Why did the police close ChiangMai Saloon?

flyDelight

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont forget the new purge includes such wickedness as 'having alcohol bottles on shelves'... having branded beer glasses.. Having a menu with pictures of the product.. offering a discount.. Or answering a question as to what was recommended..

Burn the witch..

Dont forget the new purge includes such wickedness as 'having alcohol bottles on shelves'... having branded beer glasses.. Having a menu with pictures of the product.. offering a discount.. Or answering a question as to what was recommended..

Burn the witch..

There are now quite a few places selling imported Belgian/German beers, each in their own fancy glass, such as Hoegaarden and Duvel, does anybody know if they are still allowed to use that glass or are they now being sold in plain, standard glasses? I heard that Beer Republic was getting away with it, but for how long? These particular laws are just plain ridiculous.

I once heard of a bar=owner being told that they couldn't use beer cooler condoms. The police told a customer to take it off his beer, but the stupid thing was that the cooler 'ad' was a complete replica of the beer bottle label, so removing the cooler simply revealed the bottle label anyway. If drinking a beer in a glass with the logo on it is illegal, then surely drinking a beer from a bottle with the label on is too! The question is, how far will this go?

I haven't been into CM Saloon in quite a while, but assuming he was closed because of the enforcement of these regulations my guess would be either promoting alcohol (didn't he have a G&T and other liquors promotion on a sign on the street?) or staying open late, not that I know if he does or not.

As somebody already said, of all the places on Loi Kroh, closing this one is insane. No teenagers, no trouble, no tarts, and plenty of tourists just minding there own business having a quiet drink.

Burn the witch..

There are now quite a few places selling imported Belgian/German beers, each in their own fancy glass, such as Hoegaarden and Duvel, does anybody know if they are still allowed to use that glass or are they now being sold in plain, standard glasses? I heard that Beer Republic was getting away with it, but for how long? These particular laws are just plain ridiculous.

I once heard of a bar=owner being told that they couldn't use beer cooler condoms. The police told a customer to take it off his beer, but the stupid thing was that the cooler 'ad' was a complete replica of the beer bottle label, so removing the cooler simply revealed the bottle label anyway. If drinking a beer in a glass with the logo on it is illegal, then surely drinking a beer from a bottle with the label on is too! The question is, how far will this go?

I haven't been into CM Saloon in quite a while, but assuming he was closed because of the enforcement of these regulations my guess would be either promoting alcohol (didn't he have a G&T and other liquors promotion on a sign on the street?) or staying open late, not that I know if he does or not.

As somebody already said, of all the places on Loi Kroh, closing this one is insane. No teenagers, no trouble, no tarts, and plenty of tourists just minding there own business having a quiet drink.

Nobody has mentioned the third and most obvious reason why these guys have a hard time. Or is there still a belief in fairies?

Burn the witch..

Nobody has mentioned the third and most obvious reason why these guys have a hard time. Or is there still a belief in fairies?

Including you.

big ron has had a on running saga with the police since he opened about 12 odd years ago.he gets fined at least once a month,ron is a real Texan character,who belives thing should be his way,not the thai way,but I quite like him.he has his views,unfortunally there not the same as the junta/police.

big ron has had a on running saga with the police since he opened about 12 odd years ago.he gets fined at least once a month,ron is a real Texan character,who belives thing should be his way,not the thai way,but I quite like him.he has his views,unfortunally there not the same as the junta/police.

Big Ron was the first person I met on my first evening in C.M. - many years back. He's a bit odd but I quite like him too. Tough old dude. "No elephants, whores, or khatoeys in my bar!" Honestly, I'm surprised he has run ins with the police - but I don't know him real well. His family is a nice bunch and they all speak excellent English. Drinks are reasonable and they pour a generous drink.

Big Ron was the first person I met on my first evening in C.M. - many years back. He's a bit odd but I quite like him too. Tough old dude. "No elephants, whores, or khatoeys in my bar!" Honestly, I'm surprised he has run ins with the police - but I don't know him real well. His family is a nice bunch and they all speak excellent English. Drinks are reasonable and they pour a generous drink.

And at one time they had one of the better burgers in CM... the free peanuts could be dodgy though..... good place to take a break from the hustle of the street.

re

Sorry to hear about Big Ron, he cocked-a-snook at the Old Bill on a regular basis and upset quite a few locals, but I was rather fond of him. Hopefully he will bounce back.

he has !

ron ( left ) was open tonight and talking to the new owner of my place bar but there were almost no customers anywhere in loy kroh or the bar boxing centre :(

dave2

post-42592-0-45649000-1449506892_thumb.j

post-42592-0-34060500-1449506923_thumb.j

post-42592-0-20532500-1449506965_thumb.j

Sorry to hear about Big Ron, he cocked-a-snook at the Old Bill on a regular basis and upset quite a few locals, but I was rather fond of him. Hopefully he will bounce back.

BTW, Were the bars closed on Saturday in CM for HM's birthday?

quite a few open on nimman but down town.yellow and the like closed.

re

he has !

ron ( left ) was open tonight and talking to the new owner of my place bar but there were almost no customers anywhere in loy kroh or the bar boxing centre sad.png

dave2

Girlie bars in Chiang Mai have never been that popular, but under the current regime they might just as well pack up and close.

The funniest thing about Ron is watching him do the rounds on his bike checking out how busy the other bars are. What is the point? He reminds me of the supposedly true story of the rival bar owner in Glasgow getting his customers to check out business at the bar next door. The owner next door spotted the 'spy' and said to him "I make it 12 in the lounge and 15 in the bar, what was your count?'.

re

he has !

ron ( left ) was open tonight and talking to the new owner of my place bar but there were almost no customers anywhere in loy kroh or the bar boxing centre sad.png

dave2

This is how it was when I was down there a little while ago. I have seen it quite before but never as dead as this.

I wonder how long they can continue on for with business being as slow as this?

re

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Ba Ba Bo Bo bar is now on a month long sabbatical as well.

its closed yes !

but i this pile of rubble says its being re furbed / re modeld into something new coz no loony thai or farang would put money into doing a bar up now

i think the sign on the door says for rent / sale but i cant read it :(

dave2

post-42592-0-55911700-1449538396_thumb.j

post-42592-0-83463400-1449538420_thumb.j

post-42592-0-55553800-1449538544_thumb.j

re

he has !

dave2

wow depressing and sorry for the girls and owners and well done Junta! sad.png more 'happiness' to the people

re

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Ba Ba Bo Bo bar is now on a month long sabbatical as well.

its closed yes !

but i this pile of rubble says its being re furbed / re modeld into something new coz no loony thai or farang would put money into doing a bar up now

i think the sign on the door says for rent / sale but i cant read it sad.png

dave2

My boss says. Do not eat sunflower seeds or set here. You make a mess.

Archived