laughed of course.

Edited by jacky54

Some good stats here:

#18 team for offsides

Fit as fleas, the lot of 'em, (except maybe Huth) especially Punch up front who doesn't possess one ounce of spare flesh on his whippet like frame.

• Like 1

I'm just impressed that none of the commentators I watch have used the phrase "Roy of the Rovers stuff" yet.

It's got to happen sooner or later though.

The armchair judges are already falling over themselves with clichés. " The likes of the Vardys, Mahrezsss and Drinkwaters of this world, magnificent." I heard one of them say.