Leicester City FC

jellydog

2 hours ago, champers said:

9-0. What a stunning performance. Rodgers looking like a genius.

Leicester were up against the slowest defence in the Premier League and that midfield of Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse (the most overrated player to have stepped on grass) and Romeu could have been bypassed by me and my old grandmother. No room for paceless logs of wood in this League nowadays. Southampton have worked hard in their matches up to now but, that can only work up to a point before fatigue and lack of pace is exposed.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Leicester were up against the slowest defence in the Premier League 

Perhaps so ^^^^

surely credit should be given to Brenda and Leicester. for a outstanding 

9 nil away win. and looking  Geniune Top Four contenders.

But  as usual . the minority are very hard to please????

4 hours ago, deej said:

Perhaps so ^^^^

surely credit should be given to Brenda and Leicester. for a outstanding 

9 nil away win. and looking  Geniune Top Four contenders.

But  as usual . the minority are very hard to please????

Huge credit to Leicester ofcourse for ruthlessly exposing a team with 6 or 7 snails. You can get away with a couple in the team, but that many is just asking to be walloped. Before the game, if I was Brendon Rodgers and saw that opposition team sheet, I would have been dancing in the streets.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Flying high. Don't know about anybody else but a bit of a surprise to me this and they have a relatively decent fixture list till xmas

They did some smart buying and selling, and Rodgers has been much more than I figured. Though a City fan its nice to see more competition from the likes of Leicester and Chelsea.

Another major factor to consider is that they have no European games unlike any of the other title contenders, who should all qualify for the knockout stages next year. 

Only issue I see as being negative for them is where will goals come from if Vardy is injured? Maybe they can bring in some cover in the transfer window.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/20/2022 at 10:44 PM, jellydog said:

Bump.

Here is my reasoning for their lack of activity in the current transfer market. It mostly stems from their owner's (King Power) inability to raise revenue from their airport duty free operations. For 2 years and counting their revenue has been  greatly reduced to the point where the club has to sell players before it can buy.

Fofana, Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison and Barnes have all been linked with a move but none have left. Schmeichel surprisingly left for Nice and hasn't been replaced by a new signing.

Still, they seem to have a decent squad and should pick up enough points to stay out of trouble, but you never know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brenda moaning about not having enough money to spend in the last 2 transfer windows. He says the club isn't the same as it was 2 years ago. What is?

I reckon he is angling for the Villa job which is very possibly going to become free after this weekend. He can re-unite with Christian Purselow and Phillipe Coutinho.

5 hours ago, champers said:

Brenda moaning about not having enough money to spend in the last 2 transfer windows. He says the club isn't the same as it was 2 years ago. What is?

I reckon he is angling for the Villa job which is very possibly going to become free after this weekend. He can re-unite with Christian Purselow and Phillipe Coutinho.

Bang on Champers...criticizing a Thai owner will only lead to one outcome ...Nice footwork by Mr Rodgers.

I did have Gerard GBC but he will be lucky to see out the month.

• 3 weeks later...